Forums
April 28, 2024, 07:46 AM

Author Topic: About AHK  (Read 21048 times)

Offline Dub-c

Re: About AHK
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2011, 08:25 PM »
What is a legit purpose for AHK? I don't get it.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Rok

« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2011, 08:26 PM »
@Anubis
AHK itself is not a cheating program. I use it as a keychanger, it's much handier than keychangers who change registry.
And good luck convincing the developers of proprietary software to allow 'coding it in WA'.

I know that Rok, but MuGuard seems to not even allow AHK in any form. It gets blocked even if there is no code within the script running. And noone @ AHK Forum knows a solution to that, only if you can compile AHK to vb6 it seems. But noone has succeeded with it it seems. Umm you can pay the company to get the Anti-Cheat. Of course they won't do it for free. It's up to the big players/coders at W:A now. There is a free version I think?

That's exactly what I'm saying, I wouldn't want my AHK to be blocked. Several people are using in for a legit purpose.

I just quickly skimmed through MuGuard page and it looks like it's a server app, not something you build in another program. I could be wrong though.

I think our best bet is to actively ask them what they could do to help us, explain the situation that we have problems with AHK. And well, about the legit purpose of AHK, if it comes down to AHK for legit purpose or not. I would certainly just say f@#! AHK and get rid of it completely? :p It's not like you get accused of cheating, it will simply just block it in W:A.

We don't have problems with AHK. We have problems with a SCRIPT (that happens to be written in AHK).

Remapping windows key to spacebar?
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Anubis

« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2011, 08:27 PM »

You can use it to remapp your keys on the fly without altering your registry and thus don't need to log out and in your Windows session or reboot. You can open W:A with it that it will only activate the remapping when you open W:A etc. Quite a lot but like I said the benefits don't justify to keep it in W:A imo.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2011, 08:29 PM »

How is that legit? Use the damn spacebar!

Offline Rok

« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2011, 08:31 PM »
Quite a lot but like I said the benefits don't justify to keep it in W:A imo.

Well, I disagree with that. But we can stop de-railing this thread because things like Muguard are unlikely to ever happen in WA.

How is that legit? Use the damn spacebar!

I'm on a laptop and the spacebar is keylocked. Are you trolling me or what?  :o
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Anubis

« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2011, 08:37 PM »
Quite a lot but like I said the benefits don't justify to keep it in W:A imo.

Well, I disagree with that. But we can stop de-railing this thread because things like Muguard are unlikely to ever happen in WA.

If noone asks for possible help from them, of course it won't happen then. They know how to get rid of AHK, we don't, why not ask for support? I am not saying it needs to be a 1:1 copy of whatever MuGuard is (client/server). But they certainly have knowledge that can help us. Not every company out there is selfish. And god knows what they can contribute to this. We shouldn't discuss if it's good or bad, we should simply ask.

Offline Immortal

« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Best anticheat would be a windows driver to intercept buttons before they're passed to key driver (or something like that) ;D. Was Entuser's idea, he said he might do it, donation to PX to get this anticheat any1 ? xD

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2011, 09:06 PM »
I'm on a laptop and the spacebar is keylocked. Are you trolling me or what?  :o

lol @ trolling I'm not quite sure what that is but I'm sure it's nothing good and I hope I'm not doing it.

I just have a strong distaste for anything being used but the spacebar and just couldn't hold my tongue, sorry.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2011, 09:25 PM »
I just have a strong distaste for anything being used but the spacebar

Nothing wrong with that imo, especially considering that roping wastes spacebars for breakfast... if i was to buy a new keyboard i would also remap space to say right shift or something, for the sake of easier use and durability. :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2011, 09:51 PM »
darkz, i think i added alot to this thread...  pointing out how suspicious you are, and the fact that you are more then likely a cheater.. (i could very well be wrong)  but i doubt it

Offline darKz

« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2011, 10:04 PM »
You have done nothing but make a fool of yourself tbh.

And to quote you, I'm not the only one who thinks that way.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2011, 11:56 PM »
not even gonna try getting involved in the debate, but can anyone show me a TUS replay where somebody has cheated and won because of it? There are thousands of replays on the site, is there any proof of cheating ever being used to an advantage in a league game for an unfair win? I think people are making too big a deal about it... there is no problem with "cheaters" on TUS.... so far two people have been banned for cheating... 2 people.... thats not many games and its not yet been proven whether they even "cheated" or not for 100%
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 12:00 AM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Maciej

« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2011, 12:20 AM »
not even gonna try getting involved in the debate, but can anyone show me a TUS replay where somebody has cheated and won because of it?

I'm not in debate too, cos I got inactive last time (I got real life too, lol), but this script gives you unfair advantage, improve your timing, make your scroll and shadow easier (it was said sooo many times).
Anyway, even if these cheats don't win games, there is still rule in TUS league to not use them, everybody who doesn't respect the rules, should get banned imo.

« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2011, 12:43 AM »
Well, I wonder if we'll live to see someone complaining about this tool, but someone whose never been acussed of cheating. So far, we ain't go that person in this thread, we can only wait.

For what it's worth, I also don't think it's a good idea to hail this extremely rudimentary attempt at detecting some illegitimate uses (the infamous sX/SnipeR/whoever-else-used-it script) of some cheating utilities (AHK and similar automation software) as an effective solution to detecting and preventing cheating on WormNet.

There's not only the issue of false positives soiling the reputation of clean players, but, perhaps even more importantly, it runs the risk of making the wider community think of it in a binary way. You know, either you trigger the cheat detector and you're a cheater or you don't and you're fine and can continue making the game easier for yourself in whatever other ways you may have found. I think you'll agree that would be far from a desirable outcome.

Offline wowwow

« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2011, 12:49 AM »
PX developers are making an antihotkeys tool (into a PX scheme) , hope it will work