Forums
April 26, 2024, 11:48 PM

Author Topic: Matchmaking  (Read 5882 times)

Offline Husk

Re: Matchmaking
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 05:38 AM »
yeah, no more 1000x "tus any1" in ag just to find 1 opponent

Offline Madden

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2013, 07:37 PM »
Bump for brilliant idea. Any plans for this?
[NAiL`bOr] if u see me
[NAiL`bOr] ur gonna think im f@#!in weird man

Offline NiCo`

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2013, 04:53 AM »
Now I im vacations , i can playing with all players hehe :D

Offline HHC

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2013, 12:23 PM »
I agree, I really want this feature.

Especially if you can get the matchmaker to select a scheme for you. I always end up playing the same schemes with the same players with this picking system.

Offline StepS

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2013, 05:41 PM »
yes, also wa:// links, the website would host a game for you and offer you to click on your WA link to open WA.EXE to host the game with the needed parameters (not compatible with WormNAT2 !)
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Crazy

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2013, 07:27 PM »
That sounds sweet Steps.. I'm corcerned however that it would encourage more noobashing, people like chelsea for instance could pick among which opponent he would like to play. The feature would have be random imo; you don't know to what player you agree to play versus. Would actually be kind of exciting entering the link, who am I playing this time? :D

My other concern is that it would lead to less activity on WN. We would be kind of distancing ourselves from AG, wouldn't we?

Offline avirex

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2013, 01:30 AM »
chels would find a way to noob bash no matter what we do!

Offline Husk

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2013, 03:39 PM »
The feature would have be random imo; you don't know to what player you agree to play versus. Would actually be kind of exciting entering the link, who am I playing this time? :D

this would be exciting =P

oh and I agree with the concern

Offline Peja

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2013, 05:27 PM »
allow only matchmaking, force up  4 schemes each tus classic game (2 rope 2 default), disallow any scheme agreement ,disable all the useless shitleagues (leave trl with a default roatation of x schemes), reset all stats. stop to lick the ass of people who only want to play a certain scheme or you create another 20 xrayez who have a life long passion to add weapons and rules to hysteria. ae the komo is strong in me  ;D

Offline Korydex

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2014, 06:56 AM »
f@#! it
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 01:42 PM by Korydex »

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2014, 10:23 AM »
allow only matchmaking, force up  4 schemes each tus classic game (2 rope 2 default), disallow any scheme agreement ,disable all the useless shitleagues (leave trl with a default roatation of x schemes), reset all stats. stop to lick the ass of people who only want to play a certain scheme or you create another 20 xrayez who have a life long passion to add weapons and rules to hysteria. ae the komo is strong in me  ;D

Wow, Peja respects and likes me recently  :D

I was going to be inactive, but if you implement this feature... oHohoho  ;) I would throw aerial scheme in Free league, and I would start playing classic league without any chance being  intentionally noobashed in ttrr, and without no side-thoughts about to noob-bash others in hysteria  :)

+ People would start playing BnG xD

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2014, 01:39 PM »
Does it matter if you suck in a certain scheme. Once you lose enough times you lose not many points anymore. Match making would be fun as long as you are locked into the match and quitting just because you don't like the scheme or opponent resulted in a free win.

Offline Husk

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2014, 05:33 PM »
I agree, I really want this feature.

Especially if you can get the matchmaker to select a scheme for you. I always end up playing the same schemes with the same players with this picking system.

this +1

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2014, 03:25 PM »
This is a wonderful idea. I'm all for it and I think it would make the game much, much better and bring more people to the competitive scene. It has be done right, of course. Else it will fail like some might expect it to so I think it's important to keep the development very open for community input.

I'd gladly help if help is needed.
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Husk

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2017, 10:40 AM »
havn't been to tus lately, this idea got any spark recently?