Forums
May 13, 2024, 12:16 PM

Author Topic: Experimental season result - bng  (Read 15308 times)

Offline avirex

Re: Experimental season result - bng
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2015, 08:05 PM »
edit: more serious note:

i kind of dont mind the girder rule, it makes for a lot less drama on whats acceptable, and whats not with the stupid f@#!in girder... there has been so many complaints over whats acceptable, so thats a good solution. 1 single girder, no restrictions... i dont see what the big deal is, its equal playing field, each side can use the gird any way he likes, it does not take much to destroy a gird...  its no problem

as far as /ts i can agree that it should not be the standard, but my opinion on this is the person who picks the scheme should be allowed to decide how its plays...

for instance, if Chicken wants to pick bng in a singles, clanner, or more importantly a PO, he should not have the opposing team being able to put restrictions, and stipulations on how he plays it...

the player who picks the scheme should be the one to decide how its played-
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:12 PM by avirex »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2015, 09:49 PM »

the player who picks the scheme should be the one to decide how its played-

you NEED to draw the line though. If you go under that principle things escalate quickly and get out of control
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2015, 10:48 PM »
well, i was going to say "obviously this does not mean the person picking the scheme can make up his own variation of bng" but i thought that did not need to be said, how ironic that the self proclaimed smartest dick in w:a is the one that wants the obvious stated.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2015, 11:00 PM »
I know it might seem strange coming from me, but can we not argue and please work together on this?

If something is said that might seem obvious, no big deal, just ackowledge it and move on :)

We've gained good support so far, let's continue this :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2015, 11:20 PM »
i could not pass the opportunity to take a quick jab at ropa, lord knows he never passes it up towards anyone else.

anyway, komo, im not really trying to get involved in your little revolution here, but i think that rule could apply to all schemes, and it would suit everyone...

whoever picks the scheme, gets to pick how its played

so whoever picks ttrr, would get to decide if its played with 3 worms, or if its 5 worms

whoever picks shoppa gets to decide if its played with afr or not

i believe there is 2 wxw schemes that constantly get flipped around, whoever picks gets to decide

obviously same with bng, the person/team who picks the scheme decides...

i think it would solve a lot of problems, and it just makes more sense imo, and most importantly, it would make everyone happy...  if MI would agree to this, then he would not have to try to decide what scheme is going to make the majority happy, what rules will make the majority happy etc. and will not have to listen to complaints from other people saying the scheme or the rule sucks...

but if people do like this idea, and MI does agree to it, then there should be a thread made with the variations that are acceptable in each scheme... maybe there will be 2 different variations for wxw, and t17, ttrr will be played with either 3 worms, or 5 worms but same scheme regardless. bng will have only 2 schemes to chose from, and with each scheme you can then decide if its /ts or not. etc.

then if i picked bng, and you did not like how i played it, you can pick bng yourself, and play it yourway... .maybe there will be 2 different out comes, maybe not...  but either way i think it would keep disagreements to a minimum, because there will be nothing to debate...  we can have a new catch phrase "the picker is the picker, so lets not dicker!" how ya like that komo, ae?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2015, 12:11 AM »
I need to think about that one, give it time to sink in, it isn't a horrible idea, but something bugs me about it and I don't know what yet...

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2015, 06:26 AM »
I don't like /ts myself. (also dislike Test stuff in general)
But I support the new girder rule. It's just more clear and less confusions/drama.
Neutral on shotgun.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2015, 06:38 AM »
i like avi idea.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2015, 06:49 AM »
I don't like /ts myself. (also dislike Test stuff in general)
But I support the new girder rule. It's just more clear and less confusions/drama.
Neutral on shotgun.

I can live with that :D

Obviously I prefer shotgun, it was me who started using it in a2b :D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2015, 08:15 AM »
just out of curiosity

how many girder complaints did you get per season under the original rules?

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline hollow

« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2015, 10:43 AM »
+1 avirex's idea
have a list of permissible scheme variants, and host can pick either one.
want bng with ts? OK
want kaos with no double damage, OK
roper on cave map with no rope and infinite bananas? f@#! off

Offline avirex

« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2015, 11:47 AM »
honestly, it would put a lot less pressure on the mods, instead of trying to determine which scheme is the best suitable to make everyone happy (its clear at this point in w:a, we will never make everyone happy) there can be different variations of each scheme that are acceptable, and the person/team who picks the scheme, can decide the variation that will be played.

this idea could also be an easier way to introduce new variations, that have potential to turn into favorites. for instance, instead of having long debates and threads that go absolutely no where about hysteria, if someone comes up with an idea for a new variation of the scheme, it can then be voted on.. if majority votes that this new variation is acceptable, then it can be placed in the "acceptable schemes database" or whatever you would like to call it...  then whoever picks hysteria, can decide on the variation played, and as said before, if you don't like that variation, then as the second pick, you can pick hysteria, and play it your way.

the idea could finally bring some positive change to the game, with hopefully very little argument, and MonkeyIsland will not have to make a final say on what he thinks will make majority happy, and we wont have to have these silly 'experimental' seasons...  all you  have to say is... in a scottish komo like voice "the picker is the picker!! so lets not dicker!!"  ;p

Offline Senator

« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2015, 04:45 PM »
whoever picks the scheme, gets to pick how its played

so whoever picks ttrr, would get to decide if its played with 3 worms, or if its 5 worms

whoever picks shoppa gets to decide if its played with afr or not

i believe there is 2 wxw schemes that constantly get flipped around, whoever picks gets to decide

obviously same with bng, the person/team who picks the scheme decides...

Hmm players will then pick the variant that gives them better chance to win. Good ropers will play Shopper with AFR rule against weaker ropers and vice verca. A fast but inconsistent roper will pick TTRR with 5 worms against slower but more consistent roper. A noobbasher will also pick 5 worms to make sure that the opponent can't surprise. The schemes don't change that drastically, though.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2015, 09:59 PM »
blablablalbalbalblabla

do u even play bro
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2015, 10:00 PM »
just out of curiosity

how many girder complaints did you get per season under the original rules?

One or two tops until proven otherwise.

So please revisit the part were you claimed it was a big problem source of great complaints, TUS.
Eat a bag full of dicks.