Forums
April 30, 2024, 02:34 AM

Author Topic: the I miss topic  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Impossible

the I miss topic
« on: June 23, 2014, 08:38 AM »
nostalgia time.. ill start the list

1. i miss komo, just realized W:A isnt W:A without komo
2. i miss komo's long posts even more, never read the them but still
3. i miss eS... seriously, f@#! eS haha
4. i miss skills2kill and other sm0k clans, they had something special, maybe autohotkeys?
5. i miss riviva. everytime his yacht comes in my mind i laughing
6. i miss RS clan.. banana lg shoppa ne1?
7. i miss trashtalks in TdC forum, never understand whats going on there but that was fun to read
8. i miss CF, it was pleasure to clanning them
9. i miss phanton, that guy played 10k games and leave the game just like that?
10. i miss bOr, what happened with NAiL?
11. i miss 2v2 kaos with alien, thats the very local thing i could ever miss..
12. i miss nlf times, damn logi, where are you fool?
13. i miss pp, give up at starcraft already huh
14. i miss DoH, especially zippo, is he still alive?
15. i miss holywars with ropa, nowadays everyone is ignoring him

you are free to continue my list

Offline KinslayeR

Re: the I miss topic
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 09:03 AM »
I miss Kevin04 und Inza, everyone know w3w kevin right? They are both still in dP btw, but not active at all
I miss beer'bor, whoever it was he had nice nick and skill
I miss old MonkeyIsland, I have big respect to that man, he created dP, now tus, but I think he changed little bit from that times, dont even play anymore, maybe you dont know his real name but I do! I sometimes say "Hi Abulfazl in shoutbox"  but never get answer :((
I miss Csongi,  he is back but since he won 100 dollars in TEL, he only partying and drinking, no time for me and clanners :((
I miss Phanton, yeah interesting he left game just like that.. maybe alliasing??
I miss FTM tourneys, they reactivated but with fail results..
I miss WormOlympics, remember time when I did not even sleep waiting for some night's tourney, and now they are dying just like all worms..
I miss some good polish players like Tomek, Sajmon..
I miss my old keyboard, which is broken and now I play like shit

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 09:08 AM »
I miss the first days of playing W:A, especially hysteria scheme, was so many things to discover and skills to acquire  :P

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 10:42 AM »
The early days of W:A.  If you weren't there then, then you won't understand now.  Something I can't quite put my finger on, when this game as new.  I understand to most of you this sounds elitist, but it is the absolute truth.  Maybe it is because I was younger then, but I had more fun playing this game 1999-2002 than any other game I could hope to play.  I think that is why older wormers wish people would come back, so it would feel like it did then.  We didn't have replays then.  I guess that added to the lore of say, a volrin.  Even though Mablak is, in my humble opinion, the overall best de facto roper, it can be broken down via replays for all to see.  Back then, to see volrin rope, you had to get into a lobby with him.  Every clan had a clan website, which were diverse, from the terrible to the brilliant designs.  There were literally hundreds of worms based websites then, and probably little more than 20 now.  Hysteria didn't exist.  Ninja rope tricks were still being invented, and not some made up combination of already existing tricks ala nlf.  The game was so novel and could be played a million different ways, and people were figuring out new strategies daily (falling down from the upper level to the lower level in a cavern t17, holy shit!).  Worms has ruined gaming for me forever for this reason.  My xbox games bore me pretty quickly, and there is no sense of community on those games, just the people I play with.  I know tus is a successful community, yes, and the best league worms has ever seen by far, but to me it lacks the depth of the many clan sites and fan sites that existed before.  Probably most of this post is my existentialism, captive of my own personal frame of reference, so take it with a grain of salt.  Worms used to have many more people that I liked, and many more people I despised.  When I was last active, it seemed like the worms community had less of what used to get me involved to the degree I was.  Maybe worms just isn't as new to me, or maybe I have just grown up.  I know some of you will understand what I am talking about.  A Crazy, HHC, or a KRD will get this post :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:46 AM by TheWalrus »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 10:45 AM »
The early days of W:A.  If you weren't there then, then you won't understand now.  Something I can't quite put my finger on, when this game as new.  I understand to most of you this sounds elitist, but it is the absolute truth.  Maybe it is because I was younger then, but I had more fun playing this game 1999-2002 than any other game I could hope to play.  I think that is why older wormers wish people would come back, so it would feel like it did then.  We didn't have replays then.  I guess that added to the lore of say, a volrin.  Even though Mablak is, in my humble opinion, the overall best de facto roper, it can be broken down via replays for all to see.  Back then, to see volrin rope, you had to get into a lobby with him.  Every clan had a clan website, which were diverse, from the terrible to the brilliant designs.  There were literally hundreds of worms based websites then, and probably little more than 20 now.  Worms has ruined gaming for me forever for this reason.  My xbox games bore me pretty quickly, and there is no sense of community on those games, just the people I play with.  I know tus is a successful community, yes, and the best league worms has ever seen by far, but to me it lacks the depth of the many clan sites and fan sites that existed before.  Probably most of this post is my existentialism, captive of my own personal frame of reference, so take it with a grain of salt.  Worms used to have many more people that I liked, and many more people I despised.  When I was last active, it seemed like the worms community had less of what used to get me involved to the degree I was.  Maybe worms just isn't as new to me, or maybe I have just grown up.  I know some of you will understand what I am talking about.  A Crazy, HHC, or a KRD will get this post :)

must...not...cry...  :'(

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 10:49 AM »
The early days of W:A.  If you weren't there then, then you won't understand now.  Something I can't quite put my finger on, when this game as new.  I understand to most of you this sounds elitist, but it is the absolute truth.  Maybe it is because I was younger then, but I had more fun playing this game 1999-2002 than any other game I could hope to play.  I think that is why older wormers wish people would come back, so it would feel like it did then.  We didn't have replays then.  I guess that added to the lore of say, a volrin.  Even though Mablak is, in my humble opinion, the overall best de facto roper, it can be broken down via replays for all to see.  Back then, to see volrin rope, you had to get into a lobby with him.  Every clan had a clan website, which were diverse, from the terrible to the brilliant designs.  There were literally hundreds of worms based websites then, and probably little more than 20 now.  Worms has ruined gaming for me forever for this reason.  My xbox games bore me pretty quickly, and there is no sense of community on those games, just the people I play with.  I know tus is a successful community, yes, and the best league worms has ever seen by far, but to me it lacks the depth of the many clan sites and fan sites that existed before.  Probably most of this post is my existentialism, captive of my own personal frame of reference, so take it with a grain of salt.  Worms used to have many more people that I liked, and many more people I despised.  When I was last active, it seemed like the worms community had less of what used to get me involved to the degree I was.  Maybe worms just isn't as new to me, or maybe I have just grown up.  I know some of you will understand what I am talking about.  A Crazy, HHC, or a KRD will get this post :)

must...not...cry...  :'(
total komo post i know. 

Offline HHC

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 11:11 AM »

Offline Ryan

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 12:13 PM »
When competitive RRs were played on non-linear maps.

Offline Csongi

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 12:25 PM »
I miss Csongi,  he is back but since he won 100 dollars in TEL, he only partying and drinking, no time for me and clanners :((

uhahau xd
it's not like I've won 10 K dollars :D

I miss JackDaniels (the player) - one hell of a crazy mofo,he was xD
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 02:12 PM »
I agree !!! PLease add him on the list!! JACk f@#!ing DANIELS!!  where are u mofo

Offline Rogi

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 06:52 PM »
I wanna remove my memory and start all over
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline ANO

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 08:49 PM »
old players means also that we are old guys, and we have no more too much time to spend in playing videogames... I have tried to come back many times, but it's hard, life changes... we can only hope in these children...
I miss my offline playing with VU and other friends, together in a real life room, drinking and playing and have fun xD.... .... And, FUB auahauh

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 09:30 PM »
I miss having more colleagues - insane amount of shifts we have to work lately :o

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 09:42 PM »
I miss my raging and ragequits around 2011 :d i miss BaK , my first clan<3 I miss how hard free tried to teach me at elite xd never learned. i miss also me and kinslayer wxw tus xd "nooob u blocked me, i report this game" haha :d

Offline Anubis

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 10:23 PM »
The early days of W:A.  If you weren't there then, then you won't understand now.  Something I can't quite put my finger on, when this game as new.  I understand to most of you this sounds elitist, but it is the absolute truth.  Maybe it is because I was younger then, but I had more fun playing this game 1999-2002 than any other game I could hope to play.  I think that is why older wormers wish people would come back, so it would feel like it did then.  We didn't have replays then.  I guess that added to the lore of say, a volrin.  Even though Mablak is, in my humble opinion, the overall best de facto roper, it can be broken down via replays for all to see.  Back then, to see volrin rope, you had to get into a lobby with him.  Every clan had a clan website, which were diverse, from the terrible to the brilliant designs.  There were literally hundreds of worms based websites then, and probably little more than 20 now.  Hysteria didn't exist.  Ninja rope tricks were still being invented, and not some made up combination of already existing tricks ala nlf.  The game was so novel and could be played a million different ways, and people were figuring out new strategies daily (falling down from the upper level to the lower level in a cavern t17, holy shit!).  Worms has ruined gaming for me forever for this reason.  My xbox games bore me pretty quickly, and there is no sense of community on those games, just the people I play with.  I know tus is a successful community, yes, and the best league worms has ever seen by far, but to me it lacks the depth of the many clan sites and fan sites that existed before.  Probably most of this post is my existentialism, captive of my own personal frame of reference, so take it with a grain of salt.  Worms used to have many more people that I liked, and many more people I despised.  When I was last active, it seemed like the worms community had less of what used to get me involved to the degree I was.  Maybe worms just isn't as new to me, or maybe I have just grown up.  I know some of you will understand what I am talking about.  A Crazy, HHC, or a KRD will get this post :)

The lack of replays made you motivated to become better, if you suck the top players wouldn't waste time with you so you couldn't see them, it was a spiral of success. You climb the "ladder" of skill to meet more people with even more skill so you learn from them even more. You could "earn" places in hosts when you were good and once you got the recognition of being elite you were proud you archived it. Now you can just watch replays and you have seen it all, basically.

Of course back then when W:A was new it was also one of the first online games for many, it was my 2nd step into online gaming after Diablo. So the sensation of meeting and playing with people online was a special thing.

On that note:

I miss parachute not activating if the FD dealt was 1-3 HP. (turned many lost games around in roper xD)
I miss big Warmer parties
I miss #RH actually having a meaning other than tournaments
I miss crates in elite
I miss the motivation to get better in Worms
I miss cl2k
I miss all my old buddies (too many to count)
etc.