Forums
April 30, 2024, 07:36 AM

Author Topic: Newbie: Old Worms2 B&G  (Read 551 times)

Offline Kevio

Newbie: Old Worms2 B&G
« on: March 31, 2024, 03:20 PM »
Hi there,

First off, I love the aesthetic of this site. It brings me back to the old forums and clan sites of Worms2, it's glorious.

I played W2 on Case's Ladder for BnG and I would say that being a gamer dad in my 40th year, this was the highlight of my gaming life. I loved artillery mode, Cups1, I loved the pace of the whole thing. I was so in love with it I could get back into it in a heart beat.

I'm perusing through this forum and the game/config/setup of my childhood doesn't seem to fit your schemes, which is fine the world wasn't built for me. I had W:A but W2 survived long into Armageddon being a game and I didn't bother to transition at the time.

I just wonder where should I start to put my time in if I:

• Don't want anything to do with roping
  • Want a slower game mode

I think you guys are awesome, and if I posted in the wrong spot I apologize.

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Newbie: Old Worms2 B&G
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2024, 06:50 PM »
Hi there,

First off, I love the aesthetic of this site. It brings me back to the old forums and clan sites of Worms2, it's glorious.

I played W2 on Case's Ladder for BnG and I would say that being a gamer dad in my 40th year, this was the highlight of my gaming life. I loved artillery mode, Cups1, I loved the pace of the whole thing. I was so in love with it I could get back into it in a heart beat.

I'm perusing through this forum and the game/config/setup of my childhood doesn't seem to fit your schemes, which is fine the world wasn't built for me. I had W:A but W2 survived long into Armageddon being a game and I didn't bother to transition at the time.

I think you guys are awesome, and if I posted in the wrong spot I apologize.

Hey Kevio, welcome!

If you're looking for BnG, I can help get you started! It's my favourite scheme also!

1st of all, BnG has changed a lot since your time! TUS has a fairly strict set of rules for playing BnG at a highly competitive level.

We've just finished an Artillery based event with some small cash prizes called Academy of Artiller #2 which consists of 5 different artillery based schemes, there will be a 3rd, but next year now!

You can check out The AoA#2 Cup here:

https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-1229/ - You can browse replays to get an idea of the quality of current competition and schemes.

There is also another variation of BnG we're been testing and enjoying recently called No Rules BnG, we're hosting a Cup right now and we're currently in the Playoffs:

https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-1235/ - You can browse replays here as well.

We are also testing another variation of BnG called "BnG Akimbo" which features the ability to take 2 shots at a time, if you're interested you can find some of us, myself included, to play BnG on the CWA Discord.

Grenade Wars is another scheme you may enjoy if you were a fan of BnG specifically, we had a Cup last year with Grenade Wars, again, you can read up on that and find replays to watch here:

https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-1192/

There will be another Grenade Wars Cup hosted soon, #2.

If you're interested in quality competitive Worms Armageddon, I run a stream over on Twitch and also part of a Discord community called Competitive Worms Armageddon - CWA for short.

You can follow / join these at the following:

CWA Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/WormsArmageddonCWA

CWA Discord - https://discord.gg/Ytjfr4myyx

It's also worth noting, if you are unaware, Worms Armageddon is receiving updates still to this day, and we just did a CWA Podcast episode live on stream a few days ago with one of the official developers, Deadcode. If you are interested, you can watch that on YouTube here:

Anything else you need to know, feel free to ask!

Offline Sensei

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 07:54 PM »
Lol :)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2024, 08:16 PM »
Welcome friend!
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2024, 08:19 PM »
every time a new potential player appears on the horizon, we gonna circle like vultures around em and make them decide which of the 30 WA related discord server or hosted competition they should join primarily :-*

its a nice strategy.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2024, 09:15 PM »
Sensei and Lupastic, what is your problem?

Would you rather us ignore people or tell them to go away when they come here asking for advice?

They specifically asked for non-roping related content and said they were really into BnG, so I showed them some Artillery stuff that's been happening recently that's been quite popular with a lot of friendly and skilled players.

It's partially what gaming forums are for...

Offline Sensei

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2024, 09:30 PM »
Sensei and Lupastic, what is your problem?

Problem? I didn't even say anything.  ???

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2024, 09:31 PM »
Problem? I didn't even say anything.  ???

Lol :)

Why are you laughing? What's so funny about coming onto a gaming forum to ask for help and/or helping people who are asking questions about specific subjects?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2024, 11:17 PM »
Why are you laughing? What's so funny about coming onto a gaming forum to ask for help and/or helping people who are asking questions about specific subjects?

Your approach and that whole post just felt funny when I saw it. Never even said/meant anything was right or wrong. Don't know why are you trying to get in fight with me over 3 letters.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2024, 12:36 AM »

I recommend playing TTL (Island Team17) which is one of the most fun strategical schemes that are currently being played competitively a lot these years.

I recommend Intermediate, because it's a classic. People play the CWT/ONL scheme usually.

I recommend playing Forts specially for funners.

Mole Shopper is played a lot too. You might like this scheme, but there are many people that don't like it. Probably one of the most controversial schemes of WA.

I recommend Supersheeper, because it's fun and it is amazing to train the super sheep control. Either newbies or pros like it.

I recommend Mine Madness or BnA if you want to have fun.

You might like to play Boom Race with the old scheme (single shot mode). Although people prefer the new scheme with Weapons Use Doesn't End Turn. Although that turns the game a lot more fast paced.

If you like BnG, you should definitely play Grenade Wars. It's being played a lot lately, even competitively and it is way more closer to W2 BnG than WA BnG. Not to say it's way more fun to play than WA BnG.

You might wanna try Bungee Race, Battle Race too.

All of these examples are slow schemes.

Hysteria is not so slow due to the turn time and key combos, but if you enjoy BnG, you should definitely play Hysteria. Great chance to fall in love for this scheme. And Aerial is similar to it. You should try too.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 12:44 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2024, 12:51 AM »
Truly grenade wars is the closest approximation of w2 bng, as modern bng is quite different than case's ladder bng

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2024, 01:56 AM »
Your approach and that whole post just felt funny when I saw it. Never even said/meant anything was right or wrong. Don't know why are you trying to get in fight with me over 3 letters.

Just pointing out how rude you are.

Thanks for clarification.

Offline Kevio

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2024, 09:29 PM »
 :)

Thanks people! I now have a couple options to pick from. Much appreciated.