Forums
May 19, 2024, 11:54 PM

Author Topic: Child clans  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Prankster

Re: Child clans
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 10:11 PM »
I know, I don't play clanners, but just wondering.. What's the point of this?
Pranksteeeeeeeeeeeeer  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tomiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii xD

Come back to nW and I'll play clanners again :P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:13 PM by Prankster »

Offline lalo

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 10:17 PM »
1. leave your favourite clan
2. join bak
3. lose clanners
4. ? ? ? ?
5. PROFIT!!!

Youtube XDD

Thank you for making us notice your sad existence.

I don't think people don't get your idea Ray, however, you may be missing one point or some more. If you want this league to become more and more active, it's necessary to get fresh blood, players starving for points and willing to learn more than hysteria.
We can split in thousands of mini-clans and the amount of clanners played will not vary greatly, people get bored pretty quickly you know.
Nevertheless, I've never seen a worms league this active.

Offline Ray

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 10:28 PM »
Yea well it was an idea, I don't really like the monopoly on the top of the clanner ladders, more clans playing could mean more fun, but perhaps you are right.

Offline avirex

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 10:54 PM »
ray, are you confused? what dont you get??

taking 100 players, and putting them into 20 clans of 5 members.... you are going to be more limited in finding clanners then if you made 10 clans of 10 members, do you agree, or not???

like i said, your intentions are good.. but your idea is bad... and has no logic.

if we had more clans made up of totally different people, that would be great... but that may not happen, atleast not any time soon...

but, heres an idea, i just thought of it.... i dont think anyone has ever mentioned this, in my head, its feeling like a golden idea... but maybe im wrong.. here goes...

100 people sign up to take part in this...

monkeyisland then decides in his opinion who are the top 10 all arounders, and in order...

now number10 is the group leader, he will get first pick of the 90 players left...

number9 group leader gets second pick of the 89 left...

number 8 group leader gets 3rd pick, and so on....

until the very last player is picked, and there are your teams......

the skill is distributed pretty evenly, and the clanners begin.

i think this would be a very interesting thing to try...  any thoughts?

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 10:58 PM »
what about that one game kiros invented where everyone was put on teams... it was on first blood. it was a nice chance to mix people from different clans into teams for a special event. does anyone remember that? It had to do with like kings or something, 4 big groups fought.. like certain members would challenge certain members from other kingdoms.. bring that shit back!
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 11:15 PM »
ray, are you confused? what dont you get??

taking 100 players, and putting them into 20 clans of 5 members.... you are going to be more limited in finding clanners then if you made 10 clans of 10 members, do you agree, or not???

like i said, your intentions are good.. but your idea is bad... and has no logic.

if we had more clans made up of totally different people, that would be great... but that may not happen, atleast not any time soon...

but, heres an idea, i just thought of it.... i dont think anyone has ever mentioned this, in my head, its feeling like a golden idea... but maybe im wrong.. here goes...

100 people sign up to take part in this...

monkeyisland then decides in his opinion who are the top 10 all arounders, and in order...

now number10 is the group leader, he will get first pick of the 90 players left...

number9 group leader gets second pick of the 89 left...

number 8 group leader gets 3rd pick, and so on....

until the very last player is picked, and there are your teams......

the skill is distributed pretty evenly, and the clanners begin.

i think this would be a very interesting thing to try...  any thoughts?
i like it avi, but it would take f@#!ing forever.  although, maybe the captains would have more patience than me.  the only way i do something like that is for fantasy football, and thats because beaucoup $$$ are on the line.

Offline avirex

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 11:38 PM »
Hmmm... It could take some time, but maybe not..

Either way i think the idea would be alot of fun... Curious to see what others think

Offline Camper

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2012, 01:19 AM »
what about that one game kiros invented where everyone was put on teams... it was on first blood. it was a nice chance to mix people from different clans into teams for a special event. does anyone remember that? It had to do with like kings or something, 4 big groups fought.. like certain members would challenge certain members from other kingdoms.. bring that shit back!

Yeah, making some 'events' instead a league indeed, could be really interesting.  Like once a month someone make a cup/tourney between those squads.

Offline HHC

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 07:22 AM »
We've tried it several times in the past, never worked.

Clan mates right now 'know' how to find each other. With a 'draft' league you need to print the list, and browse through the names list on snooper to see if one of your teammates is online.

Same goes for my idea I'm afraid. I don't know if you should give it a try D1.

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2012, 08:16 AM »
Well, just put all free league scheme in the classic one (maybe with different point weight). Easy and it will work.
Why ?
1) It will force "best" clan to learn bunch of new thing => they will play more clanner to learn it => more activity.
2) It will end the best 6 clan always goes on playoff syndroma => more challenge => more activity
3) New player who almost never play classic will play => new clan ? => more activity
4) Some scheme involve lot of luck =>  new clan will pick it => if it is luck based you have 50/50 chance of winning at the end it won't change anything => more activity

Bring back the fun playing league game for some people (komo by example?) ?

I could give more reason to do that but only the first one is enough imo.
I was always for this and I can't see anything bad in it. It will also help the creation of new scheme (which can be later added if for example it get famous in trl) and even if it requires lot of work from mod (some rules will have to be created for some scheme i guess) it is the best solution imo.

I would love to play some battle race as I used to play in wl and I am sure someone like cueshark would like to get sheeprace more famous...

What you guys think ?

PS:  :-* husk
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:19 AM by zippeurfou »

Offline ANO

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 09:02 AM »
Ray has proposed a nice question to us.. with this..

I think the way of Avi could work, and maybe Camper has right too, doing a cup or tourney with this...

Or not a "cup" but something different, like a different league, as someone has already suggested...

Maybe a League B with a maximum of games played, this to don't concentrate too much there the attention and so f@#! up the League A.
With a different system of point and a maximum of 50 games for season, and no more than 50! Something like that...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012, 05:45 AM »
I was thinking, have a seperate Clanner league altogether, every season the players get shuffled and a player from each clan is randomly selected as the clan captain, and when it comes to Playoffs, the captain can pick the players/schemes he thinks their clan should pick in the PO.

I think there should be some strict rules for behavior, something along the lines of, treating your opponents/clan members with respect, bullying/insulting other members will result in a 4 day suspension, and on a repeat offence the punishment is more severe. Also anyone caught cheating should be banned for the remainder of that season, and the following season, if caught again, banned permanently.

Just off the top of my head, maybe it's a good idea? Obviously you could tweak a few things, just a general breakdown.

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 06:53 PM »
I'm wondering: why is it MI's responsibility to keep the league interesting for a couple of people that don't have their old enthousiasm for the league anymore?
If people want to play with someone else, they could play 2v2 for single league or change clans.

@ ShyGuy: yeah, that thing had a nice start, but at some point, people stopped challenging other players. And that was just the one event. Perhaps another event with slight alterations to making the teams and challenging opponents could work, though :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 10:34 PM »
docone... wtf??? MonkeyIsland always says to discuss things, and come up with plans, ideas, and details.... and he would be more then happy to put it into effect if it seemed popular....

no1 said its mandatory... we are just discussing :( 

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 10:36 PM »
@ ShyGuy: yeah, that thing had a nice start, but at some point, people stopped challenging other players. And that was just the one event. Perhaps another event with slight alterations to making the teams and challenging opponents could work, though :)

it's worth a shot!
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi