Forums > Schemes

Ldet and racing schemes (Leagues)

(1/4) > >>

Kaleu:
Today I was wondering why we still do not play TUS league racing schemes (bigrr/ ttrr) with ldet on?
In my opinion, it's much more challenging and intense as the goal of these schemes is to be faster than your opponents.
I've tried ttrr with ldet and it opens so much possibilities when you gave up fear and focus on turn speed.
Thoughts?

*Edit*
Glossary:
Ldet - Loss of control doesn't end turn.

Kradie:
No parachute for racing schemes too. It adds extra intensity and dread.

This is my opinion as well as my experience.

With parachute, I feel so much safer, but without I do not.

But really... To have no parachute, I never really think about it.

Kaleu:
Hmm.. Not sure about it, did not test it enough, except for roper (zar and stuff lol)...

Just another thing I'd like to add. I personally hate losing ttrr matches for not finishing + extra 100% rage boost when my opponent ir clearly newbier than me :D I mean, it won't prevent me of losing anyway because I can plop all my team but I will have double attention in water section of the maps.

Big RR same.. if you lose 1 turn right after the start playing with a opponent of the same speed level, its over...
It makes more sense to use all your turn time and try to be faster, turn loss is too punishing! Also that way speed up the game almost double, maps are big, so no super long games.

Racing schemes should be a contest of who's faster and not who fall less.

FoxHound:

--- Quote from: Kaleu on November 27, 2022, 04:29 PM ---Racing schemes should be a contest of who's faster and not who fall less.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this, although not falling is a valid skill. Maybe both types of racing styles could be allowed. I always supported LDET in races.

Kaleu:
Yeah not falling is a valid skill indeed but It counts with ldet mode too. You will be punished for every fall anyway, and rewarded for being consistent and fast. I see it like in a Steeplechase race. If you eventually stumble one or more times you will be passed or stay behind your opponents. But imagine if everytime you stumble you can't keep running, you are just forced to stop? I see it like that in worms.
Or maybe imagine a nascar race.. Every time you hit grass you need to stop your car and wait the other cars to complete a lap..
Not sure if it makes sense, it's hard to explain in english, some language barrier for me. Gl understanding ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version