Forums
April 27, 2024, 04:24 AM

Author Topic: Official TUS cups  (Read 1052 times)

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
Official TUS cups
« on: May 07, 2013, 03:31 AM »
So here's the thing - we're not taking advantage of the home page, cups and tourneys' potential at all. But let's start with the cups and what they're truly missing. My idea:
TUS official cups:
- promoted on the home page,
- highlighted on the cup list,
- trustworthy and strict moderators,
- separate TUS cup ranking to boost their importance,
- scheme rotation every 2 months,
- hall of glory listing previous winners,
- fancy medals, etc.

Seriously, why aren't they a thing yet? Our community loves competition and right now winning a cup is completely insignificant, unprestigious and forgotten after a week. Wasted potential.

Remember that not everyone reads forums and majority of those who do just skims through it. Right column on the home page is designated to promote smaller things and it's working extremely well. (a recent example would be this game: https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/game-140785/ which got +200 downloads solely because of the home page) So we should stick to this kind of marketing, since it's obviously doing its job.
------------------

Consider the following part separately: So my idea would be to have 2 official TUS cups running simultaneously, every 2 (3?) months. One for the classic schemes and one for less popular ones, (with an in-depth explanation of the scheme) both of which would count into the same ranking, encouraging people to try new schemes.
I agree with Dulek in the other thread and I think that TRL should focus on popular schemes, since it doesn't actually promote anything else (just take a look at kaos/inter seasons)

tl;dr Stamp some of the cups with a big fat TUS logo.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:50 PM by van »

Re: Official TUS cups
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 03:35 AM »
vgj

very good idea  ;)

Offline Korydex

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 05:16 AM »
asdasdasd
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:35 PM by Korydex »

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 10:21 AM »
Would be nice yeah.

Cups are kinda ignored atm by the really good players. Perhaps this would bring them back  ::)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 10:23 AM »
Yeah this is a really great idea, i'd like to MOD a few if possible as well  ;D

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 06:44 AM »
I also don't think that finding mods and/or handling the whole thing would be a problem. There's a bunch of schemes in free league that deserve recognition, but obviously people could apply to get their schemes promoted etc. Something along the lines what WSC http://wsc.wmdb.org/ tried to do at one point, but with a more direct approach. But again, this is merely a secondary idea.

First thing to do would be to get the ball rolling with the official cups (classic schemes) and ranking. I honestly can't see a single downside to it.