Forums
April 26, 2024, 05:52 AM

Author Topic: Roper: allow 2 worms option in 1v1  (Read 2868 times)

Offline franz

Roper: allow 2 worms option in 1v1
« on: October 13, 2012, 01:52 PM »
I argue we already know of a 'better' Roper right in front of us that's not being fully used.

2 worms per team in 1v1 as an option.

-Since 1999, W:A has been successfully playing 2v2 Roper with 2 worms per team
-I don't think it's a coincidence that fewer people complain about crates in 2v2 Roper
-More strategy: piling most importantly, adding an extra skillful element in deciding games

Sure 'easier maps' and 'just rope faster' and 'dont make mistakes' are suggestions, but they've been said before, and yet we still have these roper discussions every few months.

Unfortunately though, W:A since 1999 has been playing 1v1 Roper with 1 worm per team, so the natural reaction likely is 'this change is radical/unnecessary/stupid/etc', but I argue this isn't that far-fetched considering it's just an extension of what we already play in 2v2 Roper.

How could it be implemented? Well if both players still like 1 worm per team, that could still be allowed. But I think if even 1 player wants to play with 2 worms, it should be possible to enforce it when requested, even if they're not the host or it's not their pick. [Reason being: It's really just an extension of what we already know through 2v2 Roper, so it really shouldn't be seen as radical.]

Any agree? Would you vote this in as a rule?

Offline Hussar

Re: Roper: allow 2 worms option in 1v1
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 01:54 PM »
Yes !

Offline avirex

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 08:34 PM »
i think when its your pick, you should be able to pick what you want as long as the scheme/variation has been accepted...

i dont agree with 'even if its not your pick, as long as 1 person decides'... thats bs... lets be fair to everyone. the one who picked the scheme decides.

if you want a special variation of a scheme, then when you pick it, you host your variation (like i said, as long as it has been accepted)   if people dont know the scheme, they will learn it quickly.... and its very easy to tell people the scheme b4 game.

Offline franz

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 08:57 PM »
i think when its your pick, you should be able to pick what you want as long as the scheme/variation has been accepted...

i dont agree with 'even if its not your pick, as long as 1 person decides'... thats bs... lets be fair to everyone. the one who picked the scheme decides.

if you want a special variation of a scheme, then when you pick it, you host your variation (like i said, as long as it has been accepted)   if people dont know the scheme, they will learn it quickly.... and its very easy to tell people the scheme b4 game.

so if this was an accepted variation, it could still be picked, but they would have to host and choose it them self.

Online Wolfgang

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 09:20 PM »
no
16:26: Husks> tell now xD more demon soul cannot be wolfy MAYBE??? 
16:26: TaG`Wolfgang> DUNNO IF IM WOLFY OR A DEMON 
16:27: Husks> GO DEMON AWAY FROM MY FRIENDMATE WOLFGANG CONCHETUMARE!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 LEAVEEEEEE 
16:27: TaG`Wolfgang> xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 09:24 PM »
i think

ehm

well

i never play roper

but

i'd vote

no.
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 09:27 PM »
Yes !

And yeah, i think the one who picks the scheme should decide which variation is played. In general, i think this adds a lot of tactics to 1vs1 roper. :)

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 10:35 PM »
when tus community will stop trying to make classic schemes more complicated, such tryes never work anyway xD

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 10:56 PM »
Yes !

And yeah, i think the one who picks the scheme should decide which variation is played. In general, i think this adds a lot of tactics to 1vs1 roper. :)

I agree with you.
Moreover, I like avirex idea. The best other use could be bng. By the way, we kinda already do it with T17 and scheme variation+ roof rule or not.

Offline Breeze

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 01:16 AM »
Yeah it's a great idea, it's been discussed on many leagues before this.  It eliminates some of the luck elements and adds actual strategy.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 04:24 AM »
I campaigned for this for cl2k, but i was told to take a hike.  It just makes too much sense.  Avirex is on point here, hes got the right idea.

Offline franz

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 01:03 AM »
first example: a shortened game where hp starts at 75, two worms each.  (it's only 5 minutes, so easy to watch)

thoughts?

Offline SpectreXS

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 11:46 PM »
I guess there would be a lot of pile-ing involved that could break the game, depending on your point of view.

Solution - play both: "Roper" and "2v2 Roper", with lower health per worm I think that would make an interesting metagame (not "better" or "worse" than ordinary roper).

You could start this by hosting some tournaments, or whatever stuff you do here (I'm a newcomer)

Offline Husk

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 01:28 AM »
(I'm a newcomer)

u r definitely not a newcomer, but another alias

Offline cOke

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 01:43 AM »
rope faster
HNN4EVA