Forums
May 15, 2024, 10:12 PM

Author Topic: Flaws in Hysteria  (Read 4380 times)

Offline Krezo

Re: Flaws in Hysteria
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 05:08 AM »
I think some of you got me wrong, this is not a complaint thread and I'm not posting this because we lost a Hysteria,

Of course you posted it because you lost it

:P
No signature.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 06:21 AM »
i think then we need to change something too  >:(

Offline SPW

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 04:54 PM »
Adapt it - so I have same opinion as franz.

ofc there are ppl - obv bored of this scheme or just scares the opponent(s) - which could doing this all time. But well, longterm better hysterian will win the series. ;d

I dont think hysteria needs any changes. :)

But I also agreeing to darkeli. It destroys the game!

Offline Silvan

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 06:40 PM »
This is a part of hysteria, a small piece of tactics that can be used on this scheme.

Personally, everytime i try to win without use telecows, and i consider the action of teleporting worms in water only to use telecow a little bit stupid. A worm can be useful in different manners, first to be killed  :)

I agree to you SPW, the telepop is extremely efficient, but only at the first time. Next time a good player can contrast efficacy it simply doing.... SECRET!  :D

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 06:54 PM »
btw some players abuse of telecows (no - for me is not teletatic, is teleCOW).

Telecow is a part of hysteria? Ok, I agree.

However, some players kill 2 or 3 / 4 opponent's worms only using the f8.

Why in BnG we cant to use granade 5 secs no bounce? Coz is too easy to shot ur opponent. Its lame. Like telecow. Its too easy to do.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 07:00 PM »
Why in BnG we cant to use granade 5 secs no bounce? Coz is too easy to shot ur opponent. Its lame. Like telecow. Its too easy to do.

It is because you think hysteria is 1-sec BnG :)
Hysteria is NOT about who can do a better shot in 1 sec. It is the best move in 1 sec.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline darKz

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 07:05 PM »
PLEASE refrain from calling it telecow.

Tactics in Elite or Team17 have riped over the years, people got better and better at using strategic petrol/girder blocks, taking advantage of having less worms left, tossing grenades, doing good rope turns, aim for plops with dyna/mines etc etc. On the contrary you can hardly say Hysteria has evolved since it's basically got no strategy. At least I don't wanna acknowledge plopping own worms to gain an edge as a valid strategy.

Also, in other schemes there's no such thing as a shortcut to the late game, while in Hysteria there is..

Just trying to make you guys think a little and maybe come up with a great idea to make the scheme more enjoyable in leagues. :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 07:08 PM »
I imagine a bestest move something like a nice zooka with wind or a nade 3 secs perfect in opponent worm.

Press f8 and put ur worm above other worm that cant move befor u sure is not a bestest move.

Do u like to watch a video with "telecows: the 1000 bestest moves from hysteria" ?

Sorry, i prefer a game played with skill.

I accept 1 telecow in a fail mine. However, telecow everytime is lame sirs.

Offline Camper

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 07:44 PM »
Dont come with 'telecows' Cesar. Its ridiculous saying its lame cos its not! Its a simple move/tatic. So is ploping worms.

some think hysteria is not fun cos it, but some think hysteria is fun just for it. No games are end till the last worm dies. THATS HYSTERIA.
No changes is need.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 07:48 PM »
ok when i ll do telecow in u dont complaint xuxa xD

Offline Camper

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 07:50 PM »

you won't be the first ( nor the last) one. And Be sure, you will lose anyway, Muahuha

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 07:51 PM »

you won't be the first ( nor the last) one. And Be sure, you will lose anyway, Muahuha

lies or dreams?  8)

Offline Camper

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 07:54 PM »

life or dreams?  8)

its the life ;x

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 08:09 PM »
btw its like some guys tell here: adapt it.

The big problem in start, when ur worms is so far and u lose 1 - 4 turns to replace it.

If teleport was limited to 9, ppl would think better about the "f8 move".

Offline CMV

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 08:40 PM »
Look, if you feel like playing BnG with petrols, shotguns, flamethrowers, etc., then make a scheme named "Extended BnG". Hysteria is NOT BnG (although I love them both).
And by the way... We've had this argument like... 4 or 5 times before? Why go back on the same topic again and again and again and again and again and...
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN