Forums
May 15, 2024, 07:00 AM

Author Topic: Flaws in Hysteria  (Read 4378 times)

Offline darKz

Flaws in Hysteria
« on: May 08, 2011, 03:36 PM »
First of all, watch this game, while it's just an example you'll easily see what I'm on about - plopping own worms in Hysteria forcing the opponent to do the same and create a "late game situation" in just 2 minutes. I think it's a major flaw in the whole concept of the scheme, it was meant to be played with 4 worms, yet the number of worms used doesn't mean a thing it seems.. Just brought this up to hear some thoughts on the matter.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Ray

Re: Flaws in Hysteria
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 03:41 PM »
It's your own decision if you plop your worms - an obviously stupid decision of course, since the turn advantage situations can be defended easily. It's silly, people should start realizing that soon enough.

EDIT: now I'm seeing that I was talking against my clan. :-[ ;D I didn't check the link before I posted... but yea, my opinion doesn't change.

Offline darKz

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 03:46 PM »
I'm not talking about whether it's stupid or not stupid, I'm just saying I don't think Hysteria was meant to be played that way and we could basically just play it 1vs1 worm. Well not 1vs1 but you get what I mean.
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 03:51 PM »
I get what you mean. But I think, if you play well enough, place your worms well enough, then plopping your own worms becomes absolutely senseless and tactically suicidal, it's like killing your own worm at Elite, very very rarely it comes handy...

By the way, I did watch the replay, take a look, at the end, it comes down to simple Hysteria, so I doubt it gave the winners any advantage overally speaking.

This is like the early days of "telecow". ;D Soon all the beginners will start speaking about "plopcow". :-X

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 04:32 PM »
i played hysteria with Thouson 2 days ago.

When the game start its normal i put some worms in darkside to get other nice hide.

Thouson does "plopcow" to do next time a telecow, coz he could cant take my worm from darkside.

I stayed too  >:( >:( >:( and Thouson said me "its hysteria, not bng".

Offline franz

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 05:21 PM »
sure there a times when you can plop your own worm if you really want to,
but don't make it sound like that is the only option if the other team does it first.

there are always different strategies, and that is only one of them.
adapt, and find out what works best for you :]

Offline Rok

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 05:38 PM »
DING DING DING, NEWS FLASH!

Hysteria blows and sucks (as a league scheme). That's my personal opinion, now flame and smite....

@darkz: Sorry, I have nothing useful to add, I agree with you completely. :)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline avirex

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 05:41 PM »
yeah, what rok said.

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 06:11 PM »
I dont really enjoy hysteria (due to the monkey business when it comes to the final worm) yet dont agree it shouldnt be a league scheme. It is enjoyed by many and it is one of the least luck dependant schemes.

add a supersheep on a 10 turn delay, will make the scheme better!

and/or

a select worm, tricky to pull off but possible.

Ive tried hyst with both of these changes and its far better. Greatly reduces the madness at the end which gets very boring.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:26 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 07:52 PM »
I remember I used to hate the scheme, mainly because the players who started playing the game after me mostly started Hysteria way before me and they could kick my ass and I didn't like that. :D

But now I think I kind of figured it out, I don't say I really like it now... but I don't find it as bad as I used to.

Offline darKz

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 09:45 PM »
I think some of you got me wrong, this is not a complaint thread and I'm not posting this because we lost a Hysteria, it's just an example of how to make a Hysteria game very boring and really not enjoyable. Imo it's just as lame as T17 with inf girders and BLOCKBLOCKBLOCK-action. But we found a simple solution for T17, so.. :P
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Devilage

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 10:25 PM »
doesnt rly work all the time, i remember dub used to do this when he was learning hysteria but he didnt rly pull it out mostly its just another tactic u can use.

Smoking proud.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 12:15 AM »
mb jetpack and tele reduced to ammo 9

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 01:05 AM »
lol

kill yourself is very bad if enemy can place worms in top, and hav a nice aim, to hit every turn...

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 05:00 AM »
i would put select worms... not weapon, i mean the starting one
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.