Forums
May 02, 2024, 04:17 PM

Author Topic: An attempt to set a standard for Shopper scheme. THIS IS SERIOUS.  (Read 4262 times)

Offline Prankster

Re: An attempt to set a standard for Shopper scheme. THIS IS SERIOUS.
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 01:12 PM »
YES, THIS IS DOG

Ok, ontopic: shopper isn't the only classic league official scheme that is wrong (the whole concept of classic league is wrong IMHO, but that's another story and there are those allrounder league variations under testing already).

I agree with KRD about the default powers. Shopper would just need less, but more useful (less non-rope) weapons with a homogenous damage value around 40-80. There are perfect weapons for this without changing the default power levels.
Also, I think, random placement and infinite bazooka would be a good change too.

Anyway, this "I am someone from the outside, an external observer, I have a whole new different point of view" along with your attitude isn't helping at all.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:40 PM by Prankster »

Offline darKz

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 02:07 PM »
Anyway, this "I am someone from the outside, an external observer, I have a whole new different point of view" along with your attitude isn't helping at all.

This.
We don't even know who you are or for how long you've played this game (competitively). To be honest I don't recall reading your name before you opened this very topic, and I can't say I'm new to this game or forum.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 09:25 PM »
***** READ THIS FIRST *****
Ok, starting reading... I've read to this point:
use a little bit of strategy, instead of the usual no-brainier roping
Is this troll thread? I see!

...Shopper scheme. THIS IS SERIOUS.
BEHOLD, MIGHTY SHOOPA! HAIL!</troll>

@weapon power / newbies issue: I don't see a problem here. We're not gonna force casual newcomers to play this scheme with fixed weapon powers and for people entering league it shouldn't be too much of a problem. However Prank noticed that bringing weapon damage closer together can be achieved without by just selecting proper weaps and this could be even better option, assuming we could select a reasonable set of weapons with various usage.

@attitude: I can't really see your point of people not taking this seriously nor trying to help. Everyone here has been trying to look into the matter and help, so control your inner emo  ;).

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline Kaleu

Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Prankster

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 11:30 AM »
If anyone commented this thread who had nothing to add to this conversation, it's you, Kaleu. Frankly, do you believe that you are doing anything useful? 90% of your posts are meaningless. Just stop spamming the forums please!

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 06:51 PM »
Best shoppa in leauge=No shoppa in leauge..The forgotten pirates did not battle with luck..they battled with cunning,passion and thirst for blood !

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 02:31 AM »
If anyone commented this thread who had nothing to add to this conversation, it's you, Kaleu. Frankly, do you believe that you are doing anything useful? 90% of your posts are meaningless. Just stop spamming the forums please!

I think I don't need to? Since I support the whole idea of the original poster?

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline SpectreXS

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 08:58 PM »
Puta merda, agora eu tenho que PROVAR que não sou uma conta fake ou algo assim? Sem ofensa isanelike, já que pelo jeito voce é um dos que me apoia aqui, valeu bro :D

Já disse, me procura em outros forums: na twoplustwo, smogon, no youtube, não sei porque a nóia de achar que eu sou um alias.

Pelo jeito quase ninguem aqui mesmo sabe o que é "sorte" e continuam achando que time trial rope race é a maior prova de skill que existe nesse jogo... mas ok, não tenho prova nenhuma de que sou uma espécie de "mestre teórico" de jogos competitivos mesmo, se é isso que voces querem.

Vamos mudar um pouco o ponto de vista aqui: eu não to nem aí se o scheme vai pra classic league, foda-se league, whatever. Minha intenção é botar um pouco de análise detalhada já que bastante gente joga shoppa, e o scheme não devia ser tão largado assim... (que nem todos os schemes horríveis que encontrei por aqui, gente ainda usando as armas do F4 ou coisas como bow e mad cows) E criar um scheme "oficial", pra quem sabe até alterarmos o padrão idiota do hostingbuddy. Se vai ser jogado em torneios ou não isso a gente vê mais pra frente, mas pelo menos o scheme fica impecável.

I'm gonna put the translation in time, this is just for you who think I'm some sort of second account of an already existing member.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 10:13 PM »
É que o pessoal daqui é muito desconfiado, pois todos se conhecem por verem a pessoa jogando na WormNet, então por isso qualquer um que chega é tachado de alias e como se não bastasse tu chegou botando ordem na casa kkkkkkk, dando idéias, isso foi o pingo que faltava.
Então... falando do scheme, como ja citei, é quase impossível fazer alguma mudança por aqui, tu viu o horror de tópicos que ja criaram pra tentar fazer alguma coisa e termina assim, ninguém posta mais e o admin não se envolve;
Eu e o Professor, ja fizemos a tentativa de mudar o scheme de shopper para a liga, com várias idéias, mas acabou dando em nada, eu achei que o seu tópico iría fazer alguma diferença comparado aos outros pois as idéias estão bem feitas.
Nós não usamos o scheme do HostingBuddy aqui, temos um scheme próprio da liga, não sei onde viu jogadores jogando com vaca e bananas, no schemne oficial não tem.
Em relação ao HostingBuddy, não sei quem comanda essa merda, os schemes de lá estão todos errados, esse sim precisa de mudança.
Só não entendi sua menção ao TTRR? Pra mim esse é o único scheme que não conta com sorte.

English comment soon.  sóqñ.

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline darKz

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 12:43 AM »
Your Portugese is actually so good that I had no problem using Google Translate to understand your post SpectreXS. That's quite suspicious, but in a good way. :D

Quote from: SpectreXS
Holy shit, now I have to PROVE that I'm not a fake account or something? No offense isanelike, since apparently you are one of those who supports me here, thanks bro

I said, looking me in other forums: the twoplustwo, Smogon, on youtube, do not know why the noia to think I'm an alias.

Apparently almost no one here even knows what "lucky" and continue thinking that rope race time trial is the largest trial of skill that exists in this game ... but ok, I have no proof that I am a sort of "master theory" of competitive games even if that's what you guys want.

Let's change a little perspective here: I do not give a care if the scheme goes to classic league, league f@#!, whatever. My intention is to put a bit of detailed analysis because enough people playing shoppa, and the scheme should not be dropped as well ... (not all schemes horrible that I found here, folks still using the weapons of F4 or things like bow and mad cows) and create a scheme "official", for who knows until we change the default hostingbuddy idiot. If tournaments will be played or not we see it more forward, but at least the scheme is impeccable.
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 12:46 AM »
Perfect, now translate my post, im lazy.

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline darKz

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 12:56 AM »
I'm guessing there's nothing useful in it besides "I've cheated before, was a lot of fun but these guys are party poopers". If there is, why don't you do it yourself? ;)
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 04:37 AM »
I didn't wrote it...
It's more useful to SpectreXS than for the entire community not translation needed for now.

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline SpectreXS

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 07:23 PM »
I had some crappy brazilian monkey university tests these days and now I'm back to this thread. And yes, I'm a fake profile, there are 4 users behind me making a conspiracy to blow up the entire worms community.

That google translate stuff, as strange as it seems, is quite accurate. I'm not willing to discuss game theory or the concept of luck in this thread (lol me saying this now...), I just want a decent well-analyzed shoppa scheme to be played, instead of the usual crap that I saw in this forum. IT DOESN'T MATTER if you consider it a lottery scheme or the LLLEEAAGUUESSS don't deserve it or "lolz ppl only play hsteyria now roflmao" (but it doesn't mean that we should set the same odds for, por example, fire punch banana mad cows and handgun).

More suggestions? The scheme number on wmdb is 22315, I put fire punch odds to zero and fixed the OP.

Offline franz

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 01:34 AM »
still appreciating your efforts Spectre, most of the shopper enthusiasts still around may just not be posting anymore or never were very vocal, so it leads to lack of discussion. I have never really invested too much into shopper myself, so I can't say I'd be a great authority for its future, but if it can be improved I'll always hope for that.