May 01, 2024, 09:47 AM

Author Topic: -REL-  (Read 1725 times)

Offline avirex

-REL-
« on: August 31, 2011, 06:17 AM »
i been thinking... *gasp*

i think alot of people might enjoy this idea, we will soon find out though ;p

a REL-Ropers&Elite League

you have to play both, 1roper and 1elite... just like oldschool days when thats about all we played... (more roper) but alot of elites too... not many people played t17, bng, shoppa, (ttrr a bit but not as often as today) and hyst was not even an option :D

it would be cool to make it a DoN (double or nothing) league as well, so your going to get either 2 wins, 2 losses.... or break even...

we could try it just like the good old days, game limit of 50, and no points involved (i know, there will be newb bashers) but screw em!

most leagues seperated from classic only do well with singles, not many people play clanners with the other leagues.. (TRL, TEL, Free)

but i think REL would have alot of people interested, and would even be active on clanners..

im hoping others think its a good idea, because i would love to see this take place :D

im also open to ideas and suggestions.... no don, no limit, points.. whatever... what does everyone think??

ps: what ever happen to alias clans? :X

Offline avirex

Re: -REL-
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 04:57 PM »
FAiL? ;D

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 06:21 PM »
xD kinda yeh

Its all well having ideas, but MI isnt a magician (maybe a dark wizard), he cant magic up all these grand ideas overnight.

I had a similar pipe dream ages ago, for a league where each game was 1 elite and 1 ttrr. Pure default and pure rope, would be fun!

If this was to ever happen I think it would be best if it was its own site, TUS has enough choices of leagues already (I still think there should be a permanent ttrr league).

I was thinking about a rule that forces clans to use the same 2 players for both picks, then we'd really see who the all rounders are.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:28 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 06:46 PM »
Very nice idea xerivA, if TUS members agree, i think it will be much played !

xD kinda yeh

Its all well having ideas, but MI isnt a magician (maybe a dark wizard), he cant magic up all these grand ideas overnight.

I had a similar pipe dream ages ago, for a league where each game was 1 elite and 1 ttrr. Pure default and pure rope, would be fun!

If this was to ever happen I think it would be best if it was its own site, TUS has enough choices of leagues already (I still think there should be a permanent ttrr league).

I was thinking about a rule that forces clans to use the same 2 players for both picks, then we'd really see who the all rounders are.

¹ I totally agree. :)

² Perhaps the most community members does not accept, because after all every clan member wants to play, if more than 2 online, but you mean this rule for this league idea ?
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Husk

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:40 PM »
² Perhaps the most community members does not accept, because after all every clan member wants to play, if more than 2 online, but you mean this rule for this league idea ?

good point [-8

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 09:24 PM »
Perhaps the most community members does not accept, because after all every clan member wants to play, if more than 2 online, but you mean this rule for this league idea ?

lol, I dont expect this rule to be made... just as I dont expect rel to be made.

I mean that rule as a general rule, its annoying when you pick a scheme and then u gotta wait for the clan to get hold of their best scheme players. Its kinda.. pussy.. only playing when you have your best players at hand, annoying too.
worm and learn

Offline avirex

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 04:00 AM »
im pretty sure MonkeyIsland wants to make the site as best as possible, so any new addition to leagues aslong as its going to be popular i think monkeyisland would be glad to code (he does not have to be a magician)

its funny when people say (i wont mention names) "tus has enough"

MonkeyIslands goal was to make this league the best and most features... he has done that and then some... but correct me if im wrong, he wants to, and is willing to do more.. and whatever is going to make the community happy...

we already have a strictly ttrr league... its the ttrr challenge, how come you dont participate nail??? you would be good at it.

anyway, i just thought a league based on the 2 mains schemes of w:a would be interesting... and if each time a new idea came up, and people just said "nah, tus has enough... MI is not a magician, cant expect him to code that" then this site would not have tournaments, cups, ttrr challenges, TEL, TRL, and more....

but if my idea was a fail, it was a fail... np, gg -1 avirex xDd

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 01:34 PM »
It was a fail m8, its too niche a concept and there is not a huge interest for it right now anyway.

There would be much more interext in TKL, Tus Kaos League.

Now kaos has been around on tus for some time I think more people realise that this scheme not only deserves its own league, it requires one. Its too individual to be part of the free league, especially when you see "tus kaos ne1?" more than "tus free ne1?" these days.

Cant go wrong with giving Kaos its own league on tus, the scheme is getting more and more popular as time goes by.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 01:40 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Husk

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 01:48 PM »
but doesn't kaos alrdy have its own league?

why don't we just make tus normal league and tus bng league aswell, f@#! onl and a2b?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 01:50 PM by Husk »

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 03:56 PM »
but doesn't kaos alrdy have its own league?

why don't we just make tus normal league and tus bng league aswell, f@#! onl and a2b?

Yes husk, but Kaos is also played on TUS. Also that league doesnt work like TUS does. Its not like ONL and b2b where you can just ask for a game whenever you like, you knew that yeh?

BnG has a2b/b2b and inter has ONL. These schemes are catered for, in the sense that you can play a competitive game with who you like when you like. Thats why I didnt propose a league for those schemes. The Kaos league doesnt work like that, not to say its not a good league, but it doesnt allow players to play when they like with who they like, this is the point pal.

I used to play in that league, did u play in it that league m8? Each player plays everyone twice per season. You cant just ask for a competitive Kaos game whenever you like, games are restricted, you need to register early and lots of other stuff. Thats why I propose TKL, for simple no nonsense competitive Kaos.

People want to be able to play a competitive game of Kaos whenever they like, with whoever they like, without having to register and faf about, with the benefits of the TUS system. Sure they can do that right now with the free league, but it makes much more sense just to give Kaos its own league on TUS. It isnt hard to do, Kaos is only going to get more popular and eventually TUS will have a kaos league anyway... so why not just do it now?

Again Ill say the scheme is too individual and too popular to be played as part of the free league. Its a stand alone scheme and deserves its own league... this seems very obvious to me. Im also certain that giving Kaos its own league will increase the number of kaos games played, there are many players (like me) who only want to play Kaos for the free league. Having its own league would encourage more activity and make for exciting seasons. The free league season is ridiculously long, this isnt good for kaos!

If it has its own league we also get to have Kaos playoffs... which is good. It seems so obvious to remove kaos from the free league and give its own league, for loads of reasons. I proposed this before and MI added kaos to the free league, its been the most played free league scheme... look how many Kaos game are played in comparison to other schemes: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/recent-free/?sort=time-down-3-singles these guys only play Kaos for the free league. Loads of people only ask for TUS kaos, if they get to free league POs (after a very long wait) they will probably pick kaos in the POs... it seems so obvious to give kaos its own league on tus!!!

It would definitely be good for kaos and good for tus... 100%

Man just click through the pages of free league games and see how many Kaos games are played... come on MI, its time for TKL.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:58 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline avirex

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 04:48 PM »
you posted a link showing 15 games out of 20 played by alien :D

does this mean we should have a new league for kaos? or a new league for Alien? hauahuah

but seriously..... kaos should be in its own league, i agree (and dont play it)

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 04:55 PM »
you posted a link showing 15 games out of 20 played by alien :D

does this mean we should have a new league for kaos? or a new league for Alien? hauahuah

but seriously..... kaos should be in its own league, i agree (and dont play it)

good!

but avi, scroll through the other pages and ull see the same pattern, kaos games outnumber the other schemes and this is only one of many reasons to give Koas its own league.
worm and learn

Offline Husk

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 05:14 PM »
my apologies. I havn't played kaos league, I wasn't aware about such strict match setups. only people I've seen asking tus kaos in ag are Alien and soldier. I guess there's more of them, just havn't caught my eye.

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 05:21 PM »
m8 thats np, now you are aware x)

and ah ye m8, thats only people you saw? aw thats shame man, you should look on the recent games for free league and browse through the pages and u can see more people is playing it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 05:23 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 07:42 PM »
@NAiL,
In ANY recent games page, there's a 'jump to' select box to jump into an specific scheme. You don't need to browse to find Kaos games. (https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/recent-free/Kaos/)

Better to start a Kaos league thread than using avi's one.

@avi,
I'm following your thread to see where it goes. I am also following "roper league" to see where this hotness of Roper is coming from. The way I'm seeing it, w2 people are in love with roper actively on forums, but not so much in action. Anyway, next TRL scheme poll is up, lets see :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.