Forums
June 01, 2024, 12:48 AM

Author Topic: remove moderation  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Peja

remove moderation
« on: September 12, 2011, 12:39 AM »
imo the post moderation is not necassary to make people following the forum rules, its just unnecassary work for the mods who need to approve the posts.

without the moderation step, muting would directly follow after a an warning.
i cant see any disadvantages for possible victims because until your posts are approved people are mostly already talking about something else.

this would maybe change the green dot to an serious warning instead of beeing an status symbol for bad asses.

in fact i would like to have system where u get muted for quite a long time after you received an warning and and still do the same things like before.

a direct mute hmm, is quite impossible imo, cant tell any examples which deserve this. (maybe if you post some real ugly stuff like making jokes about zippos death brother)

im excited about your opinions

VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline TheWalrus

Re: remove moderation
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 03:27 AM »
I second this.

Offline Guaton

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 04:14 AM »
in fact i would like to have system where u get muted for quite a long time after you received an warning and and still do the same things like before.

this kinda is running already , atleast in shoutbox

i got banned cos i said "zippo"(when MI said " the next one who write zippo , will be banned from shoubox)  when zippo was in his best moment of trolling (ye , he deserved ppl make fun of him( not with stuff like that one about his brother tho )) for 2 weeks , and time after that, i got banned again cos i called sniper "cheater" and "fat" xD (which is completely true) i have been baned like 2 months or so , and im still banned

and if i get unbanned someday , ppl must be sure i wont change , im learning nothing , cos faggots like this 2 deserve to be humiliated

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 04:22 AM »
Respect is everything.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 05:31 AM »

i got banned cos i said "zippo"(when MI said " the next one who write zippo , will be banned from shoubox)  when zippo was in his best moment of trolling (ye , he deserved ppl make fun of him( not with stuff like that one about his brother tho )) for 2 weeks , and time after that, i got banned again cos i called sniper "cheater" and "fat" xD (which is completely true) i have been baned like 2 months or so , and im still banned

and if i get unbanned someday , ppl must be sure i wont change , im learning nothing , cos faggots like this 2 deserve to be humiliated

Wow I must be so unfair, poor Guaton :'(
If you need to humiliate these "faggots" do it on AG. These forums have seen enough of humiliations.

Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline avirex

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 12:40 PM »
test to see if i can post:  maybe since we vote on everything else.... when MI thinks someone deserves to be warned, moderated, muted, etc...

we have a special little vote... its like a court room, where we all are the jury!! haha now that would be so much fun...

Offline Guaton

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 12:48 PM »

i got banned cos i said "zippo"(when MI said " the next one who write zippo , will be banned from shoubox)  when zippo was in his best moment of trolling (ye , he deserved ppl make fun of him( not with stuff like that one about his brother tho )) for 2 weeks , and time after that, i got banned again cos i called sniper "cheater" and "fat" xD (which is completely true) i have been baned like 2 months or so , and im still banned

think whatever  u want

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 02:38 PM »

think whatever  u want
No soup for you! NEXT!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 08:50 PM »
I know I went too far with what I said to nail, I didn't deserve to be "moderated" I should have been "muted" for a week or something.

I am a concerned, I mean, logically, they should have muted me because, only 2/3 posts I have wrote out of about 40-50 have been checked, why have disciplinary procedure that isn't followed through with?

It said, and still says: "You Are Currently Under Post Moderation - Your Post Will Appear After Approval"

For starters, wtf is with all the caps lol, anyway, I feel like I haven't been moderated at all, I have been muted, if they were actually moderating me properly my apology to nail would have been approved within 1 day, it's been almost 2 weeks, and still nothing.

I know MI is busy, but it is silly to make rules that are not followed, if you don't have the time to actually moderate someone, just mute them, cuz that's what you done anyway mate.

When someone is muted/banned etc I think they should still be able to post in their private forums of their clan/community.

However, whoever checked and approved my PO post, thank you very much :)

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 08:31 PM »
my opinion about this is to mute peja and guaton!!

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 08:55 PM »
When someone is muted/banned etc I think they should still be able to post in their private forums of their clan/community.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. What's the point of mute/ban if there's hardly a consequence to it?

Offline JayX

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 10:06 PM »
To be fair I think if you are "under moderation" and the mods are too busy to get around to approving your posts because they are dealing with the true purpose of this site then that is just 1 more reason to not get moderated in the first place.

It's essentially part of the punishment, why would mods make priority to approving posts of known spammers/trolls etc when they have cups / leagues / challenges and so on to moderate.

Time is precious and running sites like this is time consuming.

Don't get put under moderation is the best solution :D

Offline nino

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 10:18 PM »
hauhauahuahuahauha
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline avirex

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 03:32 AM »
i think the moderation works good...  i enjoyed my stay there, and think mods did a good job while i was under moderation...

of course the posts will not be approved within a couple hours, maybe not even a day... they have better shit to do...

TUS FTW FOS4L

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 11:06 AM »

Gonna have to disagree with you there. What's the point of mute/ban if there's hardly a consequence to it?

No one can see anyone elses private forums or ever will, it's still obviously a punishment not being able to do anything in the main part, you get me?