Forums
May 03, 2024, 06:58 AM

Author Topic: Experimental season result - bng  (Read 15161 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Experimental season result - bng
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2015, 07:50 AM »
I think it is a good idea to check played games and decided what scheme was picked the most.

Chicken23 has already done a huge part of this, and if you have actually read this entire thread carefully you will notice some of the games I copied chatlogs from, there are other games I didn't take chat from but maybe I should? I honestly thought we had enough to confirm the deletion of /ts at least...

But I don't think I can make it for the next season.

Why not? Surely it's a simple change?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2015, 10:50 AM »
I bet lots of tears have been sent through backchannels since the only people against have posted nothing resembling an actual argument.

And yet MI seems to have his hands tied.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2015, 10:56 PM »
i know there are a lot of people that like /ts when someone is known to notch.

i dont think chicken notches, and who knows wtf komo does tbh... but, for ppl like imp who loves to notches 4 sec. full power, im sure everyone wants to call /ts on him...

thats the point of /ts, and when it came out, a lot of people were all for it... 

but now the mandatory /ts has just turned into the preferred scheme when its convenient to people, which is why MI turning down my "the person who picks the scheme, should pick the variation" idea based on people picking variations based on which one will give them advantage is ironic.

honestly, i dont see the big deal in losing the ability to perform 1 shot, and lets face it, that one shot you guys are losing is a notch. and the most simple notch there is... you know the exact power for each wind, and the distance the zook will travel when your aim is pointed straight up... thats notching my friends

which is exactly why /ts was introduced.

anyway, chicken has the best idea, see how many bng's are played with /ts, and see how many bng's are played without... but komo, finding chat logs of ppl saying "wwehhhh i hate /ts" is absolutely pointless, unless your going to post all chat logs of ppl saying "wehhh i hate bng unless its with /ts"
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 10:58 PM by avirex »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2015, 08:09 AM »
honestly, i dont see the big deal in losing the ability to perform 1 shot, and lets face it, that one shot you guys are losing is a notch. and the most simple notch there is... you know the exact power for each wind, and the distance the zook will travel when your aim is pointed straight up... thats notching my friends

which is exactly why /ts was introduced.

Full power isn't just 1 shot it's many shots, including shots that can't really be notched, such as banks and double banks with extra bounce (those are shots I use often), there are others too.

I don't know what other people classify notching as and I really don't care, but knowing the exact distance where zook goes aimed straight up is NOT notching, this is something any noob can figure out if they spend even 1 game aiming straight up with low wind zook, firing it full power, and watching where it goes, that is not notching, that's curiosity...

i dont think chicken notches, and who knows wtf komo does tbh... but, for ppl like imp who loves to notches 4 sec. full power, im sure everyone wants to call /ts on him...

I don't think Chicken notches either, but he looks like more of a notcher than any current BnG player because of the way he slowly taps out his aims, but my guess is he doesn't notch because he misses half his shots, and I mean aim, not power.

Who cares about 4s full power grenade? It's a nice shot when used at the right time, but if it's the only shot someone uses, yeah, that's lame, but, VERY EASY to beat someone who plays like this if you are a good player.

And as for me, I aim with memory I guess, like, I know what the cursor/worm looks like with whatever shot I wanna do, and if I miss I just adjust it... Which is why I tend to aim in short bursts of movement.

And why was /ts only used in BnG and no other schemes like Elite/Hysteria/Aerial etc, people can still "notch" crucial shots in those games.

/ts isn't about who notches and who doesn't, it limits the variation of shots you can do, makes games more boring, gives extra fall damage which is stupid, and not being able to aim straight up is silly...

We really have enough support for this, /ts SHOULD be removed, seriously, who knows why MonkeyIsland and DarkOne are ignoring this/delaying it, it's getting very annoying, it shouldn't have been implemented to begin with!

We have been VERY patient, put together detailed posts, and gathered strong support, and still, it seems we get ignored on this issue...

I've seen changes happen overnight on TuS, decisions being made in the heat of things in the past - SO WHY DOES IT TAKE OVER 5 F**KING MONTHS TO CORRECT THE BNG SCHEME?!?!?!?

Offline Anubis

« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2015, 04:50 PM »
Slow and steady. It's still 1 day and 20 hours before next season, so nothing to worry about, right? ;D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2015, 07:34 PM »
MonkeyIsland, we are still waiting on a response for this, read this carefully:

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON THIS, EVER.

Offline avirex

« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2015, 07:55 PM »
i think he response was, nothing will be done about this in the upcoming season....

maybe in the following season, but he is going to check replays to see which bng variation was more popular in the past seasons...

so its more or less another vote, but in order to cast your vote, you must play TUS bng in the scheme variation your prefer, so get to playing bng komo....  but you have to find people that will accept /ts bng first :D

being /ts is standard as of now. good luck, and happy voting!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2015, 08:32 PM »
i think he response was, nothing will be done about this in the upcoming season....

Yeah he said probably nothing will be done for next season(44) but it's still dodging the issue, we want a definitive answer about what will happen, not dodging the questions at hand, not delaying them either, OR changing the subject.

but you have to find people that will accept /ts bng first :D

I am sure you mean will accept without lol, but like I told you in our chat earlier, you and chelsea are the only people to try and force /ts, and you seen how far that got you ;)

The facts so far are me and Chicken23 have more evidence, facts and support to prove /ts has been a failure than anyone who supports /ts.

It's honestly a complete shame, and disappointment that MI has dodged this for so long.

Offline avirex

« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2015, 12:09 AM »
im sure its just more ppl that avoid playing bng with you, without /ts then just me and chelsea.

if me and chelsea were the only people to play bng with /ts, then /ts would already been removed....

the way i see it is, your going to win bng either way... so if you pick bng, and i dont feel like playing, because its comparable to playing ryan in ttrr.... then i might as well refuse to play without /ts, and then i get out of having to play the scheme i hate... its a win/win situation for me.

anyway, forget all that nonsense, komo i already answered your question, what more do you want?? MonkeyIsland answered your question too... your not going to get the answer your looking for YET.. maybe in the future, but for now MI said...

hes going to check replays to see which is more popular, and then make changes in up coming seasons... how is that dodging the questions? delaying them? or changing the subject??? just because you dont like the answer, doesn't mean its dodging the question

ps: stop saying your opinions are facts.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2015, 12:27 AM »
You and Chelsea are really the only people who have demanded /ts, at least against me.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2015, 01:00 PM »
So season 44, no ts is needed right?

In season 43 i went through about 1 whole page of games where ts wasn't used. I can carry on watching every game in season 41,42 and 43 to determine the percentage of active players who prefer ts vs no ts but.... it will take me ages. If this is a must i'll start now so we can remove ts forever.

Thanks

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2015, 03:34 PM »
No change for now. But as you said, I don't think you have problem asking to play non-ts BnG.

I gotta code some scripts to analyze all replays of previous seasons.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2015, 08:48 PM »
No change for now. But as you said, I don't think you have problem asking to play non-ts BnG.

I gotta code some scripts to analyze all replays of previous seasons.

the problem is someone not letting me pick it in POs  :o

Offline Senator

« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2015, 09:35 PM »
I'm surprised if majority actually picks unofficial version of the scheme. Probably many pick/demand BnG with /ts just because it's official rule and they are used to it, not because they think it's better that way ;)

Offline Peja

« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2015, 09:49 PM »
many people actually use current scheme without ts, so its a hybrid haha.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s