Forums
May 17, 2024, 03:41 AM

Author Topic: KEY REMAPPER  (Read 13069 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: KEY REMAPPER
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2013, 08:36 AM »
Macros are completely different, you aren't physically pressing anything(physically doing the work yourself) if you do that, I shouldn't need to explain this, so I won't, but if you want me to, I will, just ask.

Shadow:
1. Press space key.
2. Release space key
3. Press space key again.
4. Release space key
5. Press space key again.
6. Release space key.

Shadow with mentioned AHK script:
1. Press space key.
2. Release space key
3. Press second space key. (point 2 will be done for you)
4. Release space key
5. Press first space key again. (point 4 will be done for you)
6. Release space key.

Those are physical shortcuts the script will do for you.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:00 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2013, 08:48 AM »
Ok, you make a good point there MI, I didn't really associate "letting go" with how fast you can press a button/multiple buttons. Someone with faster fingers will still be faster, if your timing is better than your opponents, you will still do it better, especially those critically time saving shadows that make your worm fall backwards, which REALLY helps in Ropers where the part to connect rope once you fall below is further inland than the part sticking out on top.

You won that little battle MI, but you still lost the war lol.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2013, 09:02 AM »
Ok, you make a good point there MI, I didn't really associate "letting go" with how fast you can press a button

Komo, take a breath and realize it took you what, 4 pages to understand a simple concept we were natural with time ago.

You need to change your attitude completely. You need to at least understand the basics of common sense. And lose all that delusion that somewhat makes you believe you're intelligent enough to have unique theories that defy the norm. You will never be in hands of such knowledge.

If everyone disagrees with you it's not because you have a wider mind that allows you to comprehend things more openly. It's that your delusion is not balanced with your intelligence.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline StepS

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2013, 09:04 AM »
xSpeed tournament would be awful, might as well ask Deadcode to warm on a map, will look better than any xSpeed user could ever dream of.
I think you're talking about replays since Deadcode's own roping level is pretty average compared to tool-assisted replays.

Shadow with mentioned AHK script:
1. Press space key.
2. Release space key
3. Press second space key. (point 2 will be done for you)
4. Release space key
5. Press first space key again. (point 4 will be done for you)
6. Release space key.

but how can you press the first space key again if it isn't released still?  :o might require third space then, or an inevitable release of the first space key.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Husk

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2013, 09:05 AM »
u just press it again

Offline StepS

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2013, 09:05 AM »
u just press it again
but then it contradicts the MI's guide. at least one "physical" key release will be required with two-spaces setup.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Husk

« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2013, 09:07 AM »
steps, u press 1st spacebar, u press 2nd spacebar then u press 1st spacebar again :D:D:D::DD no need to release any space!

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2013, 09:08 AM »

but how can you press the first space key again if it isn't released still?  :o might require third space then, or an inevitable release of the first space key.

Remap X and C to space.

Hold X. Press C while holding X.

That's 2 space shots.

When finger rolling at great speeds, this scripts registers all space hits whilst a normal person without perfect timing might lose a few inputs in the process because no keyboard is going to register a space on top of another unless using said script.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline StepS

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2013, 09:08 AM »
steps, u press 1st spacebar, u press 2nd spacebar then u press 1st spacebar again :D:D:D::DD no need to release any space!
no, you are not right, please find your phail yourself
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:10 AM by StepS »
[...]

Offline StepS

« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2013, 09:09 AM »
Remap X and C to space.

That's 2 space shots.
thanks captain, but the MI's post was about three space shots.
[...]

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2013, 09:31 AM »
Remap X and C to space.

That's 2 space shots.

?

I quoted you because you were struggling to understand how the script would benefit a 2 space user and somehow implied it would only work with 3.

I was making it clear for you. But clearly not clear enough for you.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2013, 09:57 AM »
ropa, you clearly don't pay attention to every word anyone says, ever, hence why you are dumbass and always will be.

Mixing up threads again buddy? The one were I talk about your qualities is that other one, this one is about KEY REMAPPING and that AHK script, a concept alien to you.

Please make a good use of the forum, after all, you could call it home.

PD: you're not trying to sound like me in that last phrase are you?
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2013, 10:05 AM »

I was trying to demonstrate the concept.
Either:
1) 3rd space: z, x, c, you can just drop your fingers in a row and press/hold those keys to make a shadow.
2) The release of the first space: your release of space this time is not the same as the natural way. It has less value since the timing we are talking about is ruined at that point.

@Komo, deleted your two last posts, you know why.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2013, 10:19 AM »
Fair enough lol, he's beneath me anyway, not worth a proper response.

Offline Breeze

« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2013, 10:26 AM »
He's above you.
Thoughts, Komo?