Forums
May 05, 2024, 06:10 PM

Author Topic: Completely new roper schemes supporting any map.  (Read 5203 times)

Offline avirex

Re: Completely new roper schemes supporting any map.
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 05:38 PM »
Lol.. Who broght the toolbox to the forums?

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 05:41 PM »
yes i do... sounds like "do u realise u r talking to god"...
Of course, if you suck as roper, you will still suck using finger roll, but you will suck better, faster, harder and more creatively than ever before!

Offline Anubis

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Your not talking to a god, but when I saw that replay I definately want to be able to rope like that again. Give my kb nooooow! :( Really can't await it anymore. :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 07:19 PM »
anubis, im home now and watched replay... its very boring to watch... i would imagine the same to play, but i could be wrong... but heres what i think...

after u attack... u have 12 seconds to get cr8, then hide....  so the worm u hit is roughly in the same area u started your retreat from... he does not have to get cr8, he just has to go directly to you and hit... so unless your playing a newb, he has 100% chance to attack considering he has a direct root (does not need to collect a cr8... )  then it just repeats all game..  IMO this does not add much to the game... makes attacking simple, and the game boring.. so now instead of luck, the game is just based on who gets more 47hp hits, or who gets FD?   or depends if someone falls at some point in the game??...

im just curious what u guys dont like about w2roping... i have to be honest, not one person gave me a good reason to not liking it.. i have seen alot of "dont change roper, its a classic scheme"   and... "changing the scheme will not improve roping, we need to play on easier maps"   and...  "wtf? u suck avi, im not even going to try this scheme, cuz u have designer shades, and think ur cooler then me"

my opinion: w2roper = limited cr8 luck(as long as cr8s will drop, there will be luck), strategy, and skill....  so whats not to like anubis? whats your reasoning on not liking it exactly?

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 07:33 PM »
i just wanna say that comunity dont accept so big changes... mb few small... and 50% of poll isnt so good as u think, good is 70-80.

loosing in roper in luck reason is a part of scheme (scheme that have luck factor), dont try to change it, just let ur good skill owns ur bad luck.

also there are no 2 players with same skills, always someone is better... and if u loosing, u go home and train till death. xd

cheers
Of course, if you suck as roper, you will still suck using finger roll, but you will suck better, faster, harder and more creatively than ever before!

Offline darKz

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 07:45 PM »
Error, in all honesty and sorry to sound rude here, but someone with your roping skills doesn't know what it's like to get crate raped.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Anubis

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 07:46 PM »
anubis, im home now and watched replay... its very boring to watch... i would imagine the same to play, but i could be wrong... but heres what i think...

after u attack... u have 12 seconds to get cr8, then hide....  so the worm u hit is roughly in the same area u started your retreat from... he does not have to get cr8, he just has to go directly to you and hit... so unless your playing a newb, he has 100% chance to attack considering he has a direct root (does not need to collect a cr8... )  then it just repeats all game..  IMO this does not add much to the game... makes attacking simple, and the game boring.. so now instead of luck, the game is just based on who gets more 47hp hits, or who gets FD?   or depends if someone falls at some point in the game??...

im just curious what u guys dont like about w2roping... i have to be honest, not one person gave me a good reason to not liking it.. i have seen alot of "dont change roper, its a classic scheme"   and... "changing the scheme will not improve roping, we need to play on easier maps"   and...  "wtf? u suck avi, im not even going to try this scheme, cuz u have designer shades, and think ur cooler then me"

my opinion: w2roper = limited cr8 luck(as long as cr8s will drop, there will be luck), strategy, and skill....  so whats not to like anubis? whats your reasoning on not liking it exactly?

I voted no because I think it's not really a difference, the same problems remain. And I still don't understand why you removed destructable land, explain plz. ^^

But yea w2roper is better than W:Aroper. It's just not the complete solution and we could work something better out, dunno or maybe that's as good as it can get. :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 07:46 PM »
error, ur posts do not add much to this conversation...

why would u want to continue with scheme that allow luck, if there are ways to improve them, so luck is not as much of a factor?

its time W:A evolves!

oh and let me just say this one thing.. its a bit off topic but...

in worms2, there was a league.. when people wanted to play league, the higher rank player of the 2 was awarded hosting rights (if he was able to host) then he would host the game with his roper settings and say "FD100, 1 cow, 1 dyno, 1 para, 5 zooks at 55, unlime mine, nade 12 second 5 retreat"   and you has no choice but to accept these settings, and try your best to win the game... some people used 2 worms, some people used 1 worms... IRwlz was one of the few who used 3 worms... but my point is... you had to adjust to it in that game.. and its not like its very hard to do....   so why are you complaining about 2 rope schemes now? in w2 it was 100 different rope schemes lol

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 07:50 PM »
darKz, ye but... but u will not listenin to me again... xd

too all: ye, i even know why... xd

Offline avirex

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 07:53 PM »

I voted no because I think it's not really a difference, the same problems remain. And I still don't understand why you removed destructable land, explain plz. ^^

But yea w2roper is better than W:Aroper. It's just not the complete solution and we could work something better out, dunno or maybe that's as good as it can get. :D

anubis, my goal was not to exactly duplicate w2 roping onto w:a...  i was just looking for a scheme that would reduce the luck of cr8s.. (obviously as long as cr8s drop, there will be a luck factor.. point blank) but i do think w2roping reduces the luck factor greatly...

the main reason i did not put destructable land was because i was trying to make a scheme that not only reduces the luck, but also something w:a would accept... the people on this game are very very very narrow minded...  it was like pulling teeth to get people to even try my scheme anubis.. me and shyguy spent over a week just hosting the game for people to come and try it out...  

some people even voted no without trying the scheme... its sickening how they are :)

i just felt that with destructable land, it would be even harder for them to accept.. there was other lil features we talked about adding to the scheme as well, but had to take into consideration the community, and how scared they are of change.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 07:54 PM »
error, ur posts do not add much to this conversation...

why would u want to continue with scheme that allow luck, if there are ways to improve them, so luck is not as much of a factor?

its time W:A evolves!

oh and let me just say this one thing.. its a bit off topic but...

in worms2, there was a league.. when people wanted to play league, the higher rank player of the 2 was awarded hosting rights (if he was able to host) then he would host the game with his roper settings and say "FD100, 1 cow, 1 dyno, 1 para, 5 zooks at 55, unlime mine, nade 12 second 5 retreat"   and you has no choice but to accept these settings, and try your best to win the game... some people used 2 worms, some people used 1 worms... IRwlz was one of the few who used 3 worms... but my point is... you had to adjust to it in that game.. and its not like its very hard to do....   so why are you complaining about 2 rope schemes now? in w2 it was 100 different rope schemes lol

Yeah I remember that, I think I liked the 1v1 schemes, 55 unlimited zook. (zooking was kickass in w2 because the wind was never changing like in W:A at least you could change it to that)!

Offline Anubis

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 07:58 PM »

anubis, my goal was not to exactly duplicate w2 roping onto w:a...  i was just looking for a scheme that would reduce the luck of cr8s.. (obviously as long as cr8s drop, there will be a luck factor.. point blank) but i do think w2roping reduces the luck factor greatly...

the main reason i did not put destructable land was because i was trying to make a scheme that not only reduces the luck, but also something w:a would accept... the people on this game are very very very narrow minded...  it was like pulling teeth to get people to even try my scheme anubis.. me and shyguy spent over a week just hosting the game for people to come and try it out...  

some people even voted no without trying the scheme... its sickening how they are :)

i just felt that with destructable land, it would be even harder for them to accept.. there was other lil features we talked about adding to the scheme as well, but had to take into consideration the community, and how scared they are of change.

Well I see where you come from, and I agree with it, I definately would love to have almost the same scheme just like in w2. I think it would work out even better, even add at least the dynamite and more fd (I think that's possible nowadays?). Destructible land is important to have the full joy from this scheme. Most aspects in the W:A Roper scheme suck. Def needs change OR simplified maps. (yeah still gundam lol) xDDD

Edit: Doublepost... nice. :x

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 06:54 AM »
the people on this game are very very very narrow minded...

Avi man, you are a bit ignorant & arrogant, it's not this game that's narrow minded, online gaming in general, heck i'd go as far as to say it's the whole damn planet, whoopdee-doo, deal with it, people like what they like, it's up to you to talk them into changing their minds, and you done a pretty damn good job of it at 1st even getting that amount of votes, so be proud of that...

I bet a few people voted No, just due to the fact the way you were ranting on about people being lame for not trying it etc.

Normals ropers have been perfect if not due to crate rape, this is the ONLY thing which people complain about, yet at the same time, it's the crates that make the game fun, having to collect them before you attack, 1 solution is, without a doubt, to chill out with the maps we play on, you CANNOT deny that this works, because it does, and we ALL know it, however, I understand how some of you might find that boring, fair enough you are entitled to your opinions.

The w2Roper scheme doesn't fit well either, so obviously we need a brainstorm, the answer is possibly and probably will be something SO simple we gonna slap ourselves straight in the chops when we eventually stumble across it, and it has to be something that will work on ALL kinds of maps to suit EVERYONES preference.

I really like Anubis/darKz idea with the attack then collect crate and hide, except the times are wrong I think, it looks too easy and still has a slight advantage to the person who shoots 1st and as avirex said could possibly get a bit boring, and avirex and Shyguys idea with their scheme of w2Roper is also a great idea, except it still has crate rape issues, I think a combination of both of these could be quite nice...

For example:

We definately have to have crates...

So an idea i'm thinking is lower the amount of health that is in crates, for example make it 10hp, BUT put the starting health up to 300, because of lower health, but higher starting health, 1st player doesn't have a huge advantage.

Use the w2Roper basis where you have a choice to collect crate and attack, OR attack and collect crate, or attack and leave crate, so even if the crates are easy all game, it's not THAT big a deal as it's only 10hp, and 1st person to shoot isn't THAT big of a deal as you start with 300 and someone who is more consistent SHOULD win.

Now, stick with 12s turntime, and use make the retreat time 7s, with 7s retreat time this makes it possible to get harder crates after attacking, IF you are a very good roper.

Now, I was thinking, we should add something else, another rule, the crates are optional in any way possible, SO, this is my brainstorm of an idea, take ALL of this into account, now, if you choose to collect the crate THEN attack, do so, however if you want to attack before collecting the crate, you must touch the ROOF before being able to attack, if you say touch a wall, too easy if you are on that side, could be too much for some people if in the middle, but if you touch the roof, at least you are doing SOMETHING with the rope, without collecting 1st, to be able to attack, and you can still try to get your crate afterwards.

So, in as short words as possible, here is my scheme suggestion:

12s Turntime, 7s Retreat time, 300hp Starting HP, 10hp Crates, choice of collecting crate before or after attack, if you choose to attack before collecting crate, you MUST touch the roof before being able to attack, all weapons the same as Original roper scheme, and zook 1st as always.

What do you think, and if you don't like it, please criticise in a reasonable fashion...

Offline Anubis

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 07:01 AM »
Sounds good, as usual it has to be tested. But I don't think that Hit&Rope is boring, it's a really dynamic scheme when you play it. :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 07:04 AM »
I made a mistake, 318 starting HP sorry lol.