Forums
May 02, 2024, 08:31 PM

Author Topic: LAG PROBLEMS  (Read 7206 times)

Offline Abnaxus

Re: LAG PROBLEMS
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2011, 03:23 PM »
Now you disabled your antivirus, maybe you got a virus ? <.<

Try to look the active processes when you get those lags.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Have you tried checking if these lags only occur with an active internet connection? Try playing offline without internet.
Also, like Abnaxus suggested. When the lags occur write down the active processes and google for them.
If it's a driver issue try disabling sound completely for once and see if that helps. (in the hardware panel)
Try different resolutions. Start with the lowest and go up.
Try playing with a different keyboard.

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2011, 06:18 PM »
it happens on and offline and with all keyboards.  I minimized whenever i got lags to check my CPU, and i get huge CPU spikes apparently when i get the lags... I checked which processes were using CPU whenever I got lags and i found that some nvidia driver component was using a lot of CPU whenever i got the lag spikes, and then it would go down.. so i tried killing that process and I will let you all know if that fixes anything.
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Anubis

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2011, 07:50 PM »
Have you tried forcing the W:A.exe to run on highest priority for CPU? And if that does not work set the process that is causing these CPU spikes to lowest priority.

On Win7: Task Manager - Processes - right click the process - set prority.
On WinXP: the same.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 07:51 PM by DeathInFire »

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2011, 08:50 PM »
I have tried that.  Also, I still have the lags after killing as many processes I know I can kill... something is still causing a huge spike in CPU usage, but none of the processes seem to be the culprit? :/ have no f@#!ing idea now

Offline Anubis

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2011, 10:51 PM »
Do you use an image like .iso or the original CD? Try both methods to load the game.

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2011, 11:22 PM »
I have tried both, same results, same exact type of lag

Offline Anubis

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2011, 01:21 AM »
Sorry then I have no clue, have you tried reinstalling Windows? :D

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2011, 04:08 AM »
hmm I have reinstalled worms but not windows.  That's a very interesting idea.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2011, 04:36 AM »
ShyGuy I have the exact same problem but it happens so rare, that's why I don't mind. when it happens it happens about 3-5 seconds then it goes away. In the lag time, I hear my hard drive sound and it is exactly like windows is processing something in the background and eating CPU, so that W:A will lack. Mine is XP btw and this lags started exactly after .31 release.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline StepS

« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2011, 05:04 AM »
when it happens it happens about 3-5 seconds then it goes away. In the lag time, I hear my hard drive sound
that's not good. probably the you are encountering the bad clusters. To check and fix them, input chkdsk /R
and put it to be done on reboot.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:11 AM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2011, 05:47 AM »
ShyGuy I have the exact same problem but it happens so rare, that's why I don't mind. when it happens it happens about 3-5 seconds then it goes away. In the lag time, I hear my hard drive sound and it is exactly like windows is processing something in the background and eating CPU, so that W:A will lack. Mine is XP btw and this lags started exactly after .31 release.

so no idea on how to fix it? they aren't so rare for me.. I usually get at least a couple sets of those lags every game... but like I said, sometimes i won't get them for 20 minutes...

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2011, 04:47 PM »
I'm not sure reinstalling Windows would help you, since it might be a problem of setting.

Imo, can't be another thing since W:A is an old game.
Some games used to lag under Seven, cause they had been done for XP.
But many players here have no problems with it, so...
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2011, 04:59 PM »
now I've uninstalled avast virus protection and replaced it with something lighter.  Although disabling avast shields didnt work, i think the program itself was still searching for updates or something... I hope... so I'm going to try this now.. wish me luck