Forums
May 04, 2024, 02:21 AM

Author Topic: Worms: Clan Wars  (Read 8114 times)

Re: Worms: Clan Wars
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2013, 03:17 PM »
cool, now I need someone who can code all this xD

Offline StepS

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2013, 07:05 PM »
me

...when possible
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2013, 04:14 PM »
btw Pyro, I'm having a little problem. on this new laptop I use DPI scaling to make stuff bigger, but the PX editors dont seem to like it; all of the buttons go away off the window and can't be retrieved. well I can temporarily fix it with windowscanner by forcefully moving them inside, but it wont last long... (perhaps would only work for one script). maybe if there's no solution I'll create a wormkit module for the editors to automatically fix them in process... but I think it could be edited in the executable, just i dont have any experience

Well to be honest, i dont have that experience too. I dont really have other programming experience than EAX scripting! I`ve learned programming regards to other existing libs (which are open-source for everyone and it worked as best guides for me). So basically i can`t help you with that.

well about px, really gj guys. Btw i always wanna play something like boss fight in WA. For example there is a big shoppa map. And a boss have around 5000 hp. 3 or 5 crate drop like in kaos every 30 second. And you try to get crates with your rope and try beat that boss with those crates. That boss can be like Castlevania Aria of Sorrow bosses (Death, Head Hunter and Legion fits that boss profile imo)

Yeah BOSS idea is interesting. But what we need - is some AI to control that boss :)

@impo:
stealing health by atttack is not implemented
if something is not implemented, you can always implement it by your own!
maybe Im bad with all this PX scripting, but as a programmer I know what Im talking about :D

heh, i know how to script that)) And it can be turn-based or proceeded immidietly. Both ways possible and not hard :)

Thats all. Really not much, the only thing I dont know how to implement is damage from weapons which is depends on what level your worms have, for example +10% to the overall damage each level, so shotgun takes 55 dmg on level2 and 100 on level10
Yep it also pretty easy and fast to implement. We can make variable, which will work as multiply coefficient, which value depends on worm`s level. We need simply override damage and push params in M_GUNEXP and in M_EXPLOSION messages. We can go two ways: increase damage for other objects if you have high level or decrease damage for you as owner of high level.

how about weaps like fire punch which doesnt really make explosion but damage worm after touching his mask instead, could this be controlled as well?
yea, it's a basic hook of the game's messages, you check the needed message (this case is M_GUNEXP, it deals non-explosion damage), and check/replace the param which responds for value of health. all you need to know is where this param is, but it's not hard to find out with the analyzer script (it prints out some infos about the game, so you could see where something happens)

Controlling this messages (M_GUNEXP and M_EXPLOSION) is actually the way how my GodMode works (damn i need finish all of my weaps2.0). The only thing - is that i`ve putted there my own formula for push damage without health damage and without loosing control.

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2013, 07:38 PM »
@impo:
stealing health by atttack is not implemented
if something is not implemented, you can always implement it by your own!
maybe Im bad with all this PX scripting, but as a programmer I know what Im talking about :D

heh, i know how to script that)) And it can be turn-based or proceeded immidietly. Both ways possible and not hard :)

Thats all. Really not much, the only thing I dont know how to implement is damage from weapons which is depends on what level your worms have, for example +10% to the overall damage each level, so shotgun takes 55 dmg on level2 and 100 on level10
Yep it also pretty easy and fast to implement. We can make variable, which will work as multiply coefficient, which value depends on worm`s level. We need simply override damage and push params in M_GUNEXP and in M_EXPLOSION messages. We can go two ways: increase damage for other objects if you have high level or decrease damage for you as owner of high level.
raising also the defense will make counting overall damage too complicated. And pros always count damage before attack remember? :D
There is maximal HP rising already so defense is kinda useless

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 12:15 AM »
So I read on the Steam forums that this game's release date is Q3 this year.

And it hasn't even entered Beta testing yet? What a god damn charade, they won't have time to fix anything. Just like the last MANY worms games.

I would have posted there, but they banned me for respectfully voicing my opinion and providing USEFUL feedback. As opposed to this hostile feedback.

Team17, you suck. I really, honestly hope that people stop buying your shitty games and you go bankrupt.

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 05:37 PM »
Team17, you suck. I really, honestly hope that people stop buying your shitty games and you go bankrupt.

Definitely concurring.

Offline HHC

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2013, 04:18 PM »

Release in 2 weeks...

Offline avirex

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 10:11 PM »
looks pretty awful  :X

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2013, 04:35 AM »
Better graphics, same old shitty gameplay

Offline j0hny

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2013, 09:27 AM »
I'm sure that most of you download trial versions of the network, play the game a few hours, whereupon turn on W:A :D
If you wanna play cup or something, Im at the email: lukaszmok21@gmail.com sound on my phone.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) \(ツ)/ (╯°□°)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2013, 02:20 PM »
Man those guys would get raped n trolled on Wnet haha...

Looks cool actually for people who don't thrive on being competitive and just up for a laugh.

So we're all f@#!ed :D

Actually after watching this, i'm definitely buying it, I like the look of it :)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2013, 11:19 PM »
"Where is the ninja-rope?"

Exactly my thought. :P

Offline HHC

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2013, 12:37 AM »
Actually after watching this, i'm definitely buying it, I like the look of it :)

I wouldn't mate. At least wait for the first reviews to pour in.

I was thinking the other night, what is actually wrong with these new games that people don't like 'em? They look good, the weapons are nice, the classes are fun, the water is funny.. and I still remember it was fun just blasting holes with the zooka.

The real issues with W:Rev and prolly this game as well, is that the general movement is so annoying cause the worms keep bumping, sliding, falling cause of the tricky 3d'ish maps. And then there's the rope and other weaps that just don't function properly, but act all fuzzy and out of control. Add to it the very sluggish menu AND gameplay, the annoying in-game chat function and general shitty online play (as well as the tedious cinematics in the singleplayer that slow everything down), and you'll miss your WA soon enough.
The real problem with this game is that everything works so slowww and buggy. If anything, a PC game needs to be straightforward, fast and easy to control. That's what we're used to with a PC, whether it's browsing on the internet or just using notepad or some shit. Anything that loads for more than 5 secs or prohibits us from doing a simple task within the blink of an eye is just gonna be a nuissance to us.

W:Rev kinda was like playing a shooter with 60 people online on a 56k modem, where you have to wait like 20 sec to let the aim settle in before you can finally shoot someone. It just drives you mad, certainly in a time-based strategic game like worms.
Cause yeah, my online strategy pretty much consisted of just shooting zooks at the other team cause trying to go nearby with rope or chute would f@#! up 60% of the time.

I'm one of the few who think it was a good idea to limit the worms to 16 in these games. Or rather 2 teams of 4 in most games. That was WAY MORE than enough for such a slow-ass game.

Rather than improving W:Rev, they shoulda downgraded it. There's no way this game can work better with those backgrounds and again, this utterly crappy 2.5d type of terrain which makes easy movement near impossible.

end of rant.
Komo, please man, wait for the reviews. And not of those ass-licking game 'review' sites, but of the community. It can save you a lot of bad butthurt.
Steam ones are nice now that the T17 forums have been taken down: http://steamcommunity.com/app/233840/discussions/
Pretty sure you'll get a shitstorm there once the game is released. If you can find more than 2 positive reviews there you might consider hehe, otherwise, nope.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2013, 01:13 AM »
Well, I don't expect it to compare with WA in any way whatsoever, it'll be fun to just mess around with, I know when I like something and I am very rarely wrong, and I like this so i'll buy it :)

I do get what you are saying though, i'll get a good laugh with people at work with this :D

Offline darKz

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2013, 03:33 PM »
I am very rarely wrong

Quoting this for future reference. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010