Forums
May 05, 2024, 10:41 AM

Author Topic: New rules for BnG  (Read 8947 times)

Offline THeDoGG

Re: New rules for BnG
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 12:45 PM »
w2 played bng with no rules now for ever. Not one argument. To me absolutely no rules is the best. 5 sec nades, sitters, and w/e.

Seems good !
I agree with Dub.

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 01:01 PM »
Well... No rules would ruins the game fun too......
No rules is good aswell, for some people.
But there should be very basic rules, what can understand by "zillians" too (As someone said).
Maybe we should set a poll ? I vote for yes to make a poll XD

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 07:02 PM »
Well... No rules would ruins the game fun too......
No rules is good aswell, for some people.
But there should be very basic rules, what can understand by "zillians" too (As someone said).
Maybe we should set a poll ? I vote for yes to make a poll XD

w2's bng community has been playing for well over 10 years and dissagree's that bng with no rules ruins the fun. All those guys do is bng, no other schemes at all.

ae dub. lol
ckc is just agains evrything that u said :D, funny

I am my own man
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 04:49 AM »
nrbng already exists.

But split the ratings cus its a totally different kind of scheme. Throw in unanch too for a laugh. Its like shopper and wxw.. or rr and ttrr.. It has a totally different vibe to it and i wouldnt accept playing a nrbng if it effected my current bng rating.

Plus... just learn how to bng properly and not be cheap?

Or give unlimited teleports and a map with lots of hides and your skill should proveil against cheapness when you can move around map and curl zooks and bank grenades from protected hides that are hard to cheap.

If you define the darksiding rule properly it works too.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 08:16 AM »
Ok, but what if someone plays not completely cheap, but much cheaper then you and beats you? Theres so many levels of what is cheap, what is playing properly that it doesn't work. You throw nades so they blow up on impact, the other guy throws nades so they bounce around your hide then blow. Its not a sitter, its legal. But cheap in many eyes.

What if two players are around the same skill. Who ever plays the cheapest is going to win then.

Its all stupid arguments that can not be avoided and never will be avoided no matter how much you try to define the rules.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 08:36 AM »
That's right Dub-c. I can tell in all of my BnG games, I played cheap in many eyes. This argument seems never end. obscure started this thread to add even more rules to reduce cheapness in BnG. 4sec nade, 2sec nade, zook with no wind, nowadays count as cheap shots. While if you combine every shot with lg, then it will be a nice style.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline SPW

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 10:05 AM »
No rules = no problems.

Easiest way to make it complainless.

I would prefer "skill rules", but its hard to bring it to the whole community. There are always some "cheapers".

I vote for No-Rules-BnG.

Offline darKz

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 02:37 PM »
No rules BnG with infinite Teleports ftw. I loved the games I had with KRD, Chicken and several other good BnG'ers. It's entirely different in terms of hiding-policy but erases all the bitching, really.

For a competitive league it's undoubtedly the best solution.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Rok

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 03:06 PM »
Should we add another scheme to the list then - NRbng, with separate rating. I would sure like to try it.

Just a thought: Someone mentioned unanchored version. Imagine a bad map, not enough hides, easy to walk around, then the player who starts teleports in the middle - that's almost like 40+ hp advantage from the start of the game. So how about shortening the turn time to say 10 seconds?
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Ray

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 03:36 PM »
How about shortening the turn time to 5 seconds and playing with uzi and old women in your inventory? And let's also play on cave maps.

NO! BnG is like a tradition, it used to be like this since I remember. I did learn those god damn rules, others did learn, why does it cause so much trouble right now?

Yes, it is true, I don't play BnG in leagues because of the cheap players around. But again: I don't play it in leagues. If you change BnG rules, that won't attract me to play it not even a bit more. It's people's mind needed to be changed, which I believe is impossible.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 05:05 PM »
Ray for president!

I think the current situation is dealable. Ive had some cheap bng league games (look at bor/ckc bng playoff and crash's attitude) but i still consider myself to have enough skill to proveil if i do get cheaped. Once again, i repeat what i said before.. Unlimited teleports, decent maps and a clearer ruler about darksiding.

You'll notice most players voting for nrbng are not dead hard bngers.. they're players looking for an easier solution to winning a league match. No offensive dark, but thats why you learnt to notch. Thats why you want nrbng.

Darksiding isnt illegal because its actually a style or a tactic, like in defaults or a hide in roper. You move to a hide which is hard to hit and you can still shot from.

What is illegal is moving to a hide where YOU CANT SHOT anyone from. It doesn't matter if its considered hard or impossible to hit you. Its about the shots you have from your hide to continue attacking your oppenent. If you do not have a shot avaliable then your breaking the rules. It should be stated that waiting for wind to be able to attack and not having a grenade shot option is the same, because that turn you can't attack as didnt get your wind is breaking the rule.

I had dead in a bng tourney try to tell me i was darksiding when i was in a pit 2 shots deep because i was hard to hit.. I could zook out, bank grenades out, and even be hit by 3sec, 4sec and lg5sec. People just need to spend abit more time bng'ing and getting to grips with it again. No changes to rules, no new variations. Just have fun.

Offline beer

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 06:09 PM »
i guess evrything is ok, stop with changes in schemes, no sence lol. aftr 10 year?;o
who dont like bng will not enjoy that only if that have no rules.
its should be like that, the good players vs the cheap player/or noob.
and its funny, some complains sometimes..
its impossible to please evryone.

drama queen iz back

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 10:41 PM »
 we should put NRbng and style bng on the schemes list, so if players agree to play it in league they can have a scheme explanation and rules

we will never be able to force NRbng on to every1 nor style bng, just like 7 girders in t17 its an agreement between players

Offline Random00

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 12:07 AM »
we should put NRbng and style bng on the schemes list, so if players agree to play it in league they can have a scheme explanation and rules

we will never be able to force NRbng on to every1 nor style bng, just like 7 girders in t17 its an agreement between players

applaud for this. nothing more to say about it.

Offline pr

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 12:10 AM »
::: one addition :::
NRBNG is too lame,
ZillianBnG sounds pretty reasonable