Forums
May 03, 2024, 02:02 PM

Author Topic: rules change request for Hysteria in clanners  (Read 4112 times)

Offline GodiTo

Re: rules change request for Hysteria in clanners
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 11:35 AM »
Actually I don't understand too, why is it cheap/lame. But dude, in BnG - throwing 4secs - is lame too, but it is allowed. So let's make a rule that "No 4 sec nades"? Just play well, and don't let your opponent teleporting near to you, so everything is solved ;)

PS : I'm retarded too.

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 12:41 PM »
IM TARD!
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline Csongi

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 01:50 PM »
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 03:36 PM »
The scheme is not classic and therefore should not be in the classic league. Or maybe someone can give me a definition of classic.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Husk

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 04:21 PM »
schemes that use the usual skills that wormers share, that includes being able to aim with accuracy in very short time

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 04:42 PM »
schemes that use the usual skills that wormers share, that includes being able to aim with accuracy in very short time

Jetpack is a usual skill? I never used it until the hysteria scheme was made.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Husk

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 05:51 PM »
good point. without jetpack maybe the scheme would be too boring? i can alrdy see myself shooting myself in the head if i played hysteria without a jetpack.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 06:06 PM »
The scheme is not classic and therefore should not be in the classic league. Or maybe someone can give me a definition of classic.
Well the name was probably chosen a bit unlucky. Classic is probably referring not so much to the schemes in it but the type of league. I always wondered about the existence of the hysteria scheme in it too... it kinda came out of nowhere and got mostly pick by guys who can't win any other scheme against you but got decent pretty quickly in hyst as it is a scheme u can get pretty decent in quite quick. And that actually shows the quality of the scheme too, maybe interesting on the surface but it simply lacks depth. Also it kinda represents every lame stuff that you would lose ur credibility for when you did it in any other scheme like bng for example...

Offline wowwow

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 10:25 PM »
Imo , playing hysteria with 6 worms in 1 vs 1 is good for try to reduce the turn advantage , the problem is that a simple shoot could hit any worm because there are too many , but playing in a elite map can make this avoided.

Opinions?

P.S: Has the creator of this topic answered any post? lol

Offline Devilage

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 07:32 AM »
Telecow my butt start calling telerape as I said on some other "retard" post like this one, some players don't like tele advantage on their funner games thats acceptable coz their host their rules but hysteria scheme on a league game doesnt have any rule, so stick to hysteria funners if u dont like skunk.

fcuk u maciej stop smitting i bet it is u quit worms for sake! as u said.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:34 AM by Devilage »

Smoking proud.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 01:19 PM »
Devilage we appreciate your opinion always but please in a softer way.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 08:20 AM »
Sorry :p I hate smitters and ppl who say telecow XD.

Smoking proud.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 07:47 PM »
I haven't bothered replying to any posts in here because:

A) I forgot that I even posted this
B) I rarely log in to TUS
C) I'm too busy most of the time to discuss shit in a forum

I understand the game of Hysteria. I understand that there are no rules. I understand that you can, to a degree, prevent tele/jet "cowing" (or whatever you want to call it.) I understand that there's certain strategies that one must abide by to win.

HOWEVER -

My main point was/is that in my personal opinion, Hysteria is a bullshit scheme for clanners. For funners, it's great.. especially if I am in an impatient mood and don't want to wait around for minutes between turns. Would anyone play a BnA clanner?  ::)

My main issue is that it is commonly accepted by the vast majority of players that using turn advantage via jetpacks and/or teleports is lame, so very few people will allow them in games. Why should clanners be any different? It's not like crates are optional in roper clanners, or straight zooks are allowed in BNG clanners. My whole issue with hysteria as a clan scheme is that it is played differently than what most people accept as "the rules." (Even though, as it has been stated, there are no 'official' rules.)

I knew when posting this thread originally that nobody would agree with me, and that's fine. I can't say that I really give a shit about the Worms community anymore (no offense, guys), nor have I for many years. If you don't agree with me, that's fine, but never have I encountered a scheme that is played differently in clanners than it is colloquially known to be played in non-clan games.

Even with using strategies to counteract an enemy using turn advantage, they can still go from getting owned into a victory with a couple lucky turns, especially if mines or easy plops are around. I still think abusing turn advantage is cowardly and gay, and I'm not changing my mind.

Offline Peja

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 08:04 PM »
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Devilage

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 11:46 PM »

I knew when posting this thread originally that nobody would agree with me, and that's fine. I can't say that I really give a shit about the Worms community anymore (no offense, guys), nor have I for many years.

So ur opinion it's not valid.

Smoking proud.