Forums
May 16, 2024, 04:09 AM

Author Topic: KEY REMAPPER  (Read 13063 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: KEY REMAPPER
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 09:01 AM »
Seriously? What is it with you clowns?? I am NOT the ONLY person to speak his mind in these forums, there are MANY others, stop singling me out for no valid reason get a f@#!ing life lol, or at least an opinion of your own.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 09:33 AM »
Some people here don't understand what they are talking about... Did they even try Berria's script? It doesn't allow to press 2nd space if the first one is being held.

Some time ago Kaleu posted (or maybe some1 else) another script, it was more complicated, and it was banned and deleted from tus. Maybe some1 still use it, you will never know, like you will never know who make special marks on his screen to pwn in bng...

Open notepad (too see that you can register additional tap without letting go off the key) or just tap the AHK icon to see the lines executed. I don't know what changed, but it doesn't seem to be working in worms anymore. Maybe it's the worms version, maybe it's the AHK, but it used to work on a vanilla script, not a fancy one too. It used to work EXACTLY like steps's wk module.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 09:36 AM by van »

Offline Ryan

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2013, 09:35 AM »
Just f@#!ing let everyone use the damn thing, then EVERYONE has an equal chance !!! Who gives a flying f@#! if some people think it's cheating, just make it legal, and everyone can do it, and plus, roping would look better, people would BE better, that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

It's like people holding back science(and hence the progress of mankind) because of religious beliefs, it's f@#!ing retarded...

That's fine but opens up a can of worms (aha!) as to what is allowed and not allowed going forward.
We would again get to the point where we have a nasty xspeed scenario where people test the limits of what we consider legit.
Also, the way in which people are "better" is bad because the tool assists and takes away the purity/skill of the player.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 09:42 AM »
Good point Ryan, I honestly think the "ahk" being able to tap when you already have spacebar pressed, is fair, the player still needs incredible hand-eye coordination & an extreme passion for being as good as they can possibly be !

However, Xspeed, is pretty lame, that's the thing that slows it down or something right?

Offline Ryan

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2013, 10:01 AM »
Yeah, xspeed allows you to play the game in slow motion. As you can imagine it makes it far easier for you to rope because you have far more time to achieve perfect timing for any rope moves.

The problem with AHK is that it takes remapping to a further level.
Whilst a remapper is a substitute for, say key lock, by simply swapping keys, ahk takes it to a new level by allowing you to not worry about releasing space to tap again which takes away the co-ordination of your fingers. Takes away from the skill of finger rolling.

It is a small step, but it is a step.

Offline avirex

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 12:59 PM »
berria, if all your program does is remap, then sorry... i was just basing what i said off van being so confident that it was a cheat

simply remapping your keys is not cheating.

remapping your keys, and changing the original mechanics of the games, is.

but.... komo says it should be legal, lets all hear what he has to say some more.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2013, 01:45 PM »
As far as I am concerned avi, if everyone is allowed to use it, the playing field is level, so whoopdee doo - it makes the impossible possible, I personally would find ropers/ttrr etc more fun/interesting to both play & watch.

It'll never happen, least I don't think, but I still think it'd be nice lol, surely i'm allowed to dream :D

Offline Hussar

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2013, 02:08 PM »
am roping normally on it just like with one space, diffrence is only for me then there are 2 tiny keys insted of long and not correct spacebar,
i can find another remaper if its needed, so i rly dont care.

Offline Free

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2013, 02:45 PM »
Everyone doesn't fr.
Not everyone would have the information about this.
If we would start allowing programs/scripts to change the original mechanics, where do you draw the line because in your opinion if it makes the game "look cooler" its ok.

I like ur enthusiasm Komo, but you should also learn to think about things from multiple angles and not justify all ridicilous statements just because "its your opinion"

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2013, 02:56 PM »
Indeed Free, and your 2nd sentence is the killer for me lol.

I'd just like to see people like Mablak/Anubis/OrangE/Franz etc do warmers with this 2 spaces at once thing lol. I'd probably be useless at it myself tbh.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2013, 05:29 PM »
But then everyone would need to learn fingerroll and rope on at least 2 spaces because you can't benefit from that otherwise I think. I don't even know if franz can fingerroll tbh.

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2013, 06:29 PM »
Why stop at two spacebars? We each have at least 8 usable fingers that could be employed to "fingerroll" on a spacebar of their own. Someone make a script that remaps all four arrow keys to space too! We won't even need carefully crafted roping maps anymore, just a ceiling to tap into and a taps per second counter. It'll be like the good old WWP days all over again!

Offline Anubis

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2013, 07:10 PM »
Aw man now you are making a mockery out of Komodos proposal.

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2013, 07:16 PM »
I hope you guys don't mind I rope using gaming driving wheel  :-[.

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2013, 07:28 PM »
Why not define an area of the keyboard, a square if you will, turn all keys into spaces. Then we can hit keyboard with all our fingers or even palm of our hand. You know like playing tumba. Won't that be awesome? If people see us roping, they would see us hitting our keyboard like tomba. I think that brings a great deal of activity. Also CyberShadow could code some music notes for each hit, so that we could actually make some music too!
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.