Forums
May 05, 2024, 03:05 AM

Author Topic: TUS advertisement  (Read 3871 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: TUS advertisement
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 02:37 PM »
maybe having some sort of raffles for nice keyboards, or tournaments for keyboards, or buying w:a for interested newbs (through steam) or we can save the money, and do even bigger things (WormsCon type things)

Those are some great ideas !

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 06:38 PM »
[anything avirex says]

Holy shit! It's the Apocalypse!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist :)
Nice ideas, in all, but as far as I've read, MI hasn't even decided on the advertisements yet :) I see you've given it some thought in terms of organisation, as well. Does that mean this committee is in charge of sending gifts/prizes as well?
They tried this a while back with ESL and Gigaliga, too. Clearly there's an advantage now with WA being on sale on steam, but if your idea of this is to get a bigger audience/playing ground, how do you think that could be made to work?

(Don't take these questions as a "cranky DarkOne disapproves" btw, I'm asking because you have made me curious :))

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2013, 07:07 PM »
There is always something we have to start with, right? Making tourneys and stuff with many prizes and all is no doubt a hard work but we doesnt even talking about this now, its simply about putting adds on site somewhere to see how it will turn out, how much money we can earn etc

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2013, 07:12 PM »
You know how you have those 2 things that flicks through peoples good shots and turns etc, WO and stuff...

Could put some ads that pop up there once in a while, it would look kinda cool actually.

"You know Husk right?.."

"Sponsored by Wonderbra..."

:D

Offline avirex

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2013, 09:08 PM »
[anything avirex says]

Holy shit! It's the Apocalypse!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist :)
Nice ideas, in all, but as far as I've read, MI hasn't even decided on the advertisements yet :) I see you've given it some thought in terms of organisation, as well. Does that mean this committee is in charge of sending gifts/prizes as well?
They tried this a while back with ESL and Gigaliga, too. Clearly there's an advantage now with WA being on sale on steam, but if your idea of this is to get a bigger audience/playing ground, how do you think that could be made to work?

(Don't take these questions as a "cranky DarkOne disapproves" btw, I'm asking because you have made me curious :))

bahhaha nice post from start to finish!!

i cant really answer that question right now... like impo said though, it will start with bringing in money, i think MonkeyIsland kind of approved... he just as always wants to see how others feel about this...

as far is if the committee is in charge of sending gifts/prizes... thats also something that can be dealt with at a later date, obviously Monkey is in charge of the first payment, how he decides to split it up after that would be up to him. (how much goes to himself/staff/ and website, and how much goes to the committee to award to the community, and other things)

but yeah, i think "the head of the committee" can take responsibility of the money, create an account for Monkey to put the money in. obviously we want want someone trusted, and just one single person for this roll (assuming Monkey does not want to be bothered with this)

i just wanna get the ball rolling on this... if Monkey Supports it (does not seem like there is anyone totally against the ads) then he should go ahead and put ads on the site, and start collecting (i have no idea how, or what to do with that or i would help)

once money starts coming in, i think there will be more people with interest on where it should go, and some cool ideas to do with it... i think "worms promotion" community would get involved also..

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2013, 08:44 PM »
tus ordinary day:
oohh community is diying, no one plays clanners, old schoolers leave us, its so hard to find tus on ag now
the day that could be revolutional on worms armageddon:
oh it will make too much drama we dont really need money, ofc it will bring tus to the new level and all but it also make alot of complaints
the next day:
 oohh community is diying, no one plays clanners, old schoolers leave us, its so hard to find tus on ag now *crying* *crying*

fk u guys lol

Offline avirex

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2013, 10:44 AM »
impo is right.... everyone is always with the same complaints, and dont get me wrong.. they are mostly valid complaints...

now there is something that no doubt will bring a change for the better, and no one wants to get involved...  its really shocking.

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2013, 11:20 AM »
There are several things suggested around to improve the league but only a few people on everytopic get involved and I understand that it does not motive MI.
Here are some suggestions:
1) Ad => prize (this topic)
2) Matchmaking
3) sound on personal/group shoutbox + mumble like voice press to speak
4) Add more scheme to tus classic league and use weight on them based on skills needed.
5) karma change (mix between stackoverflow and game forums)
6) redesign rules display and site layout.

I am not saying I agree to all of them but I am pointing out that several suggestion with some that I believe are good has been posted but the community being older and more "purist" does not really accept any change even if it is for the best (league experiment failure prove it for me).

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2013, 03:16 PM »
There are several things suggested around to improve the league but only a few people on everytopic get involved and I understand that it does not motive MI.
Here are some suggestions:

1) Ad => prize: I'm on it. I'm in Iran and I can't provide Iranian address for things like Google Ad. So I'm looking to find a solution.
2) Matchmaking: I'm on it since the day I posted on that thread.
3) sound on personal/group shoutbox + mumble like voice press to speak: It is actually done and working. But the whole shoutbox is getting rewritten, so you have to wait till the whole thing is done. Not the mumble though.
4) Add more scheme to tus classic league and use weight on them based on skills needed: Nothing on this.
5) karma change (mix between stackoverflow and game forums) Nothing on this.
6) redesign rules display and site layout: This is pending, it was an ongoing process. But people who were involved are taking things slow.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2013, 03:39 PM »
1) Ad => prize: I'm on it. I'm in Iran and I can't provide Iranian address for things like Google Ad. So I'm looking to find a solution.
2) Matchmaking: I'm on it since the day I posted on that thread.
3) sound on personal/group shoutbox + mumble like voice press to speak: It is actually done and working. But the whole shoutbox is getting rewritten, so you have to wait till the whole thing is done. Not the mumble though.
4) Add more scheme to tus classic league and use weight on them based on skills needed: Nothing on this.
5) karma change (mix between stackoverflow and game forums) Nothing on this.
6) redesign rules display and site layout: This is pending, it was an ongoing process. But people who were involved are taking things slow.

1) Makes sense now, no problem thats not the thing we gotta hurry on anyway
2) I bet with money prizes there will be much easier to find tus on ag. However mix of matchmaking+money prizes seems really awesome
3) i personally dont carea about this
4) i dont think we need more classic league schemes
5) i dont care about karma
6) i could help with some rules, i have big knowlege with game mechanic like drops etc