Forums
May 13, 2024, 10:11 PM

Poll

Remove the Karma system?

Yes, completely.
No, keep it as it is.
Yes, and allow posts to be rated instead.

Author Topic: Karma system  (Read 10616 times)

Offline Random00

Re: Karma system
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 09:29 AM »
I dont think resetting the karma is useful at all, maybe a limit per month for each player can be useful, but Im not sure about that ;d
The problem could basically be that people give away applauds and smites just because of the person and not because of the post that this person made ;O
I think there are even good examples for good and bad posts here. (but it will remain secret which is good and which isnt :P )

Tiem ago i said somehthing about revealing the ppl whos smitting u or applauding and put the feature of comment why u smitte or applaud like telling a reason of why u press the button is useless if u just press it to annoy the popularity of the guy who's getting his low reputation like maciej i've smitted him sometimes and those times i rly would like to post why i smitted him i liek nails idea about making it like youtube u press the smitte/applaud and then u comment why u did it, being annon it's just meant for ppl that are wussies and just wanna annoy there shouldn't be this kind of secret stuff on a league imo.

Doubletime -248
Maciej -140
me -26
MonkeyIsland 240

hehe :D pls 27 + for me xD

Use Scales of justice. xD

Offline nappy

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 10:46 AM »
Doubletime fully deserves his karma, acting like little mean kid right from the beginning of his worming career. This includes receiving fastest ban in NNNL history, faking players/drops, writing various bullshit, intentionally annoying everybody, etc etc etc. How can you defend this nasty worm when you know that all "good" that he does (oh yeah, modding the cup, such a big, titanic job) is actually done in purpose of yelling about it later, like "OH LOOK I'M BLOODY USEFUL, I'M GOOD TO COMMUNITY, PRAISE ME".

Now on topic - imho, karma should stay, but its changes must be publicly visible. As for now, you can continuously smite a person just because you don't like him, not for silly posts or bad behaviour. And you won't get punished for this, since all actions are hidden! This renders karma system partially useless.

Though, I'm not sure if karma should be reset after such change in the system or not. With that, I think that having possibility to reset karma each season is nonsense, since karma has nothing to do with your gaming or whatsoever, it is something global.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:53 AM by TenoriTaiga »

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 03:03 PM »
Tenoritaga, i don't know who you are and i hosted the ctf cup because i wanted to play ctf  and noone else was doing it. I have faked people and played xtc/tus games with their nicks in the past. But i never ever fake dropped. I was accused of doing so in a tut team 17 cup game vs wooka however.

I don't even know who you are. But it is pest that certain ppl spend more time reading my logs then playing wA......

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 03:45 PM »
I like how you're trying to pass off that people checking your logs are a bad thing, while faking people is ok

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 03:50 PM »
I like how you're trying to pass off that people checking your logs are a bad thing, while faking people is ok

Well it is annoying how i have 5 comments on a game were i flame. Despite the fact that the previus replay ( reason )= had no comments. Faking is bad to however. Long time ago since i did that =)

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010, 04:59 PM »
I was accused of doing so in a tut team 17 cup game vs wooka however.

maybe you shouldnt write "im gonna fake drop" before you quit  ::)
especially since we dropped 2 games before that

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 05:07 PM »
I was accused of doing so in a tut team 17 cup game vs wooka however.

maybe you shouldnt write "im gonna fake drop" before you quit  ::)
especially since we dropped 2 games before that

I didnt write " im gonna fake drop " and it only dropped 1 round in the middle of the round, Get your'e facts straight before accusing ppl!

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 05:19 PM »
maybe u didnt exactly say it like that but it was close enough and had the same meaning... im sure the replay is around but honestly i dont care, i dealt with it enough when it happened

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 02:35 PM »
delete this karma cus some newbs sitting on tus dont have nothing better to do and after 12h smiting for example me ,zippo,doubletime

Offline Rok

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 03:39 PM »
I bet people set up bots for smiting certain people  ;D
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Maciej

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 06:30 PM »
wow crash! you have got a new record! you beated even dt! -339 ftw! xd

Offline Wormwarrior

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2010, 10:21 PM »
Monkey, u can show who smite who, so say if the people is abusif or not plz ^^

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 05:15 AM »
That will bring up even more flames.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 06:32 PM »
Lol MI why u have this system then if u don't want flames, u want that ppl play with a player reputation but to be annon like a coward that sucks man, if u don't want flames then just erase the system imo.

Smoking proud.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 07:05 PM »
I would. But look at the poll in this topic.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.