Forums
May 17, 2024, 08:12 PM

Author Topic: Experimental season result - bng  (Read 15335 times)

Offline avirex

Re: Experimental season result - bng
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2015, 10:07 PM »
ropa, when you have to answer your own questions... take a hint

no one cares to talk to you.

senator, yeah, some people will naturally choose the variation that would give them a greater chance of winning... but some people will just pick a variation based on what he enjoys more...

either way, its not like they are drastic changes, and most variations are just how we used to play it before the experimental season... ttrr: 3 worms, or 5 worms... shoppa, AFR, or not... these changes were all due to the experimental season...    anyway.. i think its a good idea to adapt this rule, i really cant think of any negative results of it, but the most positive thing that will come of it though is people can no longer complain about the schemes/variation...

If MonkeyIsland went back to how things were before the experimental season Chicken, Komo, and many others would be happy with that...  but there will be plenty of people that would not be happy... so letting the scheme picker, pick the variation will make everyone happy... i wish MonkeyIsland would comment here regarding this rule.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2015, 10:17 AM »
I don't think that is a good idea.

Current system, allows to to pick a variation upon agreement, but if there's no agreement, then the default scheme must be played. What you are suggesting, with a little bit of exaggeration, splits the skills.

"DarkOne is a good non-AFR shopper player but FFie is a good AFR shopper player."
"Komo is a great BnGer!" "Wait!! with ts or without ts?" "Oh that yea with ts he sucks"

Something similar happened in Team17 scheme. Some oldies very much liked unlimited girder. In current team17 scheme you gotta use your girders wisely while in the old one, you could just dump one anytime you couldn't think of a better move. One tweak in the scheme created 2 styles of play.

We need to settle one scheme and stick to that. If 2 players agree on something, then let them play that but one scheme must be declared as official.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 10:23 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2015, 10:35 AM »
I realize that Avirex. People ignoring me is not going to stop me from being the only person in this thread aware of how the staff here is just trying to justify changes they don't even remember why they underwent.

And how MI here is trying to improvise his way out of a bunch of choices he made and he probably doesn't even know how.

Ignorance has never stopped me, I'm used to dealing with it.

MonkeyIsland you're out of your depth and I suggest you let D1 do the talking and stop exposing the staff in this league for a bunch of careless bobs who undergo changes for the sake of it.

These threads asking the staff to justify their changes are the most popular in your own website. You never deliver. This is your idea of an answer (on the topic of one girder in bng and do with it what you want):

Quote from: MonkeyIsland
I support the new girder rule. It's just less confusion/drama

So what are all the threads calling out on TUS staff for making shit changes every other month? Ain't that confusion? Ain't that drama? Where are the hundreds of new players that love your changes? Playing TUS bng? Not posting in this thread are they? What's the excuse? Intimidated by the elitism?

More gems:

Quote from: MonkeyIsland
Something similar happened in Team17 scheme. Some oldies very much liked unlimited girder.

Who? Where is the poll?

TUS is not the people's league. It's the people's bitch. You started this off by making votes for everything, went to shit quickly. Now how exactly is that you decide what changes to undergo in a scheme? I really want to know. It seems as if you read a thread and decide upon yourselves, the staff, but I look at the current line-up and I don't even see a guarantee that you lot read a thread like this and even understand what's going on.

This is why the end result of a change is CHelsea and Lukz happy, and everyone else nto, and those with a minimun insight in the game complaining in this thread while you try to justify your changes with moot excuses and generalizations.

I really thought FB would lose the "Leagues vs Leagues tournament", but TUS is just a different animal altogether. I've never seen such radical changes by people that show so little knowledge about the game, at least in a place were I can read it.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 10:37 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2015, 10:41 AM »
your saying DarkOne is good in non-AFR, and "oh, komo, wait, oh yeah with ts he sucks"

if people think they can earn a slight advantage by picking a certain variation, then so be it, whats the problem with that? is that really a reason to deny the idea?? i mean, its not like the variations are completely different, where you can hardly classify them in the same scheme... your talking either ts, or no ts- shotguns, or not... does it really make that much of a difference??  and attacking from rope, or not... does it really matter? its 30 second shoppa.

now if we were talking roper scheme, and w2roper scheme thats obvious advantages to one side, and i would not support that idea either.. now we are talking about a total scheme change..

but when your talking about ts/shotguns.. afr.. petrols in shoppa.. weaps in wxw... thats all petty changes that anyone should easily be able to adapt to.

i think its better to say that the scheme picker can pick the variation rather then you personally coming out of left field with "experimental seasons" then when some people decided they liked the schemes, now they are the current settings... why do you think some people liked the experimental schemes tho?? because they seen an advantage for themselves in it... where as others do not like the new variations of schemes...

so, declaring one scheme official scheme is making 50% of the players happy... having the picker, pick the variation has potential to make 100% of the players happy.

i think it should be considered more.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2015, 10:56 AM »
if people think they can earn a slight advantage by picking a certain variation, then so be it, whats the problem with that? is that really a reason to deny the idea?? i mean, its not like the variations are completely different, where you can hardly classify them in the same scheme... your talking either ts, or no ts- shotguns, or not... does it really make that much of a difference??  and attacking from rope, or not... does it really matter? its 30 second shoppa.

lol this is avirex reasoning a point that also happens to be right
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2015, 12:46 PM »

lol this is avirex reasoning a point that also happens to be right

lol this is ropa making another useless thread

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2015, 02:08 PM »
"Komo is a great BnGer!" "Wait!! with ts or without ts?" "Oh that yea with ts he sucks"

Excuse me what lol? I will assume you are being sarcastic there...

We need to settle one scheme and stick to that. If 2 players agree on something, then let them play that but one scheme must be declared as official.

Last night we played a BnG cfc Vs TaG, I used the old scheme I used to use, which is the TuS scheme modified to have infinite teleports and infinite shotguns with 1 star power, I didn't specifically mention no using girders as protection, TaG used a girder for protection to make them harder to hit and I actually didn't mind it, it made my follow up shots more impressive :D

Personally speaking, i'd be happy with the current scheme, if /ts was removed, to be honest, the girder thing is kinda growing on me, and infinite shotguns with 1 star power is something almost everybody enjoys.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2015, 11:23 PM »
i actually think avi has a point.

there are arguments to say that people will pick scheme variations which give them an advantage..  which could be an issue when certain players earn a huge rating in a scheme and then risk losing a those points if they have to play.. nrbng for example.

If you could agree a set of different scheme styles for classic schemes that were accepted i think that would be fair.

I also think the way in which players pick in todays era is totally unfair and a huge advantage to whoever picks second, now a days the picks arn't confirmed before the first game starts and the second picker usually picks after the result of the first game which influences their pick.

If both players pick whatever scheme type/style they want before the first game starts this could be fair. If you refuse that person's pick before the first game starts you just look for another tus.

The community would have to agree to acceptable scheme variations.
for example

ttrr
5 worms
3 worms

roper
20 hp cr8s
25 hp cr8s
differences in time until sudden death.

elite
its amazing and everyone agrees the rules and never to allow rope knocking :)

t17
unlimited girders
7 girders
fb scheme with all equal weapons
tus cr8 percentages
my t17 scheme with more equal cr8 chances but less sd weapons/nanas/cows.

shopper
no afr
afr
cr8 probabilities - (my shopper scheme) allow certain scheme types to include axe, bow (15), homing missle and couple of other weapons.
power on clusters

wxw
similar to above

But back on track, lets just go all agree to classic bng again for next season?? only position is Chelsea and no one can find a complaint around griders

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:28 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline Lukz

« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2015, 01:14 AM »
i want rules for schemes shortest (20min aprox, except ttrr) i hate bng with 200HP, or roper with 10 or 15 min for sd, t17 with 7 girders is enough for games easily over 20 min, hysteria with 10sec is too long

sux play bng, t17 or roper for 30min or more

Offline SPW

« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2015, 01:34 AM »
Thats actually a good point from Lukz. Sometimes we should see the truth, the real problem. Games over 20 minutes sucking. So the schemes must be easy to play and easy to adapt for newcomers. More under-rules behinding every scheme just makes everything too complicated.

If there is a future for w:a we should make it as easy as we can for newcomers. Those are the future of worms armageddon and also tus.

About BnG. My vote goes to nrbng. Make it simple, make it funny. But thats not cause of me, I dont play tus classic, its just for newcomers the simplest way to get into the big big system of tus.  So in other schemes. Just one type of each scheme. And the fastest version of it. T17 with 7 girders and boom boom weapons, and so on.

Yea, thats my little piece of shit. But its just a little sign :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:36 AM by SPW »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2015, 02:11 AM »
Nah sorry, but I don't agree with Lukz here, some people will enjoy longer games if they really enjoy the scheme, look at me, I will happily sit and watch hours of other people playing Darts... And I ain't even playing lol...

This is basically like saying, I don't enjoy that scheme, please make the pain go away faster, how can that possibly be fair for the people who do enjoy it?

Personally speaking, I don't like football, bores me to death, so no way i'd watch 90 minutes of it... Why not make football 10 minutes each half? Well, even though I don't like football, I think 90 minutes is good to give both teams a fair game, playing diff tactics and what not.

Also, regardless of the rules of BnG, it all comes down to how good the players are, if they are on form, games will be faster, if they aren't on form, games will last longer.

Lowering the health of BnG makes it less competitive, it's not uncommon for players to have a horrible start, go behind, then pick up the pace, play better make a well earned comeback, and win, lowering the health ruins this, I love this tenseness of BnG, it's one of the reasons I enjoy clanning.

If the player who hits 1st pushes their opponent, then they move, and get hit again, and again... 200hp is good to give that chance of a crucial shot to turn the game around and have enough HP to last it out to give a fighting chance.

Offline Lukz

« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2015, 03:11 AM »
This league need more activity, sorry but 40min playing bng or whatever is not atractive
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:08 AM by Lukz »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2015, 03:27 AM »
Thid league need more activity, sorry but 40min playing bng ir whatever is not atractive

It is attractive to me, it's attractive to the other people in this thread who support BnG.

Ok, I understand you don't like long BnG matches, you can't enjoy something you don't really like, I can't sit and listen to 2 hours of rock music because I don't really like it, that doesn't mean to say it shouldn't be cut short because some people don't like a long BnG match, this is extremely unfair to ask for this to the people who enjoy it.

I can assure you, BnG is not the reason this League is not as active as it used to be, regardless how long the matches last.

The main reason a BnG will take 30-40 or more minutes is because the players playing it are not skilled enough to hit many shots, so umm, get better, or pick something else?

Many of my 2v2 BnG matches would last around 20 minutes, sometimes faster, sometimes a bit longer, but usually average around 20 minutes, I don't see this as too long, especially when Elite/T17 and Hysteria often last longer than 20 minutes, even WxW can last this long if players don't attack every turn.

What you are asking for is unfair, and to be honest, a little selfish.

Offline avirex

« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2015, 03:35 AM »
komo, thats all your talking about is bng.. give it a break, lukz said all schemes are too long.. and you know what, he is right...  the schemes should take no longer then 20 minutes.. and if they best player in the scheme takes 20 minutes on average to finish a bng, that means the sheme is too long for the average player.. your doing nothing but proving his point, but you dont see that because your too consumed about only talking about bng, regardless where the conversation really leads lol

this is why nothing constructive ever happens.. sure, everyone is making valid points, and some good ideas are thrown around.. but when MI comes here to give a final read, and decide if a chance should be made this is what he sees...

avirex: talking about the picker picks
chicken: just wanting to see bng change, and anything after that... cool
Luks wanting to see the schemes shortened
ropa: being a smart ass, and hoping others find him smart/funny
Komo: wants to talk about bng around any corner.. regardless what anyone else says..   "Luks: schemes are too long..    komo: well thats because you dont like bng, personally i love bng... did i mention i love bng?"

how can things ever change with this miss match banter? it wont

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2015, 04:29 AM »
No avi man, I don't think 20 minutes is too long... 20 minutes is nothing...

LoL, and WoW, and many other games online, can spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer per match, per raid, etc.

WA games are very short.

I feel the other way, if games are too short, they aren't much fun, I am not trying to be annoying about this, it's how I feel.