Forums
April 26, 2024, 09:08 PM

Author Topic: WO RR Challenge  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Flori

WO RR Challenge
« on: August 02, 2012, 04:31 PM »
I sent a message to FFie to ask if it is possible to have a part with a RR Challenge.
On every WO Tourney, we'll post 1 RR Challenge (a new map created for the occasion) and we'll have until the last day of WO to get the best time. 3 best times will have gold, silver and bronze.

I was also thinking about creating a RR Challenge Tourney.
For example, every player that want to be part of it will have to connect on RopersHeaven at the same time (as every tourney), and I'll send a link with a new map. People will have 2-3-4 hours to get their best time, and after that, every player will send me their best time (or to WO site)
Of course, the maker of the map (me this time) won't be able to participate to the tourney =)

I like the 2nd idea and I think i'll host some Tourneys like this in the future on TUS too.

Offline magic

Re: WO RR Challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:00 PM »
bad ideia ;/

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 10:22 PM »
I dont like it ;O

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 10:59 PM »
Why a bad idea?

Only change I would make is that you only have 30 minutes to make your best time. Other than that I think it's a cool idea :O

Offline darKz

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 11:07 PM »
Yeah a couple hours is way too much.. The only downside I see is, if you want the tourney to have multiple rounds (i.E. use more than 1 map for a tourney) you'll have to check every single replay for correctness after each round..
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:27 AM by Flori »
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Flori

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 12:28 AM »
Yeah a couple hours is way too much.. The only downside I see is, if you want the tourney to have multiple rounds (i.E. use more than 1 map for a tourney) you'll have to check every single replay for correctness after each round..

Exact I also just thought about it and wanted to write it.
For example : 1st round : 30minutes to get best time. Half of players with best times go to round 2 with a different map... etc

But yeah, checking replays can be a bit long ;p But as i said the mod (making maps) wont participate, so I guess he can check replays while players play next round.

Offline sm0k

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 05:08 AM »
im not a fan of rr challanges but i still like this idea ;)

Offline Flori

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 05:23 AM »
Well im not sure a lot of people will participate now that im thinking.. I'll make some maps and try this tourney once WO ends.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 03:42 PM »
If you want something similar, you could host a 50% tourney :)
Basically, there's a set map pack for each round: in round 1, everybody plays HermTR13 (for example, not sure if anyone still plays Herm maps nowadays) and you entrust a few people to host a game with 6 players (including themselves).
You gather the times of everybody that played and the best 50% go to the next round 8)