Forums
April 27, 2024, 11:19 PM

Author Topic: Schemes explanations, rules ... or submit a new one ;)  (Read 13709 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Schemes explanations, rules ... or submit a new one ;)
« on: November 15, 2008, 09:09 AM »
Hey guys

I want to put an scheme definition. Like how to play it, the rules, its scheme file, an example replay ...

They will be the official TUS schemes (For leagues, tourneys ...). Plus I want to make TUS a place to have all schemes "definitions" like a reference.

Start with the schemes are already in our league.

So schemes are :

Boom Race
Bungee Race
Capture The Flag
Forts
Holy War
Hysteria
Jetpack Race
Parachute Race
Super Sheep Race
Walk For Weapons

If the written names up there won't mind, I want them to do it for that scheme. Other schemes are free to pick.

:)

The full scheme page will be :
1. Scheme explanation
2. Scheme rules
3. Scheme FAQ
4. Scheme replay examples
5. Scheme file

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:15 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Schemes full definition
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 09:17 AM »
The scheme pages of the site is ready.

Feel free to write explanations for an scheme. You can also send request for editing someone else's.
Any Idea?  Post them here. :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline chakkman

Re: Schemes explanations, rules ... or submit a new one ;)
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 11:48 AM »
Quote from: WookA
- No going on the roof. If a player goes on the roof the game either needs to be retarted or void
that made me laugh :)

edit: its in the t17 scheme rules btw

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 11:50 AM »
You can edit it actually, It is just a start. The explanations will get better and better.

Thanks to WookA that took the first step :)

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 03:27 PM »
if a player goes on the roof is it not retarded? :P typo

Offline Ramone

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 02:07 AM »
Hey. Very nice review and defined rules of the BnG scheme WookS and GreeNz.  :)
I agree with all of it, and I'm only not sure about a 'quarter of a map distance between worms'... I'd say:
-if 1vs1 - 1/2 (half) of a map
-if 2vs2 - 1/3 (third part*? lol how do u say this? xD) of a map
-if 3vs3 - 1/4 (quarter) of a map

and there are some FAQ...

Q: Can ich throw 5 second nades without LG but with max bounce perhaps without max bounce?
A: Perhaps? lol, wtf? xD u CAN with max bounce and CAN'T without.

Q: Can I notch all the time?
A: U can't... once upon a time it was considered as a cheap and lame thing... It was not allowed, so I'd keep it that way...  tho I personally don't care, it's not 'big deal' thing anyway...

Q: Can I throw 4 second full powered nades constantly?
A: U can't... and not just 4 sec fp nades, but u shouldn't repeat your shot one after another either with zook or with any nade - if it had hit the opponent. It's kinda 'gentleman's rule'... otherwise it's considered as a very cheap and lame...

Q: Can I teleport 200 pixels near my opponent?
A: U can't... Depends if it's 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3... told my opinion upwards..

hf

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 02:16 AM by Ramone »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 09:01 AM »
A: U can't... once upon a time it was considered as a cheap and lame thing... It was not allowed, so I'd keep it that way...  tho I personally don't care, it's not 'big deal' thing anyway...

lolhehehee

TUS "reinventing WA"
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 01:07 PM »
What is so funny ropa?
No one is "reinventing" anything, these are all old rules that was already accepted among players... if u disagree tell us your opinion?
oh, I forgot u are here only to provoke ppl...
Sad.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 03:38 PM »
What is so funny ropa?
No one is "reinventing" anything, these are all old rules that was already accepted among players... if u disagree tell us your opinion?
oh, I forgot u are here only to provoke ppl...
Sad.

you say notching is ilegal. Care to tell me what league prohibited notching in all of WA's history. Or better yet, can you tell me what are your plans to detect who is notching?

yours sincerly,

Prince Ropa
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 06:00 PM »
lol ropa, do u really care so much about is notching allowed or not, or u just wanna show yourself as a big 'pro' wormer here? I mean, one day u come and spam around, provoke ppl, being sarcastic and cynic, and then next day u are so concerned about notching?  :-X   I really don't mean to offense u, but imo u have some kind of inferiority complex dude...

As I said, once there were debates about this question and ppl have decided that it is lame and cheap thing to do in BnG... I don't wanna start debate here again cause I don't care about notching! 90% players don't even know what notching is, they even notch without knowing they are doing it... so, as far as I'm concerned u can notch as much as u wanna... but IMHO in official rules it should be stated as a lame thing that is not allowed.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 06:03 PM »
I don't know whats your intake on the community but by the looks of it you're not out of wormy school yet. So let me tell you something (here's hoping you learn from what I type instead of trying to confront with irrelevant newbanter):

-Notching has never been succesfuly prohibited
-There debate about its allowance has been going on for ages

Let's move on to our practical lesson. Why would you prohibit notching if you have no measures of proving it happened. Wouldn't this only create trouble and complaints in which ultimately you wouldn't be able to be a just ruler?

im jest saying bruv. high five up the sky by baby n@#!!!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 06:08 PM by ropa »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 08:14 PM »
I KNOW it has never been successfully prohibited and I KNOW that the debate about it has been going on for ages. And after your last reply I KNOW that you have inferiority complex for sure. And it's a bad thing to have, u sound so wicked. No offense, put finger on your forehead and think, what are u doing here? Show off yourself or giving us a friendly advice?

Anyway, I agree with you. Notching should be allowed, other way it could bring up complaints and moaning from ppl like u, ppl that just like to argue and make trouble instead of enjoy playing...

Offline Ramone

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Anyway, what do u think about worm distance rule that I've mentioned.. Wooka, Green? any1?

btw, feel free to write suggestions or complaints or any questions about the Mole Shopper scheme rules, which I have posted today.

cheers.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 08:30 AM »
Quote from: Ramone
Q: Can I notch all the time?

Quote from: Ramona
I KNOW it has never been successfully prohibited and I KNOW that the debate about it has been going on for ages.

(...)

Anyway, I agree with you. Notching should be allowed

Lol poor noob contradicting himself.
 Insulting, Being sarcastic, pissing people off ...
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 09:05 AM »
Ropa, I hardly get mad and I hardly can notice what you are talking about.

Anyway your ticket for insulting people in TUS has expired sweetheart.
Sorry things didn't worked out in TUS for you, Wish the best luck in the world for you :)

**Banned**