Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:32 PM

Author Topic: Roper changes  (Read 4307 times)

Offline ZiPpO

Re: Roper changes
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 09:35 AM »
bros ;D

i think 15 or 20 minutes for SD is better than 30 minutes ;P

30 minutes = MORE LUCK because cr8s ;D

i vote 20 minutes ;DDD o/

Offline beer

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2009, 11:00 AM »
bros ;D

i think 15 or 20 minutes for SD is better than 30 minutes ;P

30 minutes = MORE LUCK because cr8s ;D

i vote 20 minutes ;DDD o/
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

zippo, kara a gente ta a discutir a utilizaƧao da SD no roper, nao o seu tempo, mas sim se se deve usar ou nao

drama queen iz back

Offline Devilage

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2010, 08:48 PM »
Heya jon, heres what I think...

Sd it's a great tactic after having a f@#!ing bad game with crates I actually won some games coz of sd skills u know, guys that had a lot of luck with crates owning me at the game then when sd came i just hided well so he had to touch the further wall and comeback if u dont have a good timing u fall and that gives me an advantage to attack u even fd u if u fall up of the map or if u just touch the wall but can't get me and I can...Like  my bitch dogg said sometimes games take too long coz of hard map and safe roping...So u need the 21 minutes when sd comes to stop eating health and start to try killing, like nail said too some ppl are wussies and if they have 10 secs to go w2w they just drop a weapon and hide again that shoudl change ... there should be a rule that says when sd comes u gotta touch both walls ... if u dont have enough time coz u fell at start just drop a wep and go touch it neways... so what u think carrick?

Smoking proud.

Offline Ray

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2010, 09:55 PM »
Let me add that dropping a weapon and just hiding does not give anyone unfair advantage, since the player doesn't do basically anything.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 03:23 AM »
Your right Dev, about the strategy of it all. I just don't believe that the sd strategy should be a part of a roper. Its not just a roper at that point, it becomes something else. I guess I'm just partial to the w2 ropers.

OH since I mentioned w2, is there anyway to increase fall damage? That would add a lot more skill to the game.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Devilage

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 06:11 AM »
Ray my man.. UR so right! the player does not do anything! so ppl could just stay hide or move a bit then drop a wep and comeback to their hides! so the other player tries to do w2w to attack and if he falls the wussy that doesnt wanna w2w suddenly start to rope to get the fallen player, u see my point now? gives unfair advantage because one is trying to w2w to kill and the other its just moving a bit and hidding again.

Smoking proud.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 06:16 AM »

OH since I mentioned w2, is there anyway to increase fall damage? That would add a lot more skill to the game.

ASk to deadcode dude XD

Smoking proud.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 12:41 PM »

Use TUS scheme editor. You can assign a big number for fall damage.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2010, 05:32 PM »

Use TUS scheme editor. You can assign a big number for fall damage.

Don't think I'm smart enough to figure that out.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2010, 05:56 PM »
Goto scheme editor and type the amount of fall damage you want here:

As you see in the picture, max is 254. Pick a number less than that or so. Some of the value are not defined in the game, so scheme editor just gives you the nearest value possible.

To edit your scheme file, choose your file from your system, click on "load", then change its fall damage value, then click on 'save this scheme to my inbox". you can download it right after that.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2010, 06:15 PM »
U gotta use it for funners tho ...

Smoking proud.

Offline Ray

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2010, 10:26 PM »
Ray my man.. UR so right! the player does not do anything! so ppl could just stay hide or move a bit then drop a wep and comeback to their hides! so the other player tries to do w2w to attack and if he falls the wussy that doesnt wanna w2w suddenly start to rope to get the fallen player, u see my point now? gives unfair advantage because one is trying to w2w to kill and the other its just moving a bit and hidding again.
Well, I still believe that if a less skilled player tries to do that with a better skilled player, the better skilled will have the patience and the experience to either succefully carry out an attack in almost every turn or hide to a different place where the opponent feels that he can attack him and either falls or attacks but runs out of time to hide back to the lame hide. This is what I believe with my experience in Roper, hehe.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2010, 11:54 PM »
Well, I still believe that if a less skilled player tries to do that with a better skilled player, the better skilled will have the patience and the experience to either succefully carry out an attack in almost every turn or hide to a different place where the opponent feels that he can attack him and either falls or attacks but runs out of time to hide back to the lame hide. This is what I believe with my experience in Roper, hehe.

Well the better roper should have more health by sudden death so he can just hide up top and then easily attack every turn. GG

Offline Devilage

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2010, 06:33 PM »
not in the case of crate raping...And well I like the actual rules for roper so I think there's no need to change anything...Maybe the crate spawn probability? but thats cybershadow work.

Smoking proud.