Forums
May 05, 2024, 09:53 AM

Author Topic: Completely new roper schemes supporting any map.  (Read 5200 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Completely new roper schemes supporting any map.
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 07:25 AM »
Here's a replay of what you suggested, played very fluent. I forgot to set 10HP cr8s and more HP though, but it didn't really make a difference. Game lasted long and was never boring. I sucked at the beginning though. xD

Offline Rok

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 07:26 AM »
If anyone can persuade Deadcode/CyberShadow to make so we could have 2 consecutive crates falling at the exact same spot -> no more crate rape. (That's almost like abnaxus' idea of "crate every 2nd turn = checkpoint", it would only look at bit nicer). Add the ability for the starting player to have 45 less health at start and vóila, all the problems of the roper scheme are solved :)

So darkz, if you're going to talk to Deadcode, maybe you should mention this.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 07:32 AM »
Here's a replay of what you suggested, played very fluent. I forgot to set 10HP cr8s and more HP though, but it didn't really make a difference. Game lasted long and was never boring. I sucked at the beginning though. xD

It does though, try it the way I said, make the scheme 255hp, and put +hp on both worms, it's really ufn playing it now with shui :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 10:37 AM »
komo, i was actually being nice, and trying too cooperate with everyone, and u still flame me???  wait? what did i say? w:a is stubborn and narrow minded?... hmmm... maybe cuz it is??? people voted no, without even trying my scheme.. u know how much that pissed me off? thats why i got mad, and yes.. i went farther then i should have.. and now im trying to turn that behavior around, and ur still going to flame me? cool guy you are!!

now..  like i said time and time again, nobody once gave a reason why my scheme is not good... not one person gave a reasoning behind it... all i have heard is "dont change the classic roper"  heard that from you too komo, but now u come hear with idea identical to my w2 roping? but u have to rope up and touch the roof first? this is outrageous.

Offline avirex

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2010, 10:40 AM »
If anyone can persuade Deadcode/CyberShadow to make so we could have 2 consecutive crates falling at the exact same spot -> no more crate rape. (That's almost like abnaxus' idea of "crate every 2nd turn = checkpoint", it would only look at bit nicer). Add the ability for the starting player to have 45 less health at start and vóila, all the problems of the roper scheme are solved :)

u may not have read my post couple pages back rok..    at first i thought that would be a great idea (abnaxus mentioned it first)  but then when i thought about it,  its a horrible idea... it gives player 1 the option of knowing the hardest/farthest point from the cr8... and obviously he is going to hide there.... worm 2 does not have that option his hide will be strictly pratying ofr hard cr8s once again :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2010, 10:56 AM »
Avi, what? I said you were a bit ignorant and arrogant, which you are considering I have to tell you this again, in the same paragraph I complimented you, so don't even THINK about saying I am flaming you...

And I have already gave a proper explanation why I don't like your w2Rope scheme, if you can't remember it, or didn't bother to read it correctly in the right thread about it, well, tough luck, your problem, not mine.

I always said I liked your scheme anyway, and that I just prefer Normal ropers.

Please, in future, READ.

Offline Rok

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2010, 11:49 AM »
u may not have read my post couple pages back rok..    at first i thought that would be a great idea (abnaxus mentioned it first)  but then when i thought about it,  its a horrible idea... it gives player 1 the option of knowing the hardest/farthest point from the cr8... and obviously he is going to hide there.... worm 2 does not have that option his hide will be strictly pratying ofr hard cr8s once again :D

You'd only need one new rule: Hide where the opponent was hiding at the start of your turn. Not a perfect solution because it takes away even the last bit of strategy that exists in roper and it may not work for 2v2 games. But the point is, the crates would be equaly good/bad for both sides.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Anubis

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2010, 04:02 PM »

What Rok said. :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2010, 04:04 PM »
but then, what if somone falls at top, should u be penalized, and have to hide where he hide/fell?   i just dont think that scheme would work out tbh.

Offline avirex

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2010, 04:10 PM »
komo, i think ur idea of touching the top if u dont get cr8 is fine... however i do think its pointless.. because almost any roper can go touch the top and make a hit without even the slightest problem.. so it just becomes a pointless thing in my eyes more then anything...

i dont see the point of the 7 seconds tho... what was wrong with 5?  if u do not get cr8 b4 u hit, u should have very little time to go after it... as it is, with 5 seconds i can make it pretty far....  like, if im at the top of map, and toss a 2 second nade, i may not get a perfect hit, but i will get a hit and i can still make a good distance to get a cr8... but with 7 i think i can make damn near across the map...   

keep in mind im trying to brainstorm, not cut ur idea up..

1more thing komo, u said im arrogant and ignorant because i said w:a is close minded... well anubis agreed with me... is he a n@#!!! too? :p

Offline Anubis

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2010, 08:14 PM »
Well over the years I have obtained the skill to see things with more than just my eyes. I support good ideas and I am the last to boycott your scheme if I think it's good.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2010, 06:22 AM »
komo, i think ur idea of touching the top if u dont get cr8 is fine... however i do think its pointless.. because almost any roper can go touch the top and make a hit without even the slightest problem.. so it just becomes a pointless thing in my eyes more then anything...

i dont see the point of the 7 seconds tho... what was wrong with 5?  if u do not get cr8 b4 u hit, u should have very little time to go after it... as it is, with 5 seconds i can make it pretty far....  like, if im at the top of map, and toss a 2 second nade, i may not get a perfect hit, but i will get a hit and i can still make a good distance to get a cr8... but with 7 i think i can make damn near across the map...   

keep in mind im trying to brainstorm, not cut ur idea up..

1more thing komo, u said im arrogant and ignorant because i said w:a is close minded... well anubis agreed with me... is he a n@#!!! too? :p

I put 7s because crates are only 10hp, you want to get the crates but then again don't really have to all the time, I know the roof thing is kind of pointless, just makes it more interesting I think, that you have to do SOMETHING to attack...