Forums
May 07, 2024, 01:16 AM

Author Topic: ELITE RANK  (Read 2683 times)

ELITE RANK
« on: February 05, 2012, 08:39 PM »
As we can see it's cool to have elite rank in tus, but most got points 6000/6900 as we can see from the photo I uploaded.

ELITE RANK SHOULD START FROM ....? do u think 5800 is so enought?

or let it just be for example:

6500 pts??

or maybe
7000  ?

gimme your sugestions, any ideas,

5800 - it's the minimum for now, do u think it's enough?
Look at Random00, he got over 10000+
I think it's a good time to make a change, not cus random has 10000 but it will be better for everyone, players gonna rival to be in the elite

I hope you guys take serious this topic ;)

waitin for your opinions!

plus for example:

It could be cool if there were tournaments every seasons -other  scheme
 just for the ELITE.

^^
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:53 PM by Crash »

Offline Almog

Re: ELITE RANK
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 08:56 PM »
+1

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 09:20 PM »
Well, to be honest, I don't really care for that rank. :-X It's just an image next to the names that a website designer put there, it doesn't have any meaning or significance for me, it could be removed altogether even, because your position is what matters, I think.

plus for example:

just for the ELITE.
You never know how many players are above a certain amount of points overall, so that could work for the top 8/16 in my opinion, like an mega-Playoffs, every 6 months or something.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Well, to be honest, I don't really care for that rank. :-X It's just an image next to the names that a website designer put there, it doesn't have any meaning or significance for me, it could be removed altogether even, because your position is what matters, I think.

plus for example:

just for the ELITE.
You never know how many players are above a certain amount of points overall, so that could work for the top 8/16 in my opinion, like an mega-Playoffs, every 6 months or something.

it's ok,ty for your opinion Ray ;]
yeh or even every 3 month could be cool too ;D

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 09:40 PM »
The problem in my opinion with a tournament like that is, that the players are going to be more or less the same, which might make it boring. If you start this now, Random00 is going to be there in every one of them, there is no way he wouldn't be because of his performance in the past.

The real race would go for the lower ranks, but that still doesn't involve more than 4-5 people I think. And one more thing, Random00 could comfortably sit back and enjoy life in Malibu, while you guys work your asses off to get an invitation to this tournament, you play 500 games in 3 months, he could play 0 games, and still he is there. So this idea like that is a bit inflicted.

Not saying it's a bad idea, I'm saying it's a bad idea like that, otherwise, would be good to do something that motivates people to get better, not just to play games.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 09:45 PM »
or maybe add some special rank for players who get for example let's say... 8000? Which never disappears even after getting lower, (points can getting lower, but rank stays, some special 'tus rank' maybe? Dunno, just got this idea after read this). PPl would get a new purpose and they would still continue playing wihtout care about lose it after few bad games.

Tourneys is bad idea in my opinion, because taking part in them would still same persons... anyway, most of them are kinda inactive nowadays.

and I don't know why on the list are still zippo and smok while they got this hight rank thanks to cheat (I don't say they are not skilled, but cheats had helped them in 'few' games for sure). What about adding a punishment, for ppl caught on cheats, reset their rank? It could be kind of dishonour for them. (but there would be misusers too then, because deleting highter rank than 1000 is not allowed, argh)

What do others think about these ideas?

Offline barman

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 09:59 PM »
I agree that a high overall rank should be much harder to achieve than the scheme rank. How about making it this way:

In order to achieve a specific overall rank, a player needs to have an average of points in every scheme worthy of this rank.

This way, only Random00 would have an Elite rank at this moment (his scheme average is 2225); the second player (ArtiC) has an average of 1909 and would deserve a General rank (2 stars + bronze).
Surely it is a lot more strict, but I think it would motivate people to keep climbing up in the standings.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:01 PM by barman »
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 10:46 PM »
I just love barman's idea! Turning the ranks into this all-around statistic or whatever... but wait, wouldn't the order be exactly the same? :D The overall rank is calculated by adding the scored points together, taking the average would just be the same rank but divided by 8, so the limits you'd say for the average points should be multiplied by 8 and set as overall rank and it's the exact same thing, you'd just bring the ranks a little higher by that.

What would actually work is a formula that checks for the difference between your highest ranked scheme and the lowest and weighting your average in a way it brings it down if your gap is too big.

My maths suck to work out something like that.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 04:59 PM »
It would be just easier to make the minimum for the elite rank higher, 5800 it's too easy - no offence of course.

:-)

that's why the topic exists, to make a lil change with this ;D

Offline sm0k

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 08:53 PM »
i never care aboout that rank, just checking points.. so i dont mind what u guys decide ;p

Offline franz

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 11:31 PM »
or give random his own special rank. motivation enough? :)  in the end, it's just a visual. none of the numbers change.

I don't know.  Since I don't have elite rank yet, it still feels tough to get, at least to me ^^

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 07:36 AM »
All players in the top 20 are guilty of noob bashing anyway, even if only slightly, if you look at ALL their games, every single player has more games played against worse players than games against better players, if you take offense to this then try and prove me wrong, are you willing to check everything like I did?

I agree with Ray, the rank doesn't matter, and imo even points don't matter, just the position and win ratio, because if this League was done professionally and scheduled, I think no one would be even close to 8000, I don't think anyone would get over 7000.

I like Maciej's idea though, that's a good way to get people interested, kinda reminds me of the blue/red flaming bars a while back, I put alot of effort into getting mine, and I did :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 11:20 AM »
Newb bashing is an issue komo, but damn, thats like saying more games are being played against brazilians then americans..

It's out numbered 5 to 1, so whats your point?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 11:52 AM »
Well half the reason why there is noob bashing is because there are more less skilled players, was jus saying lol.

Offline barman

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 12:14 PM »
I just love barman's idea! Turning the ranks into this all-around statistic or whatever... but wait, wouldn't the order be exactly the same? :D
Yes, that's what I meant. With my system the elite rank would require a rating of 10600 instead of 5800.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best