Forums
May 07, 2024, 01:55 AM

Author Topic: Experimental season result - bng  (Read 15285 times)

Offline Chicken23

Re: Experimental season result - bng
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 05:16 PM »
i've not played a single bng according to tus rules this season and every opponent has accepted 'classic' rules. Really think its time to revert to the normal bng rules for next season....

ropa brings up the topic of scheme changes happening by players and members of the community that don't even play those schemes.

it would be like me changing ttrr back to 30sec rr scheme in rules because it gives me a chance to maybe draw or win some games..? learn to bng, learn to notch if you want, learn to defeat notchers in a manor that requires tactics and 'darksiding' hides where you can be protected from notched shots and still bank grenades out of this hide... bng isn't broken. Just look at the games me and AreGoetia played. Barman, Komodo and random00 all deserve their rank in bng because they took the time to master the scheme.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:04 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline SPW

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 09:23 PM »
Word.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 10:54 PM »
Now if you include best players that are actually active you have a point.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 11:00 PM »
Now if you include best players that are actually active you have a point.

There are none.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 08:11 PM »
so we going back to normal rules?

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 08:15 PM »
no. old riles suck, new rul;es are so much better.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2014, 10:47 PM »
So far darkone is the only person to counter argue these changes. Everyone else is just a 'non-bnger' who prefers the scheme yet hasn't given a reason why they prefer the experimental changes.. with the expection its going on the pretense that it makes notching harder because bng was 'broken'. This contains its own hyprocrisy as tus said people should learn notching and create more awareness around it.

Some players took the time to learn to notch and dt even made notching transparent within its own network by sharing a map with the notched ranges on. I even hated it at one stage but can admit i have learnt to notch some shots. However i haven't mastered it like barman, mablak, random00, komodo etc and still do shots with feeling and other shots i notch. Those players above took the time to learn it and deserve that advantage, just like anyone who practices rr or elite and becomes a better player.
Yet the current scheme changes encourages you to learn less about bng when we should be encouraging people to learn more varied shots (as Darkone has said 'don't do those shots now that the aimming makes it harder...'), classic bng scheme and rules has plenty of options for beating notchers if you don't notch, there are a lot of options for bouncing lg 5sec nades full distance of the map and getting them to explode on impact when you have a 'darksided' hide, this is just one legal example as you can teleport between a 4sec full power notch shot. It also requires a level of skill to consistently notch a shot succesfully each turn which few are good at.

So anyone want to add to my argument that its just turning it into a 3sec nade festival where your encouraged to not learn more varied shots?

ps. I still think me and Anubis created the best bng scheme rules in AL league. we didn't even have a half screen distance rule and said mininum distance should be the width of approx 2 griders.

Dead, Almog, Astgorshti(cfc guy) would be good more active people to ask.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:54 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline Hussar

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, 11:05 PM »
I think that old and new rules aint perfect but each got some plus and minus.
The problem  is that we never find a scheme which would fit to everyone, but ofcourse
we can try to find out the best possible league rules to make a bng better... cleaner... etc.

Personally i dont like old girder rules, i like new one - one girder which u can set like u want - or just remove it (set to 0)
I hate sitters and not clear penattly rules - have to think about it. Would be hard to remove it.
I would like o to add 150 hp to the bng.

Anyway... i ll create a cup with an experimental rules Soon.

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 11:21 PM »
(as Darkone has said 'don't do those shots now that the aimming makes it harder...')

That's not at all what DarkOne said. DarkOne said you shouldn't limit yourself to just the fp shots, as was seemingly the case when you said you can no longer play BnG now that you can't do fp shots.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 11:38 PM »
ok i can understand how you came to that opinion.

but my point is that there are ways to beat people who rely on fp shots than just dramatically creating a scheme change. And by making fp shots harder your encouraging new players to mabye do lamer 'bouncy' shots, which are prefectly legal if they don't become sitters, and your not just making it more difficult to do a fp 4sec shot that can be notched, but changing the degree of difficulty to do various low wind zooks with and without lg... while they whole time your potentially being repeated by a 3sec nade roller?

Now for the rant... and probably ropa and SPW will agree with me here..

I guess more to the point is that changing the scheme isn't the answer yet its really frustrating when these changes are put in place without little consideration to the history of a scheme or with any discussion with input from players who know that scheme well, but not only that a generation of hysteria breed wormers accept whatever tus scheme is put infront of them as gospel as don't know any different.. its like lets change a scheme, play it for 45 days and because no one who knew old bng rules was active that month its now the default tus scheme cus less than 100 shopper, wxw hysteria guys played it and liked it as they don't know bng that well. Then you come back from being inactive to see one of your favourite schemes has been ruined....

KRD has been the only person to give any constructive feedback on schemes as trying to define the standard schemes that people agree to, so t17 can release them in an update so wormers learn 'correct' schemes by default.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:50 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2015, 11:41 PM »
*BUMP*

Here is a list of all the bngs i've played since returning to activity to discover the tus classic bng rules changed with little thought to bngers. I also have agreement from none bng'ers like Lukz that the bng rules suck but he just plays tus bng rules because favours his ability when his worse scheme and dislikes repeating of 4secs. The main person to not accept old tus bng scheme has been Chelsea :x

In the list of all my tus bng picks over the past 2 seasons every opponent has agreed to old school bng rules with no /ts and grider can't be used as protection [With the expection of p3 refusing a pick once so we didn't play] Please Darkone and MI revert back to the old bng rules and watch each game to see that the classic rules are not broken and all these games end in legitment ways with no rules being broken. There may be some cheap shots but must games are played sportingly and not a single one of resolved in a complaint.

184841 vs sbaffo
184779 vs messi
184778 vs messi
184594 vs messi
184575 vs dibz
184197 vs Spoon_Head
183673 vs dibz
183268 vs Spoon_Head
183035 vs dibz
182966 vs dibz
182959 vs Senator
182155 vs Almog
180938 vs Almog
180753 vs ArsGoetia
180752 vs ArsGoetia
180735 vs dibz
180240 vs Lukz [Wouldn't agree to old bng rules after his lost this game in future picks]
179762 vs Peja
176278 vs Lukz [Was played in september and had no problem playing old bng rules]

CKC's bng

184531 vs cfc [I wasn't even involved and using classic bng rules :)]
182444 vs tdc
182436 vs p3
180708 vs p3
175709 vs l3x

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:42 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 11:52 PM »
heres a great example of why the scheme shouldn't have sg as encourages lame evil hides that lukz used.

184769 almog vs lukz.

Offline Lukz

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2015, 02:03 AM »
xD

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2015, 09:43 AM »
I didn't want to. But after seeing Tom's effort what the f@#! is wrong with you D1?

Holding position because ego? I didn't expect this from you dude. Please wake up.

You made a mistake, and Chicken has been very kind highlighting the flaw. Please don't feel bad about changing your mind.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline ANO

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2015, 09:57 AM »
I fully support and agree with Chicken!

Remove this senseless TS