Forums
May 14, 2024, 12:55 PM

Poll

Remove the Karma system?

Yes, completely.
No, keep it as it is.
Yes, and allow posts to be rated instead.

Author Topic: Karma system  (Read 10618 times)

Offline Maciej

Re: Karma system
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 06:29 PM »
If you don't want to have such negative karma, stop behaving in a manner that will get people to smite you. It's not so difficult, really :)

you are little silly Darkone. Read what I have written before oO

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 06:48 PM »
Some karma's are exaggerated. But all are because the character you've shown to the community yourself.

If you don't want to have such negative karma, stop behaving in a manner that will get people to smite you. It's not so difficult, really :)

you are little silly Darkone. Read what I have written before oO

That's not silly at all. Read your last PMs to me to know what is silly.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Online Chelsea

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 07:04 PM »
Doubletime -248
Maciej -140
me -26
MonkeyIsland 240

hehe :D pls 27 + for me xD
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:06 PM by Chelsea »

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 07:16 PM »
Doubletime -248
Maciej -140
me -26
MonkeyIsland 240

Use Scales of justice. xD

Offline beer

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Some karma's are exaggerated. But all are because the character you've shown to the community yourself.

i cant belive that u worte that, i've been helping tus from start, and my karma is -50. maybe not now and not anymore, i have no time and i dnt feel for it, tus isnt what was before, but this is not the point.
still, im glad to know that there are kids that be happy smiting me evryday, this is the good thing u can make someone happy doing nothing :)
but u cant compare me with zippo, crash or w/e.

dnt remove karma, we are making more ppl happy

drama queen iz back

Offline Ray

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 07:41 PM »
Doubletime -248
Maciej -140
me -26
MonkeyIsland 240

Use Scales of justice. xD

See, this is the post I give an applaud for. :D

Offline Devilage

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 10:18 PM »
Tiem ago i said somehthing about revealing the ppl whos smitting u or applauding and put the feature of comment why u smitte or applaud like telling a reason of why u press the button is useless if u just press it to annoy the popularity of the guy who's getting his low reputation like maciej i've smitted him sometimes and those times i rly would like to post why i smitted him i liek nails idea about making it like youtube u press the smitte/applaud and then u comment why u did it, being annon it's just meant for ppl that are wussies and just wanna annoy there shouldn't be this kind of secret stuff on a league imo.

Smoking proud.

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 10:35 PM »
It appears, some people get extremly low karma due of one or two people who smite them everydays. Why not just get a limit on smiting on someone everymonth.
For exemple, even if i deeply want to smite everyday Mr X this month, I'll be able to smite him only 6 times this month and I'll have to wait for the next month to smite him again :).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 10:37 PM by zippeurfou »

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 10:49 PM »
If they do it everyday (waiting for the 24 hours), they can wait the next month too.

But really, who cares about this karma system ?
It can't be true, so there is no point in it.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2010, 11:04 PM »
Well, resetting kind of defeats the purpose of a karma system, doesn't it?

If you don't want to have such negative karma, stop behaving in a manner that will get people to smite you. It's not so difficult, really :) People do it all the time.

No, people have such negative karma due to a small number of people smiting the same person over and over again and in many cases this is not a fair reflection of sombodies "reputation" amongst the majority of people...

Allowing a reset would actually give people who have very low karma more of an incentive to change their attitudes than for it to just be permenatly low for ever, surely people deserve a "second chance"?

I dont see whats wrong with allowing people  to reset it once a season... you need to remember that its only a small number of people who press -1 every day that cause  someone to have very low karma.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 11:06 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 02:02 AM »
I don't think it's only 1 or 2 people smiting zippo and doubletime everyday..

Offline ZiPpO

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 04:11 AM »
hahahahaha darkmaul ;P

i think u dont know me ;P

beer...guaton...dub-c...dulek...almost all brazilians...ninjacamel...spw...i think i have alot of persons than smite me everytime ;D

only nail love me ;D

i love u too nail ;*

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 06:02 AM »
ninjacamel...

if i dont like doesnt mean that i would smite u rofl
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline SPW

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 09:09 AM »
Zippo, read my post, then ur smarter.

I dont gives smites or applaudes - I dont care that karma-system. So maybe I was given some 6 Applauds and 4 Smites away in my whole "TUS-Career". I have better things to do than smiting every 24 hour some people lol.

Offline Wormwarrior

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 11:43 PM »
i think we have to keep it, if u have bad reputation and all smite u, it's because u have a problem (i am speaking with zippo, maciej, and doubletime) and maybe it's not 1 person everytime smite u xD i don't care about my reputation and i smite ppl when i see stupid topic or reflexion, and stupd ppl's ^^ good nite, peace  8)