Forums
May 13, 2024, 11:32 AM

Author Topic: Flaws in Hysteria  (Read 4375 times)

Offline darKz

Re: Flaws in Hysteria
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2011, 10:50 AM »
People lose in schemes and try to alter it so that it suits their style of playing best.

You make it sound like I'm a crybaby even though I clearly said why I opened this thread...
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2011, 11:20 AM »
I meant that completely in general. In fact I had forgotten who started the thread.

From what I've seen and experienced, schemes get invented and they change to suit community. It seems to me that it is not a specific person changing it, changes appear when enough part of the community try these changes, like it and accept it.
The great example of this is Roper scheme which had/have enough discussions and ideas how to improve it but still, the "community" seem to have its peace with the way Roper is now and doesn't want to change. (Even though many of these ideas may be good ones)

I've been thinking how Hysteria would be with tele-port rule. Such as teleporting to 30 pixel radius of your opponent would be illegal, but the way I imagined it, it created even more mess.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2011, 11:37 AM »
In general, you're right, mister Island, but I think it's quite obvious the teleport is overpowered in comparison to the other weapons.

However, turn order abuse is of course a valid tactic in hysteria. I don't think adding rules is the way to go, but a way to make the tactic perhaps a bit less powerful is something I advocate :)

ps: I've won more than I've lost in the hysteria cups I've played in ;)

Offline avirex

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2011, 01:04 PM »
i would not say my roper thread is a good comparison...

my idea of the scheme is how they were invented, and intended to by be the w2'ers who invented the sheme well b4 w:a was even invented, and it was the w2ers who even gave the the ropeing idea to w:a (for that cr8 grab time trial mission)

early day w:a community changed the scheme to suit the needs of them because they were all newbs (being the game was brand new) and since that time 10 years ago, no1 has been willing to alter the scheme to fit the current day of skill... pretty frustrating :D

Offline Husk

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2011, 01:24 PM »
trololo lollolo lollolo loo

Offline avirex

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2011, 01:28 PM »
huahauhauha just sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyiinnnggg....

ill never be at ease as long as w:a is roping around with f@#!ing 25 second total turn time... makes me cringe :D

ehhh, lets just turn this into a w2roper thread... who cares about hysteria :D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 02:03 PM by avirex »

Offline CMV

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2011, 08:46 PM »
Hysteria is teh best.
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline darKz

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2011, 11:43 PM »
I've grown to hate the scheme to be honest. It's only enjoyable when not played for the win.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010