Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:21 AM

Author Topic: Remove shopper out of the classic schemes  (Read 2645 times)

Re: Remove shopper out of the classic schemes
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 01:54 AM »
Shoppers were never about being able to use the rope well. Shoppers are about being efficient with the weaponry you get, it's about luring your opponent into attacking the wrong worm.

Of course bad luck can hit you at any time, but the same is true for any other scheme. Chicken mentions an excellent example; Guardian was the player with the highest shopper rating by far. If it were just a luck scheme, that would not be possible.

Offline darKz

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 04:18 AM »
Yeah, requesting to take Shopper out of the league schemes just implies that you're pissed off because you can't play it properly.
I'm a big fan of Shopper league- and tourney-games and I can still remember 2vs2 Shopper tourney finals vs Kiros and Fredalot, we had like 3 of those and all of them were thrillers. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Rok

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 09:30 AM »
yeah Monkey, I did a lot of mistakes, but did I play careful? No, from start I was completly bored, and I was tapping fast, completly useless, without chute etc.

That's your problem. Do you really expect everybody who enjoys playing shopper and (rightfully) thinks it's as skill based as practically all other league schemes will bow down to yet another of your angry rants?

Shopper stays.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:10 AM by Rok »
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Shopper is just a very enjoyable scheme. Of course not, when you make epic fails, or you just have bad lucks. But you need to make tactics too, if you want to win. Of course not tactic like in T17. But crates : The crate is close to you, or not : Safe-rope, or you must hurry
Hiding : Pile with the other worm, or he will use that worm to his next turn, and find a nice hide? ....etc
Of course somewhere Maciej is right too about if he gets mine, and opponents dyna, then opponent will win, but it's always changing. You don't know which weapons will you get, or which weapon will your opponent get, it's random.
I don't think if shoppa should be take out of classic.

Offline Ray

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 01:17 PM »
Nor did I like the scheme until I realized the potential of it. I wouldn't say that it's as enjoyable or challenging as other schemes, and people with less roping skills have somewhat better chance to beat a better skilled player, but still Maciej's "idea" is gratuitous, a simple ebullition of anger.

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 02:21 PM »
Nor did I like the scheme until I realized the potential of it. I wouldn't say that it's as enjoyable or challenging as other schemes, and people with less roping skills have somewhat better chance to beat a better skilled player, but still Maciej's "idea" is gratuitous, a simple ebullition of anger.

hahahahah Ray :D:D U and ur words.. Wikipedia at its best! :p

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 03:07 PM »
+1 XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 03:12 PM »
We learn these at school... And ebullition of anger is one expression. Gratuitous means baseless.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 03:27 PM »
Nerds :p. Well darkz said it all, nothing to add from my side. Shoppa ftw :).

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 05:30 PM »
Baseless? :D rofl :D

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Crazy

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 06:00 PM »
Remove shoppa? What have you been smoking? The day shoppa is removed from the league is the day I leave worms  :o Your arguments are extremely bad... First off, there is a big difference from attacking from rope and not. Secondly, you say shoppa is a lucky scheme where each round is attack. I guess we should remove Roper too then, since each round is an attack? Surely, you can have bad luck with the crates, like in any other scheme, but you can easily fight back with good tactical play. Eventually he will have to kill one worm of yours, which gives you the opporunity to pile every turn and make the health difference smaller. Play random00, Darkone, FFie, Mini, HHC, Chicken or Guardian as D1 said, you name them, and I`m sure you wont come out of it 50-50 in win/losses.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 02:49 AM »
Listen to my argument : Shoppa sux.

:P

I hate this scheme, when some1 pick it for TuS i hate it so much ^^

Offline Ray

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 07:42 AM »
I will pick it every time against you, since you hate it I will surely win. :P