Forums
May 05, 2024, 04:22 PM

Author Topic: New rules for BnG  (Read 8948 times)

Offline darKz

Re: New rules for BnG
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 01:27 PM »
You'll notice most players voting for nrbng are not dead hard bngers.. they're players looking for an easier solution to winning a league match. No offensive dark, but thats why you learnt to notch. Thats why you want nrbng.
Eh, so how exactly do you think NRBnG would help my notching? Wouldn't it rather help my opponent?

Also please don't tell me why I learned what. I learned notching on a LAN party where I met up with bolf (KiLL0r). I wasn't asking him to teach me or anything but would you have declined? It was interesting. And at no point I wasn't thinking "I need to win more league BnGs". lol

Off-topic. Sorry but I got pushed. D:
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline beer

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 02:00 PM »
''they're players looking for an easier solution to winning a league match.'' lols
so u alwys try hard wins? even showoff in ropes?ahah mine in ropes suck, that easy win! use zooka (xDDDDDDDDDDDD) how its with elite?no sence.
eya evryone wanna win on the easy way, well, the smart ppl, ok

ps: im not agains bng the old the new, lol dnt fukign care with bng. just cheak that funny at ' players looking for an easier .. winning'
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 02:02 PM by beer »

drama queen iz back

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 07:34 PM »
The thing is tho beer. BnG is more of a style scheme than roper. We don't have rules in roper to stop you from using mines, hiding on top, zooking/grenading a wall to earn abit of damage if you can't rope back to attack properly.

This is all smart play even tho it is considered cheap by some roper players.

For bng the rules are fine as they stand. You can be cheap and use methods to ensure you get nice damage and still play within the rules. Repeating shots for example is not illegal. You can also play nicely and still win, just like you can in roper. I dont see why a debate has been born again to remove rules from bng. This thread was started by someone who wanted to put more rules in bng. I think hes wrong. If you look at all the tus bng's played, i wonder how many has produced complaints? I doubt not many.

As for you Dark. You don't have a leg to stand on. Jigsaw and m3ntal invited notching, it spread to the old BkM guys, then sCa. Anubis and you lot used it happly in fb clanners for years, Ive seen you bng saying you won't notch and then notch a shot when the goings got tough. Anubis openly admitting he was using programes too..  I remember flamie telling me how many people cheated in fb and it was horrible. Notching and xspeed. Im not pointing a finger at you, but im sure your aware of it. That era of worms wasnt very forgiving to the regular player..nor to the reputation of your clan.

Arguing that nrbng is a good solution to prevent notching is just shit, because its still taking the style and skill level out of the scheme. People won't have to use lg and do nice shots anymore.

If nrbng is popular enough, give it its own rating, because its so different to normal bng. But to me it just seems the only people that wanna play it are a few bitter people that don't care for doing a nice shots in what once was one of the most sportsmanship schemes on wa.

Offline darKz

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 10:12 PM »
I'm just saying that NRBnG is suited a lot better for leagues than the current BnG because there wouldn't be any arguments, ever.

And I've had that discussion about notching with you countless times, if you think it's cheating that's fine with me but I've got a different opinion.
Look how many things in WA can be "notched" aside from BnG shots. Dynas, Mines, HHGs.. Any kind of drop can be influenced by counting pixels. I.e. ask Dario how to "notch" a mine drop so you know where the worm is gonna fly. Aww aren't we all cheaters. :D
If anything were to blame for notching then it's the engine rather than the people "abusing" it.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 10:34 AM »
I can't believe I haven't seen this topic before, sorry for the late reply.

5 months old lol

I agree with the people that want "nrbng" everyone is entitled to their opinion, hence why myself and the rest of b2b opened a2b in the 1st place to get the BnG competition we want, without what is in our opinion, lazy BnG players, because that's all nrbng is, laziness, especially in overall scheme leagues, you have to spend so much time perfecting ALL the schemes as much as possible, you don't want to spend your time learning how to be really good at BnG learning all the varieties of shots for a higher skilled more interesting game, they only want to learn enough to win as easy and fast as possible, argue all you want but there's no denying this.

And you can see the difference when you play the same person in a funner, they actually TRY all the hard shots because they have nothing to lose, which is MY personal proof.

Anyway we have all argued about this for too long, it's just a vicious circle.

So we should just all agree to disagree.

And for those of you who would like to BnG a bit better than repeat shots, sitters, darksiding, using only 2-3 types of grenade shots, then you are more than welcome at a2b - addicted2bng - http://a2b.clansfx.co.uk

However you can't go to the website and register, it is a public league for anyone who wishes to join, yet you must be sent an invitation to get started, for this you can ask myself, M3ntal or Ramone, we will send you the invitation to your email, click on the link and thats you :)

Remember, you gotta be in it, to win it :)

Thanks, Komo.

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 10:46 AM »
komo I can't understand people having fun playing bng,.
for me the scheme is and always was for "anemics" :P
it's not about lazy or not, people want to HF.
training shots 3s is skill but ok, it's not having fun, bng isn't the scheme we all want to play in the league.
look the scheme picks, maybe of total games singles bng was played like 9%..
that's why no rules bng would made more tactics, BnG in this league is the scheme who all of us plays to kill, not to trying to shot as most pro as it's possible, look the playoffs CF vs doH. and now wonder, if is there a sense playing it in the playoffs? I don't think so
For me I would bet team17 or shoppa instead of bng played in playoffs really.
ofcourse some of you like playing the old bng, but not many enjoy playing it. while u are joining AG u wanna play and experience something. something what's dynamic and make you WANT playing it cus it's cool. that's my opinion

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 12:14 PM »
komo I can't understand people having fun playing bng,.
for me the scheme is and always was for "anemics" :P
it's not about lazy or not, people want to HF.

SO what you are saying is BnG is for weak/uncolourful people?

Funny how some of the best and most respected players on wnet today favour BnG?

Mablak, Dark, KRD, M3ntal, Mablak alone is quite possibly the best allrounder and respected player ever to grace WA, Dark is pretty much top of the game at all schemes also, M3ntal and KRD have contributed so much to the community and leagues as well as being extremely talented players, and that's just a few of the best BnG'rs of WA.

Then you look at the people whom most consider selfish, annoying and too competitive, I won't say names as each has their own opinions.

BnG is without a doubt not just WA in general but every single editions of the Worms francise one of the most common schemes played, It's one of the 3 main schemes in practically every league for every game.

To us, BnG is more than just shooting to win, for me it's the only thing I play the game for anymore, myself being alot higher skilled than average at almost all common schemes because i've played this game for so long it just happened lol.

I'm not good at BnG because I wanted to be, I enjoy it so much I just got good while enjoying it, I enjoy it so much I've influenced alot of BnG'rs of today, I've came up with and named new shots years and years ago which most use nowadays, I enjoyed it so much I explored every option of the game.

People continue to seek my advice on BnG which no one can disagree I have always gave, so I guess when it comes down to it, I am just more passionate about BnG than anyone else on WA, because to me it's not just about winning and being good, through BnG i've met alot of really interesting and nice people, I only play wnet when I see these people online, I don't sit in AG challenging anyone to defend my honour lol.

I am proud of the level I have became at BnG and what I give back to those who want to learn, and no one will EVER take that away from me.

I understand that others won't take BnG as seriously as myself and all the other players that enjoy it the way I do, I am totally fine with that, I just ask that you all understand and respect why we do it the way we do it.

Thanks, Komo.

Offline SPW

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 01:36 PM »
BnG is more than just shooting to win

And thats the problem. Our Playoffgames vs ckc and doH were horrible to play, coz other mentalities hitting eachother. Dark and me want to play a nice bng, with welltimed nadeshots and not cheap attacks like 4sec fulls or repeats, fullshot zooks etc. But its not possible coz that game is really important for both clans, so our oppenents starting to being lame. Dark and me had to change our style too. Its too easy to get bashed by lame shots. Perfect shots just needs more turns tho, esp. when u get pushed all the time by random bounces.

So, I just agree to Crash that bng isnt really able to play it at clanner / playoffs. Not with that rules. "No rules" could make it much better to play and all the discussions ingame will stop immediately. Only one rule about teleporting to close to oppenent worms should be there, not more.

Bng should be fix placed forever in any allround ladder. But maybe we have to make rules easier or we just change to norules-bng. For bng addicted ppl (and i respect them all!) is a different league the best way. So its good to have some guys like komo, krd, ramone etc. and a ladder like a2b. But for tus i dont like bng to play coz of 90% foolish players. Its always like a job to finish that game asap - but some bng during about one hour - not rly a good argument for the current scheme.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:40 PM by SPW »

Offline avirex

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 03:56 PM »

NO! BnG is like a tradition, it used to be like this since I remember. I did learn those god damn rules, others did learn, why does it cause so much trouble right now?

very good point, bng is like tradition.  NO RULES, like dub said! lol...  W:A changed every scheme or every game worms2 invented and played for years, and are too narrow minded to change them back, or at least find a middle ground lol.... its really a slap in the face to worms2 players when ya guyz think w:a is the tradition, or the roots...  thats prolly why worms2 players wont ever be coming back to worms, and come to w:a...   bng is not the same... and they dont want to travel back in time to the era of 15 second roping and 10 second retreat lmfao.. thats how roping was invented, once rope moves and styles were invented (even tho w:a changed the names of alot of moves... im suprised a shadow reamained a shadow)they evolved into 12 second turns 5 retreat.. u guys stay with crazy ass outdated sets and think all is well :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 07:14 PM »
Avi, I hated BnG when I 1st seen it, because what I 1st seen was just boring shots, it wasn't until I played Elderworm (I think that was his name, the guy with the longass hair who thought he was the terminator) I'm sure he was in EiF or summin, that I actually saw some skill in BnG and I was hooked.

You've seen how good I am with the "hard" shots, imagine how easy, but importantly damn right boring it would be for me to just darkside, throw continous 4s full pwoer and 3s nades, heck and if I were to notch them it'd be even worse...

I don't necessarily hate this nrbng because it's an easy win, I hate it because it's boring, and I really don't understand how the people that like nrbng find the way we do it boring yet they like it the easy way which is worse...

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 07:30 PM »
Now there is a2b, you can do whatever you want with the TuS BnG.

As Komo said, NRBnG is quite boring, but it can be ended in like 3minutes, so I guess there is no problem to turn the current BnG scheme to NRBnG (as long as you don't change a2b BnG scheme).
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 07:31 PM »
BnG is more than just shooting to win

And thats the problem. Our Playoffgames vs ckc and doH were horrible to play, coz other mentalities hitting eachother.

Our game was not that bad. I heard the one you had vs doh was much wrose. Although you were upset because they 4sec full powered? Nothing wrong with these shots. Can teleport to avoid them. The bng playoffs CKC had against bor when crash was playing for bor was horrible. He was not even reaiming before his shots. I remember in xtc we had to have a bng playoff game voided because Mil2 decided to ignore the rules on a deciding shot and just locked the last shot on us and didnt reaim. I didnt mind the playoff bng vs you and random00. No one broke the rules. I did have a bank shot that relied on a back bounce back onto random00. My shots were timed well and i was changing between 2-3 possible options to increase the distance and then have it bounce backwards so the timing was according to the pushes i was causing on him. Once I had evened the score and he teleported closer to me and finished me was a prefect 3sec I have no reason to complain. You guys won fair and square. I played within the rules and i was not that cheap. I kinda think you were all overreacting because to be honest... you guys care alot about losing. Which is not a problem. Your the most succesful clan on TuS at the moment.

But there is a problem, the highly competitive league that tus is now a days its hard to keep your style in bng at times. Some players still know how to notch and i think maybe if a clanner involving 60 odd points, or a playoff deciding game for the championship you may see you start to drop some of your style in bng to go for the win.

But komodo makes some good points. Good bngers will still know more shots and have more shot options because they have taken the time to win. So thats where i think its good to have those rules on darksiding well defined because if a good bnger is getting repeated by lame nades and shots of a lazier player he can take a harder hide (unlimited teleports) and use a good bank, This forces more difficult shots to be taken against the worm which is well protected.  

To say bng needs to be removed from classic is just stupid. Any good bnger who is getting lamed, still should be good enough to come back and win. I don't really know what my is point. Talking about nrbng is an ongoing debate, i can see why people want it, i wouldnt play it. I maybe think why bng has lost some of its sportmanship is because of ladder systems. If im gonna lose 72 points for a bng im gonna wanna play harder to keep those points. Its alot to drop. If it wasnt a rating system and 3 points for a win/loss and could don i may play with abit more honour. Competition is the devil's breath in bng. Sadly i don't feel like the honourable bnger i used to be. But sometimes i feel like that because of the way worms has changed, and when someone is cheaping me, being lame or generally not being nice and insulting me loads i'll make it as difficult as i can for them to kill me.

I can be nice tho, and i more than half of my games i never have any problems. Ive got the highest overall bng rank on tus. Search the complaints and i think i only made 1 complaint regarding a game. Its a shame bng is not as popular as roper or ttrr, then i could get more points for wins as others would have an equally high rating!

This is all making me sound like a hypocrite, stubborn and an ass. BnG is is a great scheme, alot of players know how to bng well and you can still get alot of great games. CKC and CF have had some and we still respect eachother even if we've flaked at times, but we still say gj, n and gg when its over. This thread is about changing the rules, and defining that darksiding rule, allowing for closer teleports than half the screen distance will make bngs better. Sometimes players teleport into the middle of the map and it results the other team having barely any hides. MI has asked me to write these rules for tus and he'll update them. Which is cool. I don't think there is an argument anymore. If nrbng was a classic scheme i think it is so different it would be fair to have it seperate like wxw and shopper as they are different schemes. Anyways. early morning post and alot of stuff in there for me to get smited! Peace

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 07:37 PM »
Now there is a2b, you can do whatever you want with the TuS BnG.

As Komo said, NRBnG is quite boring, but it can be ended in like 3minutes, so I guess there is no problem to turn the current BnG scheme to NRBnG (as long as you don't change a2b BnG scheme).

Thats the most stupid thing i have heard. BnG is a classic scheme, i don't care for a2b as much as i care for the most active and popular league currently on wa. If i only cared about elite i would of always played in WEL but i love allround leagues and i still love bng, why should bng change just because there is a now a bng only league?

It should be a classic scheme in an allrounders league and stay as it has stayed for many years.

Komodo is right, it is for lazy players who cant master all shots and its boring. So im not the best roper, maybe i'll ask for an extra 10secs and play roper with 25seconds because im too lazy to learn to rope better. Then i expect the classic league to change to 25seconds because more lazy ropers have enjoyed this, and when a 15sec rope ladder only league is made the main all schemed league will change its roper rules to 25secs?

This is an allrounders ladder league and its great fun. Changing one scheme which is some peoples strongest who still enjoy the competition of allrounders would be like chopping a leg from under me and still asking me to run in the race. Just because others don't find bng as fun or want to learn it or enjoy it as much as a few others does not mean it should be changed?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 07:40 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 07:43 PM »
why should bng change just because there is a now a bng only league?
You didn't get it:
You can't play a real BnG in TuS because there is too much players who play for the win (so they cheap all over again).
I argued a lot to get a better BnG scheme in TuS 'cause there was only this one as league.
But now I can play a real BnG league (a2b), I really don't care about TuS BnG scheme.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 07:51 PM »

Sadly i don't feel like the honourable bnger i used to be. But sometimes i feel like that because of the way worms has changed, and when someone is cheaping me, being lame or generally not being nice and insulting me loads i'll make it as difficult as i can for them to kill me.

Thats the most stupid thing i have heard. BnG is a classic scheme, i don't care for a2b as much as i care for the most active and popular league currently on wa.

You are a very enthusiastic BnG'r mate, it is sad to see you have lost some of the respect you once had for BnG, but still, even when you play at your "cheapest" you still play good, i've never seen you repeat a shot more than twice in a league game, which isn't all that bad, you play a little tighter because you have to, thats fair enough, I personally couldn't, because BnG is all I have passion for which is why we have a2b now.

And although you love BnG, you love all the other schemes too, you can't have it all, I fully understand why you would choose to play TuS over a2b, it'd still be nice to see you throw in a few more a2b's though, even if it is only 3-4 a week.