Forums
May 08, 2024, 10:50 PM

Author Topic: Future of Feature of W:A schemes?  (Read 2693 times)

Future of Feature of W:A schemes?
« on: June 25, 2013, 04:52 AM »
Sorry for such a long post but unlike all other long posts on this one OP doesnt crying about how bad this community become but instead finding whats good we got
Remember previous summer everyone was bored of hysteria and other shit which making the person who isnt famillar with our community think we are drowning deep into.. But then PX announce come out like fresh water on the desert of tus. Vids with all those awesome weaps forced us to think once such huge think get in our hands we'll start the whole new era of worms armageddon with real-time, black-jack, and sluts. But what happened after?
Its come out and some people enjoyed few schemes such as glider race or jump race. 3 days after it become as silent as that ocean we were drowning in. But what was the reason?
Some people might think its actually WO that started almost on the same time with release of PX and overshadowed it. But its not! Maybe its sounds stupid, but the reason is lack of really intresting content. Ill try to explain.
Tazer, yeah its cool. Roping sheep, yea funny as well. But we cant just play scheme where sheep is roping and using tazers right? We want something fun to play, seriously challengive and as balanced as possible. Most of PX stuff however was something like "omg how to use this shit lol oh hahah wtf". Do you remember any intresting scheme? Really addictive cool scheme using PX? Thats because W:A is not about using weapons, its about playing schemes, and thats the thing PX didnt have.
In fact release of PX reminds me release of the Wii U, it have this funny controller and other cool features but how about games?! But as well as Wii U can be saved with for sure late but still games, PX can be saved by release of some seriously addictive scheme!
I think everyone noticed there is Hanglider scheme (not sure if I write it right) which plays quite alot on ag. Well, I did my best to love and enjoy this scheme but I was not able to.
So Ill write my own ideas which could possibly add something new to the community and finally bring PX on the new level not only around PX people (When I tell to authors of PX schemes that their schemes is not enough popular their answer is always like "what!? Its actually very popular on PX site and everyone enjoy it there". Well maybe its popular on PX site but players who dont visit PX site everyday which is 99% of community have no f@#!ing clue what your scheme is about)

So yeah, I had few ideas directly for elite. Well there already was idiots who added bowling ball and superOVER9000 DAMAGE bananabomb too the elite (to the goddamnit really nicely balanced elite!)
Adding new weapons to the elite is the last thing humans should do on this universe, and I myself gone the other way as well. Hope you enjoy this idea: Worms Classes!
To make it as simple and genious as possible each class rise the power of each F.

Class1 will be Artilleryman/Gunner which is increasing F1 weaps
Zook and hominge will provide higher damage with 55 as maximum (or more). This is also making use of birds very dangerous as well as sheep launcher if they are on hands of gunner type worm!

Class2 gotta be Thrower/Bomber which is increasing F2 weaps
Increasing damage of clusters and nades the way so the nade could take ~55hp, hard to say about cluster, nicely placed claster will damage much harder than before, thats what Im sure in! Imagine how awesome to have thrower on top of map when the game turns into bng.

Well there should be 3rd class which is rise the power of the F3. But there is not much sense to increase shotgun. Shotgun on elite itself is perfect weapon. It kills in 2 turns and no matter what it takes. to change the situation we have to make the 100hp damage of sg which is obvious disbalance. 75hp dmg is disbalance as well. And the only effect from making damage of shotgun ~60hp will be facepalm mixed with laughing from eac guys so forgot it just now.

Class3. F4 - No idea how to call it but google proposed me Hercules class, we can also call it nino-like class huh. It makes f4 attacks serious weapon on elite. 50hp dmg from fp/db. And high chance to kill 100hp worm by perfect kami. Having Hercules or nino-like worm in the very middle of map is preparing your body to have an orgasm or even two after the win by the violance of ninoworm.

Possibly class4: F5 - Pedophile which is increasing the power of both super/not super sheeps and dyna with mine. I think its not worth it since such class will unbalance the game. Increasing the damage of already the powerful (without sw) weaps sheep and dyna plus rising the power of ss which is already kinda unbalanced for elite comparing to the other super weaps.

Class4: F6 - Striker. Can napalm and totally burn the ass of the opponent which is pretty much satisfies! Air strike is on mind as well.

Class5: F7 - Engineer. Having one somewhere deep in your peace of map is awesome and gives saveful feel. It can torch and drill much harder as well as build some girders longer than the usual worm with its short limiting distance.

Class6: F8 - Ninja! f@#! yea ninja! With much longer 3 stars power rope, he can get pretty far and make something not good to the opponent

not sure if there is any other nessecery F left. Mostly because of its limited weaps. Except maybe F12 with its own retarded class allowing you to skip as badass as possible and surrender seriously hard. There could be classes like medic which gives ability to cure injured worms but f@#! battlefield 3.

First turn you can only move and select the class of the worm. All other weaps is blocked. Your opponent dont know what classes you choose.

The 2nd idea add levels and regeneration to the elite and allow your worm to level up and become 80lvl worm which is already epic. The idea useful for absolutely any scheme, normal, hyst, anything.
The worm health regenerate by 2 or maybe 3 hp each turn till it reach its maximal hp. You gain exp by damaging and killing worms, by reaching specific amount of exp you'll level up and increase your maximal health and attack.
example:
you see a worm with 52 hp and you got 20 exp left till the level2. What you do, attacking this worm with shotgun -25hp damage and get 25 exp, level up and as result increase your attack which is 10% each level, your second shot does 27 or 28 (actually 27,5 lol) and in any case kill him. Ba-da-bum-tss
Well if you really read my longest post on tus i ever write thats actually serius performance you got there

Opinions? Is there any sense at all to add such stuff in elite? It could be nice scheme if you are not in mood to play league games
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:56 PM by Impossible »

Re: Feature of W:A schemes?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:05 AM »
I think this is good idea, which can push regular schemes up to the next level.

..saying about Highlander (yes, you wrote it wrong :P Highlander translates as "горец", special translate for impo) its very balanced and very popular scheme between PX owners. Everyone who has PX tryed it and and love it. Becouse of its nice idea as a strategic scheme, not becouse of weapons.
Dunno why it didnt seem nice to you. Probably you didnt get what its about.

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:04 AM »
You'd want to know which class the enemy worms are. Otherwise it would be damn hard to 'predict' what he's gonna do and anticipate on it.

IMO, if classes are implemented they should be the same as the ones in Worms:Rev at first, or at least closely resemble them. That makes it easy for all to understand what they do. Once people are used to them you can think about adding new classes with new abilities.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:49 AM »
You'd want to know which class the enemy worms are. Otherwise it would be damn hard to 'predict' what he's gonna do and anticipate on it.

IMO, if classes are implemented they should be the same as the ones in Worms:Rev at first, or at least closely resemble them. That makes it easy for all to understand what they do. Once people are used to them you can think about adding new classes with new abilities.
well there is a lot of different ways with ProjectX how to "show" information about classes. The only limit - is imagination.
We able change worm`s sprites, moving speed, collision mask, add additional (and switchable) info field above the worm to tell his "rank" or "class". We could attach some picture on animation underneeth the worm, with semi-transparent. Or even make a switchable table with all game staticsitcs and scores for each players and worms or for current team. or both!

To understand what i mean and what possible - need try to play my (with Drumstick) PX Golf, it has a lot of very cool and usefull stuff about that.
btw, PX Golf has nothing similar to usual worms Golf, but has as maximum similar to real golf, as possible. It looks like the whole new game. Who love golf - i`m strongly recommend to try that! If you`ll catch me online - i will host it for anyone who want to try it with pleasure.

Offline Husk

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 11:22 AM »
does PX work with the new update?

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 11:33 AM »
does PX work with the new update?
No. With 3.6.31 only. And only Entuser can change that.

Offline Husk

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 11:36 AM »
for PX to get more popular, we might want to get it to work with the latest update =)

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 12:11 PM »
Maybe! We dont know till we try right? But what I can say is that it provides new tactical moves. for example you can give to the worm on top f8 class and f2 to the worm that is somewhere deep and then switch them to confuse the opponent. If you will be able to see what class worms have it might make the moves of the opponent even more obvious, which is boring, since there will be no surprize effect at all

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 12:23 PM »
Maybe! We dont know till we try right? But what I can say is that it provides new tactical moves. for example you can give to the worm on top f8 class and f2 to the worm that is somewhere deep and then switch them to confuse the opponent. If you will be able to see what class worms have it might make the moves of the opponent even more obvious, which is boring, since there will be no surprize effect at all
Hmm maybe. But we might know where OUR mates with which level, right? In that case there is possible to show info panel about your particular team and on your screen only. PX able to do that.

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 02:46 PM »
for PX to get more popular, we might want to get it to work with the latest update =)
This and moving your forum to TUS + enforcing people to make screenshot/explaination/rule following a description framework whenever they post a new scheme.
For example, I went  to http://px.worms2d.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=648 but there are no screenshot/rule... and since I don't have PX it doesn't give me enough to "try" it.
Edit: About the whole classes thing, I've never been so fan of classes sp I can't really help.
Where I really see its power is in the TUS challenge part with thing like very hardcore hard scheme (like 1 worms versus X boss everytime you win a game the scheme "evolve and you have X+1 boss with maybe different abilities or things like survival mode.. the point is instead of the usual who is the fastest to do this challenge you can do thing as who lived the longer and other things..) or new type of scheme (like the TCB challenges that are so famous because it is not about who rope the quickest) but once again this need to be very well organised in order to make everyone understand it. That's my belief on how it would be possible to take the PX community to the next level.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:53 PM by zippeurfou »

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 08:55 PM »
For PX to get more popular, you might also want to ask its author to properly disable it in non-PX games. I heard there could be some desyncs with worms walking on arrows from a Longbow.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 11:14 PM »
For PX to get more popular, you might also want to ask its author to properly disable it in non-PX games. I heard there could be some desyncs with worms walking on arrows from a Longbow.
and I was the one who discovered this xD
Its caused  by a few pixel difference between masks of the bow, well its not hard to rename wkpx to !wkpx, you can even write bat file that will rename px module automatically for you.

About levels feature. Stay tuned its coming soon!!!1

Offline Asbest

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 12:39 AM »
PX is f@#!ing shit. Who likes PX just traitors of Worms Armageddon.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:45 AM by Asbest »

Offline Alien

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 02:37 AM »
you better should apologize for your post before your double post.

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 06:48 AM »
About levels feature. Stay tuned its coming soon!!!1

Yeah i almost finished scripting this one. We gotta release it soon