Forums
May 14, 2024, 03:27 PM

Poll

Remove the Karma system?

Yes, completely.
No, keep it as it is.
Yes, and allow posts to be rated instead.

Author Topic: Karma system  (Read 10619 times)

Karma system
« on: April 16, 2010, 02:27 PM »
The thing about this system is that it only takes one person for you to get -100s of karma points which isnt fair.

I think it would be good to remove the karma system, and have a system that allows posts to be rated either good or bad instead (like youtube for example).

Not that karma should be taken too seriosuly, but I can imagine its slightly annoying for people who have -100s with no chance of it ever changing.

If you dont fancy changing it altogther, then why not let people reset their karma back to 0 say up to twice a season, sounds good?
worm and learn

Offline Maciej

Re: Karma system
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 08:05 PM »
well, I agree with Nail. For example I have got karma over -100, and there is no chance to make it better. Ppl just reflex give me smite ;)

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 08:08 PM »
I agree. This karma system is like the indien religion. Poor people can't socialize with rich people. It is riddiculous imho. Players should be able to redeem their karma stats !

Offline Maciej

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 08:13 PM »
yeah, it's more about who like who, and who not. Ppl don't give you applaud or smite because of posts, well sometimes too, but seldom. For more ppl who don't like you give you smite, and ppl who like you, don't care about it mostly ;)

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 08:31 PM »
Yeh your right maciej, it becomes more of a popularity contest (also on whether people agree or disagree to someones post), more than a worthy depiction of somebodys "reputation", at least it was more modest before when it was related to as "karma"!

Take DT for example, he doesnt deserve that -100 wteva karma... he just did a good job hosting a ctf cup! He may talk too much sometimes, but he isnt out to offend or annoy anyone, ill tell him stfu when he talks too much, but this doesnt mean hes not a nice enough guy...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:34 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Maciej

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 08:51 PM »
well, I don't know why ppl don't like him so much

Offline beer

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 08:52 PM »
well, u are right, and my karma is an e.g. i was alwys with positive karm, but then someone started smiting me evryday even when i dnt show, even if i dnt post in a week, and now its what u see, but i dnt care and u should do the same, evryone know how it work and karma isnt even a true image of players, so im fine with it :) and btw i've more then 1100 posts, isnt that bad.

ps, ive to say to who smite me, if it make u more happy, pls dnt stop :]
i glad to know that i can make kids happy with karma thing XDDDDDDDD

drama queen iz back

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 08:35 AM »
:) It's funny when you tell your opinion related to a complaint, and it's against the complaining player, no insults, no anything, just a point of view, then the following day you discover your karma going down with like 5 points. :D But anyway, I also think it should be considered to remove it completely, the newcomers to the site might have preconception towards a player with low karma.

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 08:50 AM »
It's interesting to see what handling specific complaint does to my karma :) If it goes down too fast, then it'll tell me I'm going too fast down the way of the Kiros.
My reputation hasn't gone through the drain yet, so I don't seem to suck too much at modding so far :-[

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 09:39 AM »
It's kind of why I gave up moderating, I didn't feel as much experienced as the others and also, I discovered my karma going down in many cases, so I just didn't want to give TUS a bad name.

Offline SPW

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 10:16 AM »
Well, I was giving some applauds to good post at forum and smite ppl, which are just annoying me (or my clan). But total, I was given maybe 10 clicks of that karma system. So I rly dont care at all. For me, we could remove it. ;)

The question, why dt has so much -karma is just his past. He is someday "nice" and someday just a little kid. I just saw dt plenty of times ppl annoying in #ag, call them "noob" etc.

Yesterday I was given him some new elite ladder link to try out (because he's asking in #ag for it). After he checked members in that ladder he just wrote: "There are too many noobs in it". Just for you to know: Random00, Darkz, Ray, JohnMcClane, me and some other "old" Eliteplayers are in that re-opened esl-ladder. Sometimes I dont understand dt at all. Want to help him to find a new Elite-Ladder and at the end, I didnt even got a "thx" or something. But, thats no reason for me given some smite's for him. Like i wrote above, I dont rly care that karma-system.

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Take DT for example, he doesnt deserve that -100 wteva karma... he just did a good job hosting a ctf cup! He may talk too much sometimes, but he isnt out to offend or annoy anyone, ill tell him stfu when he talks too much, but this doesnt mean hes not a nice enough guy...

couldnt disagree with you more, look at his attitude in this chat https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-24297/... and thats just one situation, most of the people with extremely negative karma have it for a reason...

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 05:27 PM »
to extend the points WookA made, he is doing a good job modding the CTF cup. It is the only reason his Karma isn't -400 (his post count has grown about 100 since the CTF cup, but his karma has gone down only a few points, dramatically raising his karma per post)

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 06:12 PM »
hmm well yeh I dont deny he acts dumb sometimes, but still I think people shoud be allowed to rest their karma at least once a season, disagree with that?
worm and learn

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 06:25 PM »
Well, resetting kind of defeats the purpose of a karma system, doesn't it?

If you don't want to have such negative karma, stop behaving in a manner that will get people to smite you. It's not so difficult, really :) People do it all the time.