Forums
May 15, 2024, 02:04 PM

Author Topic: KEY REMAPPER  (Read 13054 times)

Offline TOMT

KEY REMAPPER
« on: April 29, 2013, 03:13 AM »
I did some private investigation! 80% of players use multiple spaces,in that I mean MULTIPLE space buttons, that they can press at the same time, so theres no delay between your 2 fingers when tapping! With some sneaky tactics I found this out. I don't know about ANY schemes this actually improves your skill in, so why not make it legal on TUS? It really grinds my gears to watch players use it, when I actually spent some times learning to rope the "real" way, and the reason for that is only that it's considered cheating here on TUS, and TUS is the official platform for playing WA games. If it was ok to use this kind of software I wouldn't care, and noone else could say anything about it... Maybe I'd even start to use those programs and improve my roping more, as then it wouldnt be "unfair". Seriously though

Offline avirex

Re: KEY REMAPPER
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 03:31 AM »
i dont understand... if you dont know any schemes that it improves your skill in, why do you want to use it??

TOMT, if you have some method to detect this shit, you should let us know, start giving evidence of those who use it...

be active to prevent it, not support it.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 03:55 AM »
I did some private investigation! 80% of players use multiple spaces

80% of freestyle ropers? Probably. Freestlye roping communities are most concerned about the cool stuff they can do on rope. Unfortunately this has made them use programs like xSpeed and key remappers. Maybe the intentions were pure at first but it turned out as a bad habbit. For example xSpeed was probably used as something to help freestylers to see more possibilities, but it turned out as a cheating source.

TUS competitions are about having skills, that's why we care how a player manages to pull something off.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TOMT

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 04:42 AM »

TOMT, if you have some method to detect this shit, you should let us know, start giving evidence of those who use it...

If I knew how to decode a replay I'd be able to, for example see a minimum time delay between keys pressed repeated many times from a player which would surely be the same many times but I'm not able to :( (I'm pretty sure some people on here can do that) what do you mean I support it, I just want it to be fair, I'm also pretty sure many of the "cheaters" don't even know they are breaking the rules(could be because of language/not reading on forums etc.), so IMO there are 3 ways, either make sure everyone are aware of this(impossible, just my opinion), someone decode replays when people submit new replays, or the 3rd way(best way IMO) - remove rules considering this!  :)

Offline Breeze

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 05:08 AM »
Who cares? :/

Offline Hussar

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 05:42 AM »

Offline Masta

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 06:53 AM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:36 PM by Masta »

Offline Hussar

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 07:01 AM »
ofc not, its just simply remapper, nothin more.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 07:20 AM »

80% of freestyle ropers? Probably. Freestlye roping communities are most concerned about the cool stuff they can do on rope. Unfortunately this has made them use programs like xSpeed and key remappers.

Lol. Numbers out of a hat.

For your information Xspeed began being a problem in TTRR challenges. And stopped being one shortly after it was proven to be detectable without error.

Key remappers have always been used to avoid keylocks, and are still generally used for that only reason.

Now, there's only two options. Sit here crying about being able to compete on a rope because others have unfair advantages, or actually get on roping until you can get good to compete on a rope.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Masta

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 07:25 AM »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 07:34 AM »
We never banned AHK program, but a certain behavior of scripts. Although the name of that topic is misleading, the first post clears the confusion.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Masta

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 07:53 AM »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 08:33 AM »
Normal remap.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 08:34 AM »
Don't have AHK program here. If you press space/key and hold it, no other spaces/keys should work unless you release the first space first.

Offline Masta

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 09:17 AM »