Forums
April 19, 2024, 12:32 PM

Author Topic: [Allround PO system (advantageous for ropers)? + Suggestion  (Read 6779 times)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Would it be interesting to establish that in the PO system the player can only choose 1 rope scheme, unless both agreed to choose more?

When the roping skill gap between 2 players is big, the player who like rope schemes and has good skills with rope has guaranteed wins in roper, rope race, ttrr or wxw.

I will make a comparison. My favorite scheme is intermediate. I have an advantage in this scheme compared to many players who do not like/play this scheme. Now imagine if I could choose intermediate, 80normal and freemediate (if you are very good at intermediate, you will have a good advantage in these schemes). Although I don't play 80normal and freemediate a lot, as they are more similar to intermediate, I would take a good advantage over those who don't like intermediate. The same goes for rope schemes. Someone who is pro with rope will also have a huge advantage in any schemes where rope skill is the most important against people who don't play rope schemes.

In my last PO against VoK, I already knew that I would have two losses in the rope schemes he choose (he likes to pick wxw and roper). It's okay for people to pick rope in the PO and have a guaranteed win against the opponent who doesn't play rope schemes. But being able to choose up to 3 rope schemes in a PO maybe it's not the best choice.

Perhaps the PO could be like this: choose 1 rope scheme; aerial or hysteria; intermediate; BnG; team 17; Elite. The picks in this way would be between schemes that don't have much similarity to each other. In other words, if a person is very good at one, they will not necessarily be good at the other (unlike what happens when a pro roper can choose wxw, roper, ttrr and RR).

I think the idea of alrround PO should be to recognize players who specialize in different schemes. If someone specializes in rope, it's obvious that he's going to win any rope scheme against someone who doesn't have good rope skills. But if someone specializes in intermediate, that doesn't guarantee he'll be good at Team 17 or hysteria, for example.

EDIT (final suggestion):

After reading the comments (disregarding the troll comment) I bring here a suggestion that I think could be more fair and transmit better the spirit of allround:

In allround PO players should play all allround schemes (if it's allround PO why not make it really allround?) with the following peculiarities:

1 BnG match
1 Aerial match
1 Hysteria match
1 Rope match (scheme chosen by the best positioned in the rope league)
1 Elite match
1 Intermediate match
1 Team17 match

Other alternative:

1 BnG
1 Aerial or Hysteria (choosen by the best positioned in default league)
1 Rope scheme (choosen by the best positioned in rope league)
1 Elite or intermediate (choosen by the best positioned in default league)
1 Team17 match

« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 10:35 PM by Albus »

Offline Sbaffo

Re: About the allround PO system (advantageous for ropers)?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 03:12 PM »
Yeah, what about rope players who can't play ground schemes? What a dumb idea

Git gud

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 03:14 PM »
Yeah, what about rope players who can't play ground schemes? What a dumb idea

Git gud

And what about ground players who can't play or don't like rope schemes? What a dumb idea.

Ground schemes can be very different of each other and demand very different skills and tatics. Because I'm good in inter, this means i'm good in BnG or hysteria? What you say has absolutely no logic. If you are pro roper, you will be good or have a enormous advantage in any rope scheme against those who do not specialize in rope. Then, if you are a pro roper, you will have 2 o 3 free wins because only one skill, ie, roping skills. This is to be a allround player for you? This is unfair and doesn't means that you diserve ALLROUND trophy imo. How can't you see that? It's so obivous.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 03:59 PM by Albus »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 03:22 PM »
WHat are you talking about, a wxw player is completely different than a ttrr one omg get good at rope schemes and grind some points you wanker, you're always whining about everything
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 03:24 PM by Sbaffo »

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 03:26 PM »
WHat are you talking about, a wxw player is completely different than a ttrr, omg get good at rope schemes and grind your points you wanker, you're always crying about everything

Whoever is pro with the rope win in any rope scheme against those who do not specialize with the rope. All rope schemes demand only one fundamental skill, which is being good with rope. Ground schemes demand different skills. Being good at intermediate does not guarantee you victory in BnG or T17 or hysteria. If you are good in inter, BnG, hysteria, T17, and 1 rope scheme, then YOU ARE ALLROUND PLAYER. But win a PO because you can pick 3 rope schemes and get a free win in this way, this doesn't mean you diserve a throphy of an allround player. You are just a roper player.

"you're always crying about everything"

This is only a f@#!ing suggestion you dumb. I don't care about this f@#!ing shit. I have a choice of don't play PO anymore so why I would have to cry about anything? You called me dumb but you are the dumb here.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 03:52 PM by Albus »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 03:29 PM »
WHat are you talking about, a wxw player is completely different than a ttrr, omg get good at rope schemes and grind your points you wanker, you're always crying about everything

Whoever is pro with the rope will do well in any rope scheme against those who do not specialize with the rope. All rope schemes demand a fundamental skill, which is being good with rope. Ground schemes demand different skills. Being good at intermediate does not guarantee you victory in BnG or T17 or hysteria.

This is only a f@#!ing suggestion you dumb. I don't care for this f@#!ing shit. I have a choice of don't play PO anymore so I would have to cry about anything? You called me dumb but you are the dumb here.

"Whoever is pro with the rope will do well in any rope" what the f@#! are you talking about hahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha why am i even trying to have a discussion with you

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 03:31 PM »

Whoever is pro with the rope will do well in any rope scheme against those who do not specialize with the rope. All rope schemes demand a fundamental skill, which is being good with rope. Ground schemes demand different skills. Being good at intermediate does not guarantee you victory in BnG or T17 or hysteria.

This is only a f@#!ing suggestion you dumb. I don't care for this f@#!ing shit. I have a choice of don't play PO anymore so I would have to cry about anything? You called me dumb but you are the dumb here.

"Whoever is pro with the rope will do well in any rope" what the f@#! are you talking about hahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha why am i even trying to have a discussion with you

"Whoever is pro with the rope will do well in any rope scheme". Why don't you reply to my entire sentence?
My entire sentence was: "Whoever is pro with the rope will do well in any rope scheme against those who do not specialize with the rope."
Are you here on my topic just to troll?

Are you f@#!ing dumb to don't see this? I'm talking about skills gaps. If you are not good with rope, you will play bad in any rope schemes. If you have good skills in at least ONE rope scheme, this means you will have a enormous advantage in any rope scheme against who don't like rope schemes (THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE 3 FREE WINS IN PO). Sorry, if you don't see logic in that, you are f@#!ing dumb.

If you are f@#!ing noob in inter, and if you play 80normal and freemediate against me, this mean i'll probably have 3 free wins against you, because my skills in intermediate will give me enormous advantages in these other schemes where I can use my intermediate mentality and skills. Same goes for rope schemes. If you are good in only 1 rope scheme (eg, ttrr), you will also be at least much better in WxW and roper and have free wins against who doesn't like rope schemes, BECAUSE ROPE SCHEMES demands one fundametnal skills... being good at rope!! This is different if you compare some ground schemes: i'm good in inter, but i'm noob in hysteria and BnG for example.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 12:02 PM by Albus »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 03:33 PM »
Admit you're butthurting from allround PO, please Mods make a league more suitable for Albus otherwise he will not be able to win ;xxx hauhauahuahuahuah

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 03:37 PM »
Admit you're butthurting from allround PO, please Mods make a league more suitable for Albus otherwise he will not be able to win ;xxx hauhauahuahuahuah

I don't care for this shit man. Think what you want. My favorite scheme here is only team17 and inter. I could not play this shit. I played just to be polite and give some extra activity to the league.

"make a league more suitable for Albus"

Sorry... you are being f@#! dumb again. My proposal included schemes where I'm noob at it (BnG, hysteria, elite), but schemes where if you are good in one, not necessary you will be good in the other one.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 04:06 PM by Albus »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 03:38 PM »

I don't care for this shit man. Think what you want. My favorite scheme here is only team17 and inter. I could not play this shit. I played just to be polite and give some activity.
There you go

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2021, 03:40 PM »

I don't care for this shit man. Think what you want. My favorite scheme here is only team17 and inter. I could not play this shit. I played just to be polite and give some activity.
There you go

When I said something different?

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2021, 03:44 PM »
I think you are here to one of these 2 options:
1) to defend your friends who are pro ropers and "allround" PO winners
2) to troll
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 12:05 PM by Albus »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2021, 04:00 PM »
@Sbaffo, This is a gaming forum and discussion like this are natural. You don't have to call names if you don't agree. You are warned.

@Albus, You don't have to get even with the name calling either. You are also warned.

@topic,
Yes a very good roper have higher chance of winning rope schemes than a very good ground player in ground schemes but not by a big margin. One solution to combat that is by getting a higher seed in playoffs and get the first pick. You can decrease your opponent picks to 2, so you could pick maximum 3 ground schemes.

This is the current structure of the Allround league. I don't see it necessary to change. TUS leagues will be different in the future.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2021, 04:13 PM »
@Sbaffo, This is a gaming forum and discussion like this are natural. You don't have to call names if you don't agree. You are warned.

@Albus, You don't have to get even with the name calling either. You are also warned.

Okay MI, I apologize to you. I just come here to give a suggestion and this guy comes up to me saying it's a dumb idea (which in other words is equivalent to calling me dumb imo) and treating it with disrespect and irony. Next time, before being aggressive, I'll try to remember to talk with you first and ask you to do something about it instead of adopt a agressive posture.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 04:15 PM by Albus »

Offline Senator

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2021, 04:31 PM »
I've suggested a PO system that would require a player to win more than just 1 scheme type (e.g. artillery+rope or strategic+artillery) but some players were against it because they think people should feel competitive in the Classic/Allround league even when they can play only 1 type of schemes. ::)