Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:13 AM

Author Topic: TUS advertisement  (Read 3865 times)

Offline avirex

TUS advertisement
« on: August 06, 2013, 02:06 AM »
impo said if you put a banner on the site for some advertisement you can earn money..

is this true??

i think you should do it Monkey, im sure there is some company willing to pay because this site gets plenty of hits...

also, we can all click on it frequently, to make the company think its actually working ;)

i would not mind having a banner or 2, or even several... pop-ups even!! f@#! it!! the more money the better!!

money will no doubt bring more activity, higher level of play, and even some old schoolers back....

25% can go to the house (tus web-site and staff)

25% to singles

50% to clanners (because it would have to be divided among all members..

or some variation of that... whats everyone think?!!

Offline Anubis

Re: TUS advertisement
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 04:36 AM »
I don't mind, I use adblocker anyway. :P
I would rather donate directly to MI, maybe pay a subscription fee for every season in which I played.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 05:23 AM »
yeah i just come here to make a topic about this.
Even now (when tus site doesnt have alot of visitors etc, still 50 guests at 5 am) with some good gaming advertisment for example we'll earn 4-5$ per day (i dont have access to the tus stats so i really dunno) , and whole classic season takes 2 months => 60 days, so its 5*60=300$ every season, 150$ for clan winner. Isnt 150$ a reason for CF to play another classic season?

and for rich bitches like anubis we can make option, donate some money and you'll get adds removed (for one season xD)

Offline avirex

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 04:21 PM »
nobody has any opinion about this???

what about you MonkeyIsland.... are you open to the idea?  or not interested.

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 06:08 PM »
yeah thats the first time in life when Im really interest in MI's opinion and waiting for him

And also would be nice if you share some tus stats (unique visitors per day and pages loaded per day)

Offline Triad

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 06:19 PM »
MI, it can be good for TUS. With the money you earned from you can advertise TUS to some other gaming sites.

Offline Krezo

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 06:27 PM »

also, we can all click on it frequently, to make the company think its actually working ;)

i would not mind having a banner or 2, or even several... pop-ups even!! f@#! it!! the more money the better!!

That is a great idea, but I think we should all try to find some companies/sponsors for it.

The most important thing is that what can we offer them (statistical data, visitors per day/week/month, how long will stay their banner, may call one season by sponsors name...), what will be their benefits...

This is only for start, but making some first example of offer should be great if anyone could make it.. just to see it.

Don't forget TAX :)
No signature.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 06:40 PM »
yeah thats the first time in life when Im really interest in MI's opinion and waiting for him

Aww I'm feeling so warm and cozy inside :-*

And also would be nice if you share some tus stats (unique visitors per day and pages loaded per day)

According to Google Analytics, TUS has average of 300 unique visitors per day. According to TUS, at least 150 users log in per day.
For the last month we've had 78% returning users and 22% new visitors.
The pageview stats of Google Analytics is much different from TUS stats itself.
Around 10k hits per day (we've had a decrease in the past month to 6k) while TUS's goes over 50k. (TUS is counting search engines too)

Right now: 59 Guests, 15 Users (30 Spiders)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline AlTarf

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 07:17 PM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:10 PM by AlTarf »

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 10:15 PM »
ok Monkey... thnx for the statistics but also share your opinion.

what do you think about having banners for profit???

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 11:54 PM »
looking at stats I think 500$ per 2 months is easy to get, and once tus become popular again it will be not hard to earn 1000$ per 2 months, we just need to add the adds exactly where they should be and with certain theme about gaming like "buy new razor keyboards" and blabla

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 04:59 AM »
As long as ads don't bother members, I think it's OK.

Google ads in your mind?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline avirex

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 02:57 PM »
ok, if MonkeyIsland is in favor of this...

and no members have any objections lets get this ball rolling...

Impo you seem to know a lot about this, whats the first step we take... and as you said in more popular months we will earn more money... (during WO, obviously there is less activity)

and once we start putting rewards on singles and clanner seasons, we will get an increase in activity as well, and then maybe we can even advertise the game, and the league more...  i know if i win, i would donate my winnings to advertisement...

im excited about this, im surprised free and his cronies are not here... wheres the worms armageddon promotion projects guys??

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 03:17 PM »
we can start to earn money for season #34 from now on

first off MI gotta make account on web money or smth like that to keep all that money. Or maybe something with outisde interface so that would allow us to see how much is the budget of season, that would motivate players alot ;D

Then MI gotta put adds he would like to use on site, the only thing id like to say is that it should have theme which every wormer would like to checkout, something about gaming I guess. And ofc adds should pop-up on every page of the site.
sounds simple on theory but who knows how it will turn out, anyway its worth a shot

alot of work for MI but nobody will worry if he take some money he earned on his site :P
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:20 PM by Impossible »

Offline avirex

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 05:04 PM »
so what do we have to do?? Email companies and ask if they are willing to pay TUS to put banners on our site??

explain to them what we are, and the hits we get, etc?? what is going rate for something like that?? weekly fee? monthly fee? would we get extra if ppl actually click on the links??

Monkey, do you know how to go about this?   

maybe somone can type up exactly what to say to companies, then i will start to email different gaming companies and see if anyone is interested...

who has good spelling grammar to type something up ae??