Forums
May 11, 2024, 11:40 AM

Poll

What new weapon/utility would you add to hysteria scheme? (voting for existing weapon/utility means that you want to limit it down)

(with delay)
 (with delay)
 (with delay)

Author Topic: New weapons in hysteria  (Read 6038 times)

Offline Xrayez

New weapons in hysteria
« on: December 14, 2013, 11:10 AM »
So, basically I have chosen all weapons/utilities that we can use within 1 second and that are not so destructible
Just curious what result will be  :)

If you want to vote for weapon/utility that not in the list, post request here, but please explain how that weapon/utility will affect a game. For instance, don't just ask me to put armageddon because it would be pretty silly idea  :D but I might change my opinion if you suggest something more substantial about it (for example, turning on delay on some weapons; to low down damage)

P.S. You might want to read Rules in Hysteria topic  ;)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:47 AM by Xrayez »

Re: New weapons in hysteria
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 11:28 AM »
drill is the only important thing, allows you to fight with darksiders
and also you can activate drill in jump, which is pretty important on scheme with 1s turn

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 11:37 AM »
suicide bomb & kami, cuz plopping worms is boring

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 11:39 AM »
so many suicide options will raise telecowing level on hysteria ;x

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 11:40 AM »
drill is the only important thing, allows you to fight with darksiders
and also you can activate drill in jump, which is pretty important on scheme with 1s turn

Also, from jetpack (+LG you can fly with drill through almost whole map)  :)
I would increase drill damage up to 30hp (15hp standard)

Btw, I found interesting dyna option, it can be used just like mine, almost same damage (52 vs 50 relatively) but a different use (inda attachment)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 12:09 PM by Xrayez »

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 12:39 PM »
but low powered dyna have exactly the same y-coord mask center as nade, so i dont think there is any sense to add it. good skills with nade allow you to do this so why should we remove something that requires skill, right/

Offline Hussar

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 12:46 PM »
drill + suicide bomber

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 02:04 PM »
= forced ewquest!
= delay for 2 turns will be perfect & max 5 teles
- Delete pls xD
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline HHC

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 04:36 PM »
Theres a reason theres only 1 weap per line btw. It kinda gets messy if you have to scroll through 3 or 4 in a single sec. Even in Aerial it often happens that people throw clusters or fire mortars on accident instead of nade/zook.

Dont think there are good ways to counter lame play with just adding a few weaps. Moles are too powerful then. And drill kinda takes away the firepunch opportunity, which is one of those few moves that people in bad positions attempt to get back in the game. If they cant FP nemore, they will stay in their hide even more often.

Offline Peja

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 04:39 PM »
agreed having 1 weapon for each f key is the basic concept of the scheme, if you want to add some u have to remove another.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 05:12 PM »
I think hysteria is ok as it is right now.

Theres a reason theres only 1 weap per line btw. It kinda gets messy if you have to scroll through 3 or 4 in a single sec. Even in Aerial it often happens that people throw clusters or fire mortars on accident instead of nade/zook.

Pretty much because of this ^.

In LW, hysteria had moles... it was a good weapon to counterplay darksiding; I would add one or two moles, but that would affect the physics of the game (you go mad pressing F key and you'd drop a mine instead of a mole, just like HHC said)

Wouldn't add dyna because you can do those plays with mines and nades.
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 05:19 PM »
Dunno mates, it is about habits we have now too. Imagine if hysteria would be with 2 weaps per slot from the time it was created. And I see what weapon I used last turn, right? So it becomes a matter of removing "bad" habits. But ofcourse there should be balance between our habits and potential of new weapons that can be used, just my imho ;]

Bazooka and Grenade can stay alone within F keys - the most used weapons in hyst

EDIT: I will try to make scheme out of people's opinions about weaps, max 2 weapons per F key
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 05:29 PM by Xrayez »

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 05:32 PM »

Dont think there are good ways to counter lame play with just adding a few weaps. Moles are too powerful then. And drill kinda takes away the firepunch opportunity, which is one of those few moves that people in bad positions attempt to get back in the game. If they cant FP nemore, they will stay in their hide even more often.

Erm.. Jetpack and Gravity are in same key...
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 05:39 PM »

Erm.. Jetpack and Gravity are in same key...

Yeah, and only 2!  :D So we won't have troubles  ;)

It's all just bla-bla, we have to try it (a cup games for example or just testing). We don't have any proves on what we say!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 05:42 PM by Xrayez »

Offline HHC

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2013, 05:44 PM »
True that, but those are never auto-selected. So you cant fire the wrong one.

2 is max IMO and 1 is better  ;)

I would leave mine as single on a row as well. Only stuff like f3 or f4 or f6/f7 can be used twice. Mine strike would be pretty cool/messy haha. Maybe bow on f3.. or handgun. But yeah, dunno if these weaps really add nething to be worth the bother  :-[