Forums
May 30, 2024, 10:23 PM

Author Topic: Child clans  (Read 3181 times)

Re: Child clans
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 02:20 PM »
wont work rofl! its hard enough to find one clanner
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline Ray

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 02:30 PM »
The whole point is to create more clans, but people wouldn't like to leave their clans. This way, you don't leave your clan and when you play in clanners, you represent your clan, but with a different squad, if that word suits you better.

Offline avirex

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 02:36 PM »
how in the world is that ever going to happen???

say me and ninjacamel wanna be in a "squad"

and name ourselves mC- (monster cocks)

when we win a clan game, who is it going to benefit, mm, or tdc?

the only thing that has potential to work, is what komo said... 2 totally different clanner leagues, but there is no benefit to competition in one league or another, that only helps the die hard clanner player to have 2 options of finding a clanner....   for instance, if there is no mm online, i have the option do find a clanmate from my "clan B group" to find a clanner vs other "clan B clans"

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 02:37 PM »
Well, the idea doesn't really bring anything new to the table, does it? It's just the same, but now we have an A option and a B option. WOOT!
I'm wondering what the goal of these new ideas is. Seems to me like it's a small feature to keep a very small number of people interested in clanners without making any sort of change to what clanners are (sort of like the WWP syndrome, it only works for a short while, until people notice nothing's really changed except the colourful menus).
If elite doesn't excite you enough anymore for clanners, how about a scheme switch? Komo did it when he switched from ropers to BnG. Mablak did it when he switched to Intermediate. Someone could try to become the next Guardian (shopper).
There's plenty of Free League schemes you could start getting good at: aerial, bungeerace, kaos, sheeprace, quickdraw (is that free league now, actually? It had a nice run for a while in the cups section).

If you can't keep the game interesting for yourself, new features every 2 months isn't going to help. But the new features every now and then will cause new work for MI (and after a small while, activity will wane and MI will have done that work for nothing). Personally, I'm not a fan of that approach :)

TRL is a nice idea taken from cl2k (if I recall correctly) which works because it's a changing feature while it doesn't require extra work. What I'd like to suggest is the option for popular non-classic-league schemes in TRL :) I think aerial would be a nice example here. It seems to be a popular scheme, but Free League never really got all that popular.

Offline Ray

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 03:00 PM »
Jesus crist you people don't understand what I'm saying...

Say we have this option, so darKz, Random, style and me decide to okay: split up. None of us leaves CF, because non of us would ever want to, but there is one more "clan" to play against in the ladders!

As I said, I was brainstorming, so who does the points go to? I don't know yet, come up with ideas instead of badmouthing them.

Two players from two different clans cannot make a child clan. Only players in the same clan can split up!

Offline Peja

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 03:04 PM »
why should any clan do this? once u created child clans it will be even harder to find any clanner cause you are limited with your split clan. the clans who stay together would benefit a lot from other clans splitting.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline HHC

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 03:23 PM »
That would be nice D1  8)

It's really hard to launch a new scheme without 'official' support. Both veterans and newbs tend to stick to the things they know.

A TRL for 'smaller' schemes would be nice, although I don't know how active that will be.
It certainly opens up the possibility to introduce new schemes to the community. We even could make a brand new one for each month. It would be quite fun to explore the possibilities of a scheme and develop strategies and tactics for them. The old schemes kinda lost their dynamics.. the used tactics are all well-known, the only difference between players is usually how well they execute them.

I personally don't like the clanner league anymore either. Partly because strategies are much harder to implement when you're playing with someone who 'doesn't get it' or because the scheme isn't made for it (T17's worm switching). And the scoring system.. it's good, but the gaps in points are so big that it takes away motivation. Not to mention it's usually between 4 clans to decide who wins.
I wouldn't mind seeing the top 8 go to playoffs. It's true that some clans would get in that normally would never get anywhere near due to lack of games or a negative record. But IMO these head to head confrontations between clans that playoffs offer are much more exciting than the current league where it's all about playing as many games as possible and stacking up as many points as possible.

In a lot of other games clan wars are generally weekly events where clans gather at a specific time and play their (scheduled) matches.
And it's done on worms sometimes as well. For example between Russian clans: http://crazyworms.ucoz.ru/
I engaged in such competition on Trackmania in a more structured form. There were divisions of similarly-skilled clans and each of the clans in it would play against an other once, at a pre-scheduled time. It worked remarkable well, even on the lower levels.

Worms is a different game though, where a lot of inexperienced players participate as well. Same for Worms:Reloaded where a similar idea failed cause clans didn't seem capable of getting in touch (which was partly the server's fault tbh). But IMO it can be done.

Not as a replacement for the current clan league, but perhaps MI can code the cups in a way that not only individual players can sign up but entire teams. (Team captain signs up and lists 2 (or 3) other players who are also part of the team). And then business proceeds as usual. With one exception: games are played at set times.

Clan league would then stay as it is now (and leave it as it is or until we find a good solution), while the team-cups would allow 'clan'-games to take place in a setting where the scheme is pre-set (no more picks and points raping) and people would be free to choose which team they like to be part of.
Superactive clans could enter 2, or even 3 teams. Inactive clans could 'hire' players to fill up their roster, etcetera. Could be nice  :)

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 03:31 PM »
If I understood good HHC, you're saying: Tourneys FTW ! (If yes, I totally agree with it.)

PS: Ray, it's not us misunderstanding you, but you misunderstanding us tho.
'Cause as you said no inner competition, means you A squad can't fight B squad.
So A & B squad must fight against other clans than CF, so it's the same than having 1 squad under CF (which can't fight himself).
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 03:32 PM »
Not as a replacement for the current clan league, but perhaps MI can code the cups in a way that not only individual players can sign up but entire teams. (Team captain signs up and lists 2 (or 3) other players who are also part of the team). And then business proceeds as usual. With one exception: games are played at set times.

Clan league would then stay as it is now (and leave it as it is or until we find a good solution), while the team-cups would allow 'clan'-games to take place in a setting where the scheme is pre-set (no more picks and points raping) and people would be free to choose which team they like to be part of.
Superactive clans could enter 2, or even 3 teams. Inactive clans could 'hire' players to fill up their roster, etcetera. Could be nice  :)

team captains in cups best idea in this thread IMO

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 03:35 PM »
What I'd like to suggest is the option for popular non-classic-league schemes in TRL :) I think aerial would be a nice example here. It seems to be a popular scheme, but Free League never really got all that popular.
cmoon I talking about this 2nd year ХD add kaos on trl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
look stats from 10th free league season of kaos, its almost worked as new kind of league where people on ag asked for tus kaos. AND NOW ill notice, that kaos plays bo3 minimum on all games and one round take 8mins-1h
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/free-stats/Kaos-stats/?s=10
and now for eхample Aerial overall stats of all seasons
 https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/free-stats/Aerial-stats/
GOGOGOGO kaos leagueeeee!

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 06:54 PM »
A TRL for 'smaller' schemes would be nice, although I don't know how active that will be.

Not sure what you read in my suggestion, but I didn't mean starting up a separate TRL for non-classic schemes :) I meant using the current TRL as we have it, but have more scheme options to vote on.

As for team captains in a cup - well, we all know how tough it is to arrange games for just 1v1, having more of these could make it even harder. But if there's enough support, I could start up a cup with this principle. It wouldn't count towards the standings for the players in the team, but rather for the captain, but it's just an experiment anyway :)
If it wouldn't be too active, I don't see why MI should be bothered to add the option. If it would be active, we could talk further :)

Jesus crist you people don't understand what I'm saying...

Say we have this option, so darKz, Random, style and me decide to okay: split up. None of us leaves CF, because non of us would ever want to, but there is one more "clan" to play against in the ladders!

As I said, I was brainstorming, so who does the points go to? I don't know yet, come up with ideas instead of badmouthing them.

Two players from two different clans cannot make a child clan. Only players in the same clan can split up!

Then your idea really doesn't differ all that much from the one Komo suggested - basically, you'll have 2 different ratings for the same clan - an A team and a B team. You can't play each other, I guess, but then, it would be harder to find players from specific squads and if there's one player from squad A and one from squad B, you can't play a clanner in your system, even though they're from the same clan, so you'd still have to play clanner in the already existing system.

Too much hassle for no change at all, methinks.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 07:02 PM »
So ckc would split itself into to clan. CKC1 and CKC2 and play clanners?
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Tomi

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 08:22 PM »
I know, I don't play clanners, but just wondering.. What's the point of this?
Pranksteeeeeeeeeeeeer  ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 08:33 PM »
i think thats perfect time.
gtfo all I go play sacred ХD

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 08:40 PM »
1. leave your favourite clan
2. join bak
3. lose clanners
4. ? ? ? ?
5. PROFIT!!!

Youtube XDD
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓