Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:46 PM

Author Topic: Limited girders in T17  (Read 6253 times)

Limited girders in T17
« on: November 24, 2009, 12:25 AM »

Now situations like these are examples why girders need to be unlimited.

I find that the only argument for limited girders in T17 is "stop blocking me".

T17 is like chess, in that you can either attack, move, or block.

Restriciting girders limits the amount of times you can choose to block, not good!
worm and learn

Offline beer

Re: Limited girders in T17
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 03:17 AM »
unlimited ftw yea!

drama queen iz back

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 03:33 AM »
I agree, I vote for unlimited!
Let's make a poll !!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 01:01 PM by THeDoGG »

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 04:17 AM »
yeh, pls make a poll and attach it here, i dont know how!
worm and learn

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 04:52 AM »
Agreed..unlimited.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 08:28 AM »
Lol, whatever. I don't use TUS schemes. ;o

Offline Ray

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 10:03 AM »
Anybody who agreed on playing unlimited version, They can.

We already had a discussion about this, check out the topic I quoted from. :)

And as Monkey said: you play the scheme you want, either the unlimited version or the limited, it's up to you.

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 01:30 PM »
unlimited.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 01:37 PM »
I find that the only argument for limited girders in T17 is "stop blocking me".

You named the most relevant argument for limited girders right there. Theoretically you could simply draw a game by blocking your opponent in every single turn.
I had a game vs Uzurpator yesterday (girders limited to 7) where i had to block him hard at the end and i was rly short on girders with my last worm and it was an absolute thriller! If i had had infinite girder in that game it would have been easy for me just to hold him off reaching me, but that way i had to decide on how many girders to spend to avoid him attacking me.
Im also a guy that usually sticks to conserve the way the schemes have been played since years but in this case i think it really benefits the gameplay.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 07:53 PM »
I disagree you can draw a game by blocking everyturn. You won't cause any damage and allow me to pick up more sd weapons, eventully you'll pick up weapons to attack with aswell and choose not to block.

I agree with umlimited griders for t17.

I also think the tus scheme has been editted. Me and crazy has noticed a difference on the cr8s and seems like you get ALOT of stronger weapons compared to FB scheme where there was medium strength and weaker weapons. Seems alot of games turn into 'attack attack attack'

Id really like TuS to just adopt the FB scheme as it has the right balance of cr8s and umlimited griders.

Offline Ray

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 10:11 AM »
Tell me guys, was the FB Team17 scheme different than those existing before it? For instance the very first T17 scheme?

And how about those arguments that came when those changes were made to the scheme which basically created FB scheme?

To be honest, I don't care that much about the T17 scheme, so I leave this debate for you guys, you are a lot more experienced in the scheme and in the game too. I just wanted to point out that changes were made also before the arrival of TUS, and it always splits the community. And maybe we should not stick to FB schemes that much, we shouldn't compare, we should create what's the best for everyone instead.

If that is FB scheme, then be it. :)

Offline chakkman

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 02:44 PM »
Weird, i actually thought the TUS scheme was less "Boom boom" than the FB scheme... you get a lot of nanas and super weapons on the FB scheme. Thing i noticed was the lack of sudden death weapons in the TUS scheme, it seems to me that you get less on it than on the FB one, so i sticked to that.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 03:02 PM »
Weird, i actually thought the TUS scheme was less "Boom boom" than the FB scheme... you get a lot of nanas and super weapons on the FB scheme. Thing i noticed was the lack of sudden death weapons in the TUS scheme, it seems to me that you get less on it than on the FB one, so i sticked to that.

Yes same here. less "Boom boom" here too. xD
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 03:09 PM »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 06:09 PM »
FB scheme was different from T17 league channel scheme as it didnt feature 1 worm select.

1 worm select was slowly removed from the scheme. All cr8s stayed the same etc, just this change i think.

worm select was cool because it gave you an option against a 1 vs 4 worm piling/grider block war.

But i feel the new cr8 chances on tus are some what lacking to old!