Forums
April 27, 2024, 04:51 AM

Author Topic: Remove bazooka 1st rule from Roper. 'Who be against?'  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Remove bazooka 1st rule from Roper. 'Who be against?'
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2016, 11:25 PM »
*bump*

I mean, if you're going to propose a change why not go the whole way?

- Only the worm going first needs to zook first turn.

Now that I think about it, this rule wouldn't be that bad (Anubis suggested that too). Even if the 1st player couldn't attack with bazooka (because of too good bazooka hide) while the 2nd player could attack with a mine/nade, the game would be going to be a draw. Not that unfair, is it?

You will always be able to do some damage as decent roper player, regardless of wind/hide. I am not speaking of 40+ attacks. But 20+ is doable with ANY wind in any hide.

Offline Senator

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2016, 04:28 PM »
I mean, if you're going to propose a change why not go the whole way?

- Only the worm going first needs to zook first turn.

Now that I think about it, this rule wouldn't be that bad (Anubis suggested that too). Even if the 1st player couldn't attack with bazooka (because of too good bazooka hide) while the 2nd player could attack with a mine/nade, the game would be going to be a draw. Not that unfair, is it?

You will always be able to do some damage as decent roper player, regardless of wind/hide. I am not speaking of 40+ attacks. But 20+ is doable with ANY wind in any hide.

Yeh. One drawback remains though: only the first player needs to show bazooka/knocking skills. But let's say the first player should tele to a starting spot drawn at the bottom. Even then bazooka 1st wouldn't make sense because both players would be dependent on crate luck (they have ~12 secs in a 15 sec map when u count the time needed for knocking). Bazooka 1st should apply only to the first player or not at all. The latter option would be like in WxW when barrels and mines ruin the hides around the first worm and the second player is forced to give the first player shorter first run. In Roper it would just happen in every game..

I may host a cup where bazooka 1st applies only to the player who goes first and players have 210 HP at start ;) With these settings the first attacks should be "equally" hard for both players and a game without missed attacks ends in a draw (if no fall damage occurs). The effect of starting order is minimized.

Offline Senator

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2016, 07:33 PM »
I reply here cos the cup site is for arranging the games

This is life, if u are first u get advantage its all about luck

Why would u have a draw who gets an advantage when you can just eliminate the advantage?

What less time are u talking about? Its all about crates, 2nd player may get a crate that will easily give him a time to attack.

I mean, when you start from the bottom of the map, a crate can spawn 1-15 seconds away from u (on a proper map). Knocking takes around 3 seconds so you would need 18 seconds if a crate spawns 15 seconds away from you. When you start from the top, a crate can spawn ~1-12 seconds away from u so u should have enough time to knock.

Maybe but still when u are first u might get a crate that wont give u enough time to knock so u have to be good at shooting zooka from rope and 2nd player usually gets crate that is easy to get and still have enough time to come back and put mine right on ur head if hide is not sneaky...

You could just shoot bazooka through a wall and make +20 damage, which is enough to stay in the lead and force the 2nd player sui for a draw (no matter if the 2nd player uses a mine). Yes, the 2nd player should have enough time to put a mine on the head even if the crate spawns 15 seconds away from him. Without mine/nade possibility he might need to shoot bazooka through a wall or worse (-> the first player gets an advantage). Believe me, I have done the calculations :)