Forums
May 20, 2024, 11:37 AM

Author Topic: Experimental season result - bng  (Read 15375 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Experimental season result - bng
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2015, 04:58 PM »
Aerox, what are you talking about?

Do you support Chicken23 here or not? Do you like /ts or not? Do you like the other changes to BnG?

This isn't a TV show, stop using threads to gossip about people, and actually get involved with the topic?

People are starting to get angry with TuS, i've seen people complain about rules and way this new "experimental season" was handed.

I've seen the word "dumbass" used constantly referring to those who actually implemented these new rules. amongst other things.

MonkeyIsland & DarkOne obviously know about this thread, and they are choosing to ignore it, they are ignoring us, the people who put all the time and effort into playing this scheme and learning it.

We have spent a fair bit of time researching other threads, previous games, talking to other players, i've personally even joined and spectated clanners over the last few weeks just to see people complain about the same thing.

The most regular players who are keeping Classic League active did not ask for this change of rules, they did not support it, honestly, it shouldn't have happened at all...

I will continue to find more and more support for this, until they have no choice but to listen to us.

Offline Peja

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2015, 05:22 PM »
you ignored those rules for 2 years and now you are pissed theres no action within 2 weeks? xD
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2015, 05:27 PM »
you ignored those rules for 2 years and now you are pissed theres no action within 2 weeks? xD

I never ignored them, I never knew about them, I barely even played for past couple years i've been busy.

But now that I do know, I am trying my best to take action.

And Tom Started this thread November 2014, hardly 2 weeks.

Offline Peja

« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2015, 05:35 PM »
btw:) https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-1/msg160460/#msg160460

its not like this girder rule came from d1 and monkeyisland

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2015, 05:44 PM »
Good catch Peja, I can't even remember this girder part from barman :O

Did I actually support it back then? I doubt it... Weird... I would never go for that... I guess I pasted his ideas, just to spread the fact we were trying to better BnG, but I definitely don't think I would ever support 1 girder with no usage restrictions.

And yes, I know things don't just happen overnight, but the least we could get it at least acknowledgement that this is a problem and that TuS Staff will try to deal with it / find a solution.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2015, 07:22 PM »
Komo, few days ago you were getting mad at people for debating rule changes and telling everyone to shut up and carpe diem and ran around playing darts and advertising yourself and your new life

now all of a sudden you get behind this change and want inmediate action standing from a higher moral ground

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2015, 11:17 PM »
Komo, few days ago you were getting mad at people for debating rule changes and telling everyone to shut up and carpe diem and ran around playing darts and advertising yourself and your new life

now all of a sudden you get behind this change and want inmediate action standing from a higher moral ground

I am not behind the change, I am against the changes that happened to BnG.

Whatever I have said in the past, fine, but my mind is made up now and I feel I am on the right side, I am the kind of person who will change his mind given sufficient evidence.

Talking about sides, which side are you on? It would be nice to see you using your wisdom for a better cause, rather than point out other peoples flaws, we all have them, including you, but we don't make a daily routine of pointing out your flaws, no one is perfect.

Can you help us or not?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2015, 11:42 PM »
there's not much else I can do that I haven't already: support chicken and hope my incredible insight doesn't go unnoticed
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Why is it so important for you Komo? I don't see you being involved with BnG anymore nor in Classic league. Last time I remember you played a clanner with Barman and Mablak and barman showed such high skill and precision in notching which made you crazy. I think you didn't even finish the match and rage quit. After a while, more people were into notching. some even said "BnG got broke". "Good ol' instinctive BnG turned into a math table". I think some even made a chart.

What's the fuss for 1-girder-no-restrictions rule? It's just one girder and it can easily be destroyed. On the other hand, we had arguments over girder abuse. Some players used to place it for bounce and then 2 turns after they teleport on the other side of it as protection.

I don't mind going into the change process again. But I don't think your side even exceeds 5 people. (5 people who play Classic league even?)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Peja

« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2015, 07:06 PM »
I don't mind going into the change process again. But I don't think your side even exceeds 5 people. (5 people who play Classic league even?)

you seriously should read that topic again, especially at page 2:)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2015, 07:36 PM »
I have. But I also have been involved with every side nagging. (Not only BnG, but every other scheme change we went through in TUS's history) We did it because there were lots of requests at the time. Now the community is less active.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:39 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Peja

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2015, 07:54 PM »
besides i dont think the problem is that big, since almost noone plays bng. and the guys still doing it will agree to old rules anyway.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2015, 08:14 PM »
Why is it so important for you Komo? I don't see you being involved with BnG anymore nor in Classic league. Last time I remember you played a clanner with Barman and Mablak and barman showed such high skill and precision in notching which made you crazy. I think you didn't even finish the match and rage quit. After a while, more people were into notching. some even said "BnG got broke". "Good ol' instinctive BnG turned into a math table". I think some even made a chart.

It's important to me because i've arguably put more time into BnG than any other player in WA, I spent like 5 years of my life addicted to it playing for hours and hours everyday.

Granted the past 2 years i've been extremely inactive in WA let alone TuS, however, I played a clanner with UC a few weeks ago which sparked my interest again, I left UC though and I am currently looking to join a clan and start clanning again, BnG being my favourite Classic scheme, this would be a huge setback for me personally if these new rules were to remain.

And yes, that game was annoying, I won't get into it because i've already been there.

What's the fuss for 1-girder-no-restrictions rule? It's just one girder and it can easily be destroyed. On the other hand, we had arguments over girder abuse. Some players used to place it for bounce and then 2 turns after they teleport on the other side of it as protection.

Having 1 girder doesn't bother me, it's the fact it has no usage restrictions that bothers me, being able to use it to block an opponents shot just goes against the entire point of the game making the darksiding rule pointless also...

The rule was fine before, if a player banks a couple shots off a girder, then hides behind it for protection, he is obviously breaking the rules and should be punished, it doesn't take a lot of brain power to know the difference between using it for bouncing and using it for protection.

So far I have 14 people mentioned in this thread alone that support going back to old rules (including myself).

Out of those 14, 8 play Classic league, and are some of the main players who play Clanners, that number will be 9 as soon as I find a clan ;)

I haven't even had a chance to speak to a lot of players yet, but I will continue to spectate games, talk with players, and gather support.

TuS is less active now, I can't say why exactly, people moving on with their lifes, the younger generation hitting puberty and finding their 1st love, who knows, but I do know i've seen around a dozen people in the last few weeks complain about TuS rules, mostly BnG/TTRR.

I don't feel a vote to change BnG rules would help here either, as a TuS vote open to every TuS member who most of which don't even play BnG, or know enough about it.

At the very least, I would personally be happy just to get rid of /ts for the time being, and have a serious discussion about the rest of the rules to see what is the best option.

I don't like the girder rule, but I can tolerate it, I cannot tolerate /ts... As it seems most people can't tolerate /ts either.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2015, 08:18 PM »
thank you for the reply MI. I think there is more than 5 active bngers requesting the change and like peja says most people agree to classic rules in games. However its more popular than tus bng rules and frustrating when new players think this is the correct bng scheme. Also in clanner playoffs (althought cfc agreed to classic rules), someone like chelsea who uses the new tus rules to their advantage but isn't a natural bnger is at an advantage.

I think there is enough people in favour of going back to classic bng for tus rules, and if people want to use ts and grider protection they can agree to that, but if not classic should be the preset, especially when some players refuse classic bng rules to avoid a game or won't accept in a playoff match.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2015, 04:20 PM »
I didn't add Peja to the list before because he never specifically said he didn't like the /ts rule, but I had a conversation with him yesterday and he also supports no /ts.