Forums
May 16, 2024, 10:20 AM

Author Topic: KEY REMAPPER  (Read 13064 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: KEY REMAPPER
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 09:24 AM »
Lol me too, I don't even use fr or fingerroll or 100 spacebars or a £10,000 keyboard, 1 finger, 1 button, kb under £5 lol. :)

I do use left control as space though ! But surely that's fair :)

Offline Breeze

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 09:50 AM »
Cool story bro

Offline TOMT

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 01:21 PM »

80% of freestyle ropers? Probably. Freestlye roping communities are most concerned about the cool stuff they can do on rope. Unfortunately this has made them use programs like xSpeed and key remappers.

Lol. Numbers out of a hat.

For your information Xspeed began being a problem in TTRR challenges. And stopped being one shortly after it was proven to be detectable without error.

Key remappers have always been used to avoid keylocks, and are still generally used for that only reason.

Now, there's only two options. Sit here crying about being able to compete on a rope because others have unfair advantages, or actually get on roping until you can get good to compete on a rope.
Not sure if you meant me or MI, but I'm not sitting and crying, just asking questions...

Offline avirex

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 01:56 PM »
dont worry TOMT, ropa does not even know what hes talking about in this topic...

hes just an oldschool guy, who still feels the need to be accepted.

Offline rU`

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 06:36 PM »
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 07:00 PM »
Berria's ahk script is considered a cheat, you can register another space tap without letting go of the second key. It's not 'a simple remapper', Berria, AHK used like this changes the behaviour of the game. Here is the script used:

Code: [Select]
#IfWinActive ahk_class Worms2D

~PgDn::Suspend, On
~PgUp::Suspend, off

Capslock::F8
a::Space
s::Space

Offline StepS

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 07:05 PM »
this is the exact reason why I will not ever release the updated wkKeyRemap. if such ridiculous "rules" didn't exist, there would be no problem. now we have to write platinum crutches to the already working code in order to satisfy your "needs", which is something beyond the initial inspiration for the module creation (in order to block a key, there have to be more deep researches done, and that isn't possible because Kawoosh simply won't want to look into it). note that wkKeyRemap uses native W:A's keyboard code, without anything external, which is why it only works during the gameplay without affecting chat, and doesn't depend on anything besides W:A. in fact, if WA ever had a built-in remapper, it would be internally 80% similar to the one implemented in wkKeyRemap.

if out of sudden there pops up a desire to keep the module's development, then the module will be released and everyone will be happy, otherwise no, no way. or, you can actually make your own... the keyboard functions in W:A aren't as hard, an average reverse engineer will be able to manipulate them to his will.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:16 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Hussar

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 07:08 PM »
come on ..... its just remaped "a" and "s" key to space , and caps lock as F8. 

if this is cheat just gimme other simply program for key remap coz all which i tryed didnt worked well.

And explain ofcorse what is wrong with it... and plz someone who is competentive write post and to judge it.

Offline angus

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 09:15 PM »
We already had a debate about AHK, remeber when everyone was crying about zippo and sm0k taps?
They were using that script in blatant way, playing in that way makes you 2 advantages:
More roping safe/accuracy and more speed.

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/announcements/using-autohotkey-is-considered-as-a-cheat-9118/

Offline avirex

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 11:04 PM »
berria, remapping your keys, and using 2 keys for space is fine...

but what that program does, is allows you to press your other space key, while another is still held down...  it defies the true mechanics of the game how it was meant to be...

anyone with half a brain should understand that, not sure why steps is making light of it.. for such a smart guy, hes being pretty dumb atm :D

berria, the program i use for remapp is intes keychange..

ps: let the flames begin ;D

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 12:36 AM »
Berria's ahk script is considered a cheat, you can register another space tap without letting go of the second key. It's not 'a simple remapper', Berria, AHK used like this changes the behaviour of the game. Here is the script used:

Code: [Select]
#IfWinActive ahk_class Worms2D

~PgDn::Suspend, On
~PgUp::Suspend, off

Capslock::F8
a::Space
s::Space

Not its not.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 05:41 AM »
Some people here don't understand what they are talking about... Did they even try Berria's script? It doesn't allow to press 2nd space if the first one is being held.

Some time ago Kaleu posted (or maybe some1 else) another script, it was more complicated, and it was banned and deleted from tus. Maybe some1 still use it, you will never know, like you will never know who make special marks on his screen to pwn in bng...

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Hussar

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 07:05 AM »
Avi u are wrong, this is simply remaper and then easiest script writed to do it. It doesnt make any better roping or something.

just posted it for ppl who are searching program for key remaping which is easy to use.

AHK its program which can be use wrong ofc, but u need to write f@#!in long script and u need to know something about programming propablly.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:15 AM by Berria »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 07:07 AM »
Just f@#!ing let everyone use the damn thing, then EVERYONE has an equal chance !!! Who gives a flying f@#! if some people think it's cheating, just make it legal, and everyone can do it, and plus, roping would look better, people would BE better, that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

It's like people holding back science(and hence the progress of mankind) because of religious beliefs, it's f@#!ing retarded...

Offline Free

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 08:47 AM »
Just f@#!ing let everyone use the damn thing, then EVERYONE has an equal chance !!! Who gives a flying f@#! if some people think it's cheating, just make it legal, and everyone can do it, and plus, roping would look better, people would BE better, that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

It's like people holding back science(and hence the progress of mankind) because of religious beliefs, it's f@#!ing retarded...

Aaand here we go xD