Forums
June 01, 2024, 03:36 PM

Author Topic: karma  (Read 8892 times)

Offline THeDoGG

Re: karma
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2011, 04:19 PM »
well cmon Angus was maybe right, but it's clear why he has been moderated.. I was even 200% sure he would be when I first read his post.. just there was too many "f@#!", that's all :)
He could have share the same opinion whithout any bad words, he wouldnt have been moderated.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2011, 04:52 PM »
Okay, in a wonderful day ppl insults others ppl and the life is beautiful with a lot of shut ups, f@#! its and f@#!ing pathetic. Let me try then:

If no one cares with porra of reputation, delete this shit of Karma system, This stupid system is useless and angry ppl won't complaint about this waste posts anymore.

Offline theredi

« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2011, 05:31 PM »
free the angus gree the angus!!! thats what ppl want :D democracy FTW ;p

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2011, 05:33 PM »
Lol.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2011, 06:15 PM »
Okay, in a wonderful day ppl insults others ppl and the life is beautiful with a lot of shut ups, f@#! its and f@#!ing pathetic. Let me try then:

If no one cares with porra of reputation, delete this shit of Karma system, This stupid system is useless and angry ppl won't complaint about this waste posts anymore.

dont post like this or your caring of karma will become a caring of your moderation dot xD
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2011, 06:38 PM »
just there was too many "f@#!", that's all :)
Maybe there was not enough f@#!  ;D

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2011, 06:41 PM »
Maybe there was not enough f@#!  ;D

dude...there's no such thing as "too much f@#!" if you're a man ^^
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 06:46 PM by Desetroyah »

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2011, 06:47 PM »
Maybe there was not enough f@#!  ;D

dude...there's no such thing as "too much f@#!" if you're a man ^^

xDDDDDDDD You are right

Offline Prankster

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2011, 07:14 PM »
Jus to get in the conversation again: it's good to get some applauds, isn't it? And it feels bad, when you get smites, aye?
No one gets smitten or applauded for no reason, there is always a reason. And I can't believe people don't know the reason they get those pluses or minuses for.
Even if it's something in the past. Consequences can live longer on the internet, they mean less than in "real life" though, imo.
If you can't handle your feelings about your karma, internet is not for you.

Offline DumbBongChow

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2011, 07:34 PM »
Good point; I do believe applaud and smite always happen for a reason. At this point, there seems to be two political party: one that goes against karma system and one that doesn't actually care or actually favors it. -_-;

If you wanna learn how to raise reputation through having good attitude, learn it from the master Husk. (That guy got too much love or something though! XD)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 07:37 PM by DumbBongChow »

I like making myself Feel(S) Good Man!

Our Community: (Our newest, updated schemes are at this site!)
http://wosc.tk/

DBC's Legendary Profile:
http://worms2d.info/User:DumbBongChow
http://worms2d.info/User_talk:DumbBongChow

Offline nino

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2011, 10:13 PM »
i <3 husk too
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2011, 02:06 PM »
I guess the ultimate question is does the karma system do more harm than good, in my opinion it does.

The only benefits of the karma system as it stands are selfish pleasures. The pleasure of seeing someone you dislike with low karma and equally the pleasure of seeing your own high karma. Yes in some cases a "player's" karma can give an idea as to their nature both in games and on the forums, however for the large part we accept that it is silly to judge someone solely by their karma on tus... that goes without saying.

To those of you saying stupid stuff like "dood who the f@#! care about karma wtf"... ive noticed that you yourselves dont have negative karma. No matter what you say, NOBODY wants to log on to a website they visit daily about a game they love and see that members of a community they consider themselves to be a part of have been "disliking" them. Sure nobody is gonna commit suicide over worms... at the same time its no fun seeing people have been "disliking" you. Its also annoying seeing people with very high karma who's attitudes don't always reflect this "score". I do not like the way the karma system instils a false sense of authority and righteousness, suggesting someone with a higher karma may be more likely to be right about something is irritating and patronising. This is a small community, we know each other well enough to not need a number to tell us who does what and who acts dumb.

Its also near impossible for people with seriously negative karma to climb back up, even if they change their ways.
I take the example of crash, sure he acted dumb sometimes.... but for the last year or so he has been perfectly fine and his karma is not fair. Even if people do change their attitude, the community doesnt care enough to raise their karma in acknowledgement.

If the current system is to be kept then as I already suggested people should be allowed to reset their karma every few months or so. That way if people do change their attitude, they can start fresh. Personally I think it should be removed completely as all it does is cause arguments, discourage people from posting what they truly feel and eventually discourages people from using the forum altogether. Im sure this was exactly the sort of thing you didnt want tus to promote MI!

I havent even bothered mentioning the ABUSE of the karma system which everyone is well aware of. This is already reason alone to remove it completely or set up another system. Someone mentioned removing smite and only having +. That sounds good to me, at least its a vast improvement from what we have now.
worm and learn

Offline avirex

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2011, 02:20 PM »
didnt you already make that exact speech nail?

i guess the real question is, why does everyone care so much about the karma?

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2011, 02:22 PM »
worm and learn

Offline Peja

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2011, 02:26 PM »
well nail, i have a neg karma, and i say dont care to much of it. your right pos karma dont reflect your personality  or behavior, but neg karma obviously does. show me one person with neg karma who did not annoy some people with his or her behavior.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s