Forums
May 02, 2024, 10:52 PM

Author Topic: LAG PROBLEMS  (Read 7208 times)

LAG PROBLEMS
« on: December 01, 2011, 03:02 AM »
Hello, I am having some bad screen lag issues. It happens offline and online.  I have windows 7 and using Nvidia Geforce GT540M whatever that means.  I use a fantastic gaming laptop but for some reason i get these screen lags that will almost always insure that I will f@#! up on the rope, f@#! up a jump, or f@#! up powering a weapon... they come in waves and then will stop for a while and then come back. I tried setting WA to high priority but that didn't work. Who can help this poor man?
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Desetroyah

Re: LAG PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 07:10 AM »
pff, sucks man.

I had problems (almost permanent screen lags) when I installed PX and its modules for some reason. it was as if every few frames there were some missing, like seeing the film roll in a black and white movie :P  The minute I deleted PX this went away.

Probably not what you are looking for huh?

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 08:12 AM »
I don't use PX so no

Offline Peja

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 08:17 AM »
hm try connect with darkz, he also suffered on screenlags on a gaming laptop.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 08:30 AM »
darkz, please connect with me

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 08:53 AM »
two people have suggested fiddling with the in game tweaks in the options menu but i dont even know what those options mean... who can tell me which options i can use for best performance?

Offline darKz

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 11:26 AM »
Shy, I had the same issue and KRD helped me fix it.

1. Go to Control Panel
2. Go to NVIDIA Control Panel
3. Click the tab that says "Manage 3D Settings"
4. Click "Program Settings"
5. Select WA.exe from the list (if it's not there, click "Add")
6. Scroll down the bottom list until there's "Vertical Sync", set it to "off"

Lags should be fixed, it worked for me with a comparable notebook. The only problem which I still encounter is that my FPS drop to ~10 whenever a skunk's poison is released. But I can live with that. xD
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 11:52 AM »
ok i did that and im going to try it.  Sounds like you know what you're talking about and i put much faith into your words

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 12:05 PM »
it seems to have worked! I do not have skunk lag tho but i played a 6 minute game and everything was extremely smooth. very much thank you from ShyGuy!

Offline Hussar

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 01:13 PM »
i have this problem too, got huge lags on my laptop with win7.

ill try it, hope that it will be well

Offline StepS

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 03:19 PM »
disabling vertical sync can make the irritating texture flickerings when playing on a big map. this doesn't happen everywhere, but it can.
also, VSync can be turned off in PX.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline darKz

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 04:27 PM »
Thanks for the information StepS, but I know perfectly well that ShyGuy wouldn't care about possible flickering on big maps as long as the screenlags are gone. And disabling VSync is the only possibility to get rid of them. The only one I know of, at least.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 07:28 PM »
yep, I don't play on big maps usually.  Thanks again , Darkz.  Eat many cake and have a great day!

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 06:35 PM »
sad to say that I played a few more games and the lags are actually still there :( any other ideas? anything else I can do to the nvidia settings to make it run better?

Offline franz

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 06:43 PM »
maybe install a different driver version? I've heard people having success with different drivers ;/ sucky solution, but just maybe it will work