Do you want to have more schemes?

Yes.
12 (30%)
No.
19 (47.5%)
I don't care.
9 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: More 'Schemes'?  (Read 10996 times)

Offline DENnis

More 'Schemes'?
« on: October 23, 2010, 05:02 PM »
Hey TUS-friends! 

Do you also want to have more possibilities what you can pick for tus/clanner-games, too?

At all Information (https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/) I read this schemes are possible right now:

•Classic league:

◦BnG
◦Elite
◦Hysteria
◦Roper
◦Shopper
◦Team17
◦TTRR (no RR or big RR)
◦WxW
•TNL: (TUS Normal League)

◦Only the Intermediate scheme
•Free league:

◦Boom Race
◦Bungee Race
◦Capture The Flag
◦Forts
◦Holy War
◦Jetpack Race
◦Mine Madness
◦Mole Shopper
◦Parachute Race
◦Super Sheep Race
◦Walk For Weapons

My idea is to add more 'schemes'/Game-Styles (for example to free-league).

For example:

◦PlopWar
◦Tower/Big Rope Race
◦Podshopper
◦Chambershopper
◦Flyshopper
Surfshopper  :-*
◦Golf

◦Own Schemes/Other

Okay ... discuss if you want  :D

Best Regards

DENnis

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: More 'Schemes'?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 05:17 PM »
I agree with plopwar and tower. But I guess we can report all those shopper under "shopper". golf and own schemes shouldn't be here, because they would create mess.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline angus

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 05:49 PM »
why not delete hysteria?

Offline CMV

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 05:49 PM »
imo golf would be a great idea, and it's not messy at all. the grenade is either in the hole or not in the hole, and it actually shows some skills. ideal scheme for free league games.
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline chakkman

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 05:53 PM »
why not delete hysteria?

+1

Sorry but with so much talk about lameness/luck involved in other schemes hysteria simply has no right to exist along with schemes in which we tried to minimize the luck factor as much as possible imo. Hysteria would be good for free league though alongside with the other schemes in it. Fits better there.

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 05:55 PM »
why not delete hysteria?

+1

Sorry but with so much talk about lameness/luck involved in other schemes hysteria simply has no right to exist along with schemes in which we tried to minimize the luck factor as much as possible imo. Hysteria would be good for free league though alongside with the other schemes in it. Fits better there.
I used to be on the same opinion, but playing with SPW and Random... well, that's no luck that they beat me 20 times out of 20... :P

Give that scheme a little time, I used to hate it too, neither do I like it at the moment, but I say it fits into Classic League.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Yeah, didn't want to say it's all luck based, still there's so many lame moves, if you would play bng you would say OMG LAMEST SHIT EVER!!

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 06:02 PM »
Yes, I have to admin, that's true. But the more experience you gain in the scheme, the better techniques you will absorb to avoid your opponent being able to pull off those lame moves.

Offline CMV

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 06:16 PM »
Exactly what do you call "lame moves" in hysteria? There are few more balanced schemes than that. (And don't come up with the "side zooking spots", as it's very easy to avoid)
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 06:17 PM »
There's less luck in hysteria than in T17 (only the starting positions, really)

And if you want to reduce lameness (which I'm guessing refers to abusing turn order), I'm again suggesting random turn order in hysteria.
random turn order doesn't make abusing turn order impossible, but it would at least make it harder to do so.
Also, 10 seconds sd time is too much. Losing a turn almost never happens anymore and having to lose 10 turns in order to set off sd is just too much. I think 5 seconds would be better, personally :)

Offline CMV

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 06:21 PM »
"random turn order doesn't make abusing turn order impossible, but it would at least make it harder to do so."
Huh? Imo it would make abusing turn order impossible, unless you can predict what's the game engine going to throw at you next. Every tactic has its counter-tactic in hysteria, and that's what we love about it <3
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline CMV

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 06:25 PM »
Back to the topic, I'd also love to have wkrubber schemes reportable (for example, a ttrr with antisink, chaos, rubber mole, etc.)
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 06:30 PM »
"random turn order doesn't make abusing turn order impossible, but it would at least make it harder to do so."
Huh? Imo it would make abusing turn order impossible, unless you can predict what's the game engine going to throw at you next. Every tactic has its counter-tactic in hysteria, and that's what we love about it <3

Nope, just harder. Random turn order doesn't mean completely random turn order: if you have 4 worms, that means every worm will have its turn in the next 4 turns, but the order is random. In short: if there are 4 worms on your opponent's team and worm 1 has 2 turns in a row, that means worm 1 will not have another turn for at least 3 turns.

Also, losing a worm is not a tactic (unless you telecide), it's just you losing to your opponent. I don't think it should be rewarded by making turn abuse as easy as it is now.

Offline CMV

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 06:37 PM »

Nope, just harder. Random turn order doesn't mean completely random turn order: if you have 4 worms, that means every worm will have its turn in the next 4 turns, but the order is random. In short: if there are 4 worms on your opponent's team and worm 1 has 2 turns in a row, that means worm 1 will not have another turn for at least 3 turns.

Also, losing a worm is not a tactic (unless you telecide), it's just you losing to your opponent. I don't think it should be rewarded by making turn abuse as easy as it is now.

Alright, now let us find someone who can actually play with this in mind, keep track of which of the 4 worms had come before... Random worm selection would technically limit turn abusing ability to those whose IQ is above 150 (I personally would forget which of my worms had already had their turn after 10 turns of playing, with everything else going on in the game...)
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline chakkman

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Isn't it completely random?  :o