Forums
May 03, 2024, 11:23 PM

Author Topic: Worms Revolution review  (Read 3697 times)

Offline HHC

Worms Revolution review
« on: October 10, 2012, 07:06 PM »
I finished my first 2 games of W:R  :)

I'll be short, it would take too long to drivel for longer than a minute about what the game is really like:

Annoying loading screens, god love WA.
Goddamn mouse, move onto this arghdamn slow menu.
Jebus why can't I type my worms names without waiting a sec for each character to pop up.
Why are these controls so dumb? Jump on left SHIFT key? That's about the most horrible key there is for that.
Time for online ranked mode!!! Must pwn the noobs!!
OMFG 3-player ranked game.
GAAAAAHH Tele-in, so slow.. game lags.
Man, these 2.5/3d graphics look so poor.
Map is pretty boring too.
JUMP!!! SHITF KEY.
LAGGY WEAPON PANEL OH NO, EVERYTHING IS f@#!IN LAGGY
KEYS DONT REACT, DELAYYYY
Throw a nade, bounced on every piece of land, ends up on the bottom left where I thought i'd hit somewhere near the upper top of the screen.
WTF is this jetpack? When I press up it shoots up like a damn rocket... I'm flying goddamn all over the place. Keys react goddamnit.
SDKFLSDJFSKDFLL

midway 2nd game: wow, I've been looking forward to this, wanted to pwn the ranks again like in Reloaded and have some fun. And here I am, bored out of my mind, annoyed, angry at wasting all this cash on shitty DLC"s I'll never play and just goddamn pissed of.

Worms: Revolution? Ehhh, back to the Stone Age maybe.

Team17 you've outdone yourself. Worst game of the series, worst game of the last 5 years.

Review-sites: you should all be shot for giving this game 8/10 or even 9/10. It's a goddamn piece of shit.

Rating: 1/10, pure bulldong.

Offline HHC

Re: Worms Revolution review
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Don't even need to add that the rope is worse than it has ever been and that the game is buggy as ever; and also that the lack of community-input makes this game have a lifespan of no longer than a week or 2... that is, if it weren't so goddamn shite. Now it's not even good for 1 game of enjoyment.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 07:16 PM »
Throw a nade, bounced on every piece of land, ends up on the bottom left where I thought i'd hit somewhere near the upper top of the screen.
That pretty much sums up the weird physics of the modern Worms 2D titles. :P Honestly, i won't even try this. Worms Reloaded was such a bullshit already.

Offline StepS

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 07:16 PM »
the game doesn't even run here lol

because I'm missing GL_EXT_framebuffer_object

Intel sucks, etc.

This one is the problem of newest Worms games since WUM, I'm not alone with it. Why did they need to use this shitty rendering method...
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline chakkman

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 07:18 PM »
This one is the problem of newest Worms games since WUM, I'm not alone with it. Why did they need to use this shitty rendering method...
Because they can't code. xD

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 07:21 PM »
Reloaded gave me a headache after playing the first round while HHC liked it and gave it a + review. HHC is giving this one a bad review, what's waiting for me then? :o
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 07:25 PM »
The total humiliation. :D Save your money, i would say.

Offline HHC

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 07:25 PM »
Yeah, Reloaded is pretty fun. It's nothing like this piece of junk.

Sorry about all the swearing btw MI. I'm just really pissed off at T17. Been looking forward to this since July and posted several Komo posts about it on the TdC priv board, stopped joining cups so I could focus on this game... *sigh*  :(

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 07:31 PM »
Hmm maybe if they manage to fix the lags, HHC would raise his review to 4/10?

HHC what about those water balloons? How's the water running on lands?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline HHC

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 08:28 PM »
I don't think they will. I have a feeling that even if you leave out all the superfluous eye candy (and there's a lot of that) it will still play chunky. In single player it is somewhat better, but in multiplayer it makes the game near-unplayable. You know, even the powerbar of the zook and nade lags a little... try to make a good shot with that  :-X

Water is running ok IMO. It's a nice feature.

The rope is really really bad btw. Can't bounce vs the terrain, you'll just stick to it. And when you run into a piece of land there's a good chance you'll come off the rope. And when you release it the worm seems to jump up into the air. It's just all really weird and bad and shitty and poorly thought out.

It's time to face the fact that T17 will never release a proper game in this field anymore. W:A will always be its peak, even though it was released at a time when CPU's were capable of much less. It's thanks to the old T17 and to the great effort of the community coders that we can say we've played the greatest game of all time.

The current team... even with Andy Davidson.. nay.
It's not that their skills suck, they just use it for the wrong things. Porting console games to PC, venturing into 2.5/3D, suffice with Single Player, etcetera etcetera.  :( :( :( :'(

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 08:50 PM »
Lol HHC, as I was reading I actually thought it was satire and you were on the mock.

But yeah, game is a half effort.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline franz

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 09:27 PM »
I also was surprised to hear HHC's post start like that. I assumed if there was any one player from here to give W:Rev a decent chance, it would be HHC, and now I'm glad I didn't purchase it. Any money they receive related to this game will just send them the wrong message that what they're doing is progress.

Alternatively, I will still gladly purchase W:A if/when they release it by itself, if anything just to show them even a little bit where they should really be looking.

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 09:42 PM »
I tried a game with 3 CPUs. The CPU with the brainy AI (or whatever it is) actually voluntarily jumped into the ocean.
I guess even W:R can't stand its own gameplay...

First they allow you to download WA if you preorder (which auto-activates the parachute if you have it selected while on the move with, say, jetpack, and you fall too fast) and then they don't make the chute activate automatically when you have it selected.
The water dynamic had so much potential, too. Such a shame they messed it up.
At least they kept the acronym for the game W:R, so we can cover both reloaded and revolution with "W:R sucks".

Offline Peja

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 10:14 PM »
what do you guys expect from a low budget game? i expected a game which makes laugh, and some changes to the used wa feeling. just something which makes fun to play it for some weeks and then pull it out of the corner from time to time.  and i have to say, i  feel well entertained. its god damm nice to see some changes, i really love the new jetpack and rope. maybe not the most comfartable way to get around but kinda logical physics.

be happy about the new style, atleast there is no chance the community gets split by  new releases of the kinda same game every second year.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 10:38 PM »
I feel sorry for you hhc :(. After all your "komo" post in our private forum. I was also going to buy it. I tryied W:R and if you say it's even worse then no chance for me.
@Peja: that's cool at least one people like it :)